Masters in Clinical Research

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 325)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

AF in El Paso, Texas

78 months ago

Has anyone looked into the MS in Clinical Research Administration at Walden University? Is it any good compared to some of the others offered at GWU or Drexel?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

CTM in DC in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

78 months ago

I agree with RG from Cali... just getting an MS in Clinical Research won't get you a CRA position. it will show that you are interested and have the book knowledge, but nothing compares to doing field monitoring.

Most people have to work their way up to became a CRA. That means being a CRC (coordinator) or joining a CRO (Contract Research Organization) and have them train you through their program.

Very few, if any, biotech or pharma companies will hire applicants for a CRA position without actual field experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Hiral in Teaneck, New Jersey

78 months ago

If you are on any visa and wants to get training in clincial research visit to well know school in USA with long time establishment. Select industry professional staff who has cummulative experience of over 100 years in pharma field. So you can get knowledge of clinical research. I studied at AIPT before 6 years and working in Kendle CRO as Sr. CRA. visit www.AIPTedu.com.
real project, real exp on the floor.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

mpatel in Nashua, New Hampshire

78 months ago

Hiral in Teaneck, New Jersey said: If you are on any visa and wants to get training in clincial research visit to well know school in USA with long time establishment. Select industry professional staff who has cummulative experience of over 100 years in pharma field. So you can get knowledge of clinical research. I studied at AIPT before 6 years and working in Kendle CRO as Sr. CRA. visit www.AIPTedu.com .
real project, real exp on the floor.

Hi Hiral,
Will clinical research help me to get H1?

Regards,
mpatel

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

passionate in Ocoee, Florida

78 months ago

I have a BS in Psychology, will soon be a LMT (licensed massage therapist), and I have loved clinical research ever since I was introduced to it in undergrad!!!.... I plan to start grad school (possibly MPH) in 2011 but I want to begin working full time in the research field to gain work experience. But I need some advice on where to begin my search. Do I look for coordinator jobs first? Trial assistant? What does the "totem pole" look like?

Also, I live in Orlando, FL and clinical research doesn't seem to be popular here. I 26 yrs old, single, w/ no kids- should I consider relocating? If so, What cities are good for aspring CRA's

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Hannah mary in Bangalore, India

78 months ago

I am a dentist in india,Have 2yr experiance in this field.I am doing a post graduate diploma corse in clinical research and pharmacovigilance.After completing this course iam planning to move to US with my husband.Will i get job in clinical research or pharmacovigilance job in US.Somebody please guide me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Clinical Team Lead in Addison, Illinois

78 months ago

Replying to"Passionate" who wrote:
I have a BS in Psychology, will soon be a LMT (licensed massage therapist), and I have loved clinical research ever since I was introduced to it in undergrad!!!.... I plan to start grad school (possibly MPH) in 2011 but I want to begin working full time in the research field to gain work experience. But I need some advice on where to begin my search. Do I look for coordinator jobs first? Trial assistant? What does the "totem pole" look like?

Also, I live in Orlando, FL and clinical research doesn't seem to be popular here. I 26 yrs old, single, w/ no kids- should I consider relocating? If so, What cities are good for aspring CRA's.

You guessed it. You should try to get in somewhere as a Study Coordinator. Check out hospitals, research institutes, SMOs, and Dr. Offices. Florida has a lot of sites doing research. Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa are all big areas of research. Check out Sheriden Discovery Research in Ft. Lauderdale... they may be trying to hire new SCs, but they would have to be willing to train you.

This is how I got into Clinical Research... by being a SC first, although if you are willing to become a Clinical Trial Assistant, move, and work in an office setting, you could try applying at some CROs. I know Quintiles will hire new CTAs with a Science degree background however you'll have to work as a CTA for about 1.5 to 2 years before moving up to a CRA (monitor) position. Quintiles has offices in NC, ATL, TX, SND, SF, NJ, MA. You could also try DCRI in NC.

Good luck,

Noma in Durham, North Carolina

78 months ago

lynette in Cary, North Carolina said: Duke University has a Master of Health Sciences in Clinical Leadership Program for $39,000. Campbell University has the same program and they also offer a BS. George Washington University in Washington DC has the same program but it is all offered online for $475 per semester hour. On the other hand, Durham Tech offers a Clinical Laboratory Research Administration Certificate for only $42 per hour, and it includes 2 semesters of rotations with a local company. Being a graduate of NC State and George Washington University, I would honestly suggest at least looking into Durham Tech program because it is inexpensive and it allows you to get you foot in the door with this local companies. There is an information session on 22May2008 at Durham tech. I currently work in clinical data management for pharmaceutical company on RTP. I applied for a CRA position with them several times over a year and was only offered a phone interview. They are mostly only hiring RN's now unless you have previous experience with the company, such as in data management department. So I applied for a data management position and got it and now I am trying to work my way up; trust me it is hard getting in the door but once your in the possibilities are limitless.

Hi! I was just reading your thread and I was interested in finding out how your job is going. I am considering a career in clinical Research and right now, my only option is Durham Tech. Did you ever applied into their program and if so, how is it. I have BS degree in Information Technology. I have thought about getting a nursing degree because a lot of the CRC jobs are requiring some sort of nursing on health science degree but I saw that nursing may take a long time to complete and I am not too thrilled about nursing as a profession. Do you have any advice or anyone out there that is reading this.

Noma in Durham, North Carolina

78 months ago

Hi! I was just reading your thread and I was interested in finding out how your job is going. I am considering a career in clinical Research and right now, my only option is Durham Tech. Did you ever applied into their program and if so, how is it. I have BS degree in Information Technology. I have thought about getting a nursing degree because a lot of the CRC jobs are requiring some sort of nursing on health science degree but I saw that nursing may take a long time to complete and I am not too thrilled about nursing as a profession. Do you have any advice or anyone out there that is reading this.

passionate in Ocoee, Florida

78 months ago

Clinical Team Lead in Addison, Illinois said: Replying to"Passionate" who wrote:

Also, I live in Orlando, FL and clinical research doesn't seem to be popular here. I 26 yrs old, single, w/ no kids- should I consider relocating? If so, What cities are good for aspring CRA's.

You guessed it. You should try to get in somewhere as a Study Coordinator. Check out hospitals, research institutes, SMOs, and Dr. Offices. Florida has a lot of sites doing research. Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa are all big areas of research. Check out Sheriden Discovery Research in Ft. Lauderdale... they may be trying to hire new SCs, but they would have to be willing to train you.

This is how I got into Clinical Research... by being a SC first, although if you are willing to become a Clinical Trial Assistant, move, and work in an office setting, you could try applying at some CROs. I know Quintiles will hire new CTAs with a Science degree background however you'll have to work as a CTA for about 1.5 to 2 years before moving up to a CRA (monitor) position. Quintiles has offices in NC, ATL, TX, SND, SF, NJ, MA. You could also try DCRI in NC.

Good luck,

Clinical Lead,

Thank you soooooooo much for your words of wisdom! Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question! I have already begun putting your advice into action..... I now have some new leads and I know what to look for in my job search. GOD bless you!

Alecia (aka Passionate)
music513lover@aol.com

Dr Aniruddh in Dhule, India

77 months ago

HI

I have completed my BDS from Mumbai and m planing Msc in clinical recearch.
Could you advise me about a few medical universities in the us.
what about the medical university of south carolina and the diploma by icri.
is it worthwile to do it

regards!

nataliecra in Bat-Yam, Israel

76 months ago

Hi everyone.
I was just wondering is there someone who graduated the Liverpool University online master degree in Clinical Research Administration. I got an offer to join their program which lasts 2 years with an option to extend it up to 36 months. The total tution fee is 15000 EU.
I hold a BSN and CRA certificate and have been working as a Registered Nurse for 4 years, as a Study Coordinator for 1 year and now I am a CRA in a small CRO for 1 year. With all my working expereince combined and academic degree as a BSN I assume I can fit their requirements, but I need in some more positive feedbacks about this programme in from this paricular university. Actually, any reply is valuable:)

aniruddh in Pune, India

76 months ago

hey payal!

even m planin masters in clinical recearch from us
m a dentist from india

is it a worthwile option

regards

PH in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

74 months ago

Payal Thakkar in North Brunswick, New Jersey said: I am a Clinical Research Associate within Merck & Co., Inc.. I would like to know if there are any good schools to get my masters in public health/clinical research???

Thanks in advance for your support!!

Kaplan University has a great online program in Publich Health. I don't know if you were seeking online or not, but they offer 3 different areas of specialization. It's worth checking out. www.online.kaplanuniversity.edu

Good luck!

sameena khan in Ghaziabad, India

73 months ago

Payal Thakkar in North Brunswick, New Jersey said: I am a Clinical Research Associate within Merck & Co., Inc.. I would like to know if there are any good schools to get my masters in public health/clinical research???

hi,
i am a postgraduate in biotech.woeking as a CRA in india since 1.5years.i am looking for a CRA job in new jersey.can u provide me some guidence.
thanks

JAI in Westbury, New York

73 months ago

\
Eastern Michigan university , Ypsilanti , MI OFFERS BOTH CERTIFICATE AND MS IN CLINICAL RESEARCH ADMINISTRATION & REGULATORY AFFAIRS

ksihore in Chicago, Illinois

73 months ago

Hi,

Im a science student.i want to pursue MS in clinical research.will any one tell me what are the oppurtunities in this field

gincy in Duluth, Georgia

72 months ago

hi am currently in atlanta on an h4 visa n i hold a masters degree in pharmacology from india.can anyone tell me if the george washington university is credible?if so vl it be better to go for the masters degree or just the graduate certificatin in clinical research administration?
is this course really worth it in the job market?

would be kind if someone enlightened me on this matter.. really in a quandry at the moment...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

gincy in Duluth, Georgia

72 months ago

also is there anyone out there who got a job in this field after doin a degree in clinical research administration or nythng of the sort?

rashmi in Pleasanton, California

71 months ago

monica in San Francisco, California said: I am BAMS from India and rt now i m on h4 i want to pursue certificate course in clinical research conduct n mangement from berkley extenstion can any body plz suggest me if i can get job here on the basis of this .is this the rt step ?
or shall i pursue ms in biotechnology plz guide me

Hi Monica,
I read your query on indeed.I am also BAMS and confused between two options whether to go for CRA berkeley or MS in Biotechnology from UCCA.Can you please help me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

divya in Mississauga, Ontario

71 months ago

Is Clinical writer associate is entry level position or middle level position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

christina1968 in Sicklerville, New Jersey

71 months ago

Hello, I was a clinical research coordinator for 5 years at a local hospital. I have been trying for last 2 years to work at a CRO as either a drug safety associate or CRA, but no luck yet. I have tried employment agencies and also directly submit my resume to the CROs. Can anyone out there help me get my foot into the door? Thank you.

Ravi in Vincentown, New Jersey

70 months ago

I graduated from Mumbai university with M Sc 2003 (gold medal) migrated in USA and studied Clinical Research certification program AIPT nad presently working last three years in multi national CRO.
My realtime project on cancer research help me to get a job. AIPT placed so many students in clinical / pharmaceutical compnay.
visit www.AIPTedu.com

divya in Iselin, New Jersey

70 months ago

Please let me job opportunities in clinical research field in NJ region

Ansari in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

70 months ago

Thiyagu,

A MS in clinical research is really only helpful for those who already have several years experience in clinical research and want to move up. Entry-level positions only require a Bachelor of Science degree- additional training courses/certificates/MS are absolutely NOT necessary to get a job here.

I would get an entry-level job in clinical research first and then use your employers tuition reimbursement program so that they will pay for your degree or additional training courses. Most US employers will pay you to attend their training program after you are hired that will teach you everything you need to know to get started.

smiles in Long Beach, California

70 months ago

I wanted to know whether the online masters degrees offered by many univ promise a good job with H1 sponsorship?
and how easy is it to get jobs after the course?

MKORI in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

70 months ago

ABSOLUTELY NO universities or training programs can promise employment.

loj in Fairfield, California

68 months ago

I am debating between a masters in clinical research administration or masters in clinical management and leadership. I have a BS in clinical laboratory science. Of the two masters programs which one would give me a wider opportunity and higher salary? i have heard that it is hard to get a job in clinical research and the pay is not that great. anyone?

CRA in Fairfield, Connecticut

68 months ago

Is that between GWU and Drexel? Before I completed my Master's I researched both programs and both were very similar and both had great reputations, so I went with price (Drexel is ~$25,000 more). I completed the program now and never regretted it. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

I think it’s great that you already have your Masters degree… So are you hoping that by getting a degree in Clinical Research that you will be able to enter the industry easier, or would this be more for your own edification? I am wondering because I do not necessarily feel that 2 Masters of Science (MS) degrees would help you - 1 MS is already respected in the industry and you may be better benefited from a business degree, but I also wonder what others think…

sirisha in Z├╝rich, Switzerland

68 months ago

hi

I have done BE in biotechnology and looking forward to do my masters in clinical research, I want to do it in US and i am on dependent visa as of now. please can any one suggest me which universities are providing masters in clinical research in or near by Ohio.

thank you

MKORI in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

68 months ago

Prashanti in Hyderabad, India said: S i am actually planning a shift in my career so i thought getting into the industry demands a knowledge of the core subject. As i am a fresher i was wondering if this is really helpful to me. So i wanted to know hows the market there in the US and also the prospects of this course because i really want to get into a career where i can make a good living. plz guide me :)

Prashanti,

I also agree that getting another Master's Degree won't be that beneficial. You can learn everything you need to by self-studying the regulations and by doing some volunteer work. Let experience be your teacher and get a job in the field, not another degree that won't pay off in the end.

jj

68 months ago

PDS doc,

You have excellent qualifications, you certainly do NOT need to do any sort of a course!

I would go somewhere that your interest lies.
-Do you like writing? Go into medical writing.
-Do you prefer looking at case studies? Apply for medical monitor positions.
-Do you prefer being on the scientific side? There are positions for that as well.

Get your training from a company that's paying you- you don't need to pay for a course! Look into the big CROs and sponsor companies. When you are looking for MD-level positions, you must be very flexible where you live, so a move may be necessary.

Network with others that have moved to the states, networking is much more powerful than training.

stlken in Saint Peters, Missouri

67 months ago

Does anyone have any info on Arizona State's Masters of Science in Clinical Research Management? It's by far the cheapest I've found that provides an online program (about $14,000). Why? It's taught through the College of Nursing and Health Innovation; would that make it harder to get a job outside of a hospital?

Kathy in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

67 months ago

STL Ken.

The cost of the Master's degree should never be a primary concern. The value added from the degree should always be at the top of your list of things to consider.

Being taught through the college of nursing is a strength, not a weakness. Considering that nurses are the backbone of clinical research, it is important. I would really look into the curriculum and see which areas the program is concentrated on. It could be concentrated more on the clinical research SITE management side instead of the management of the 'SPONSOR/FDA' side. If this degree is more oriented to management of PIs, nurses and the collection of data, this would be an excellent program for a site manager, but not so much a regulatory affairs person or project manager at a CRO.

My advice is to look at the cirriculum of each program and try to gain a profile of the currently enrolled students to let you know how you'll fit in.

Santiago in West Chester, Ohio

67 months ago

I'm glad that I found this forum. I recently joined UC for a MS program in Drug Development (tution based),the program is comprehensive which icludes Pharmacology,and regulatory issues. The only reason I joined is to increase the chance of getting a clinical resarch job after so many unsuccesful attempts, regardless of my background (Foreign MD)not liscenced in the US. But, I'm asking myself every day if this is worth doing it? does this open the door fo a job in clinical research or anything like that ?
I appreciate your comments on this.
thanks

Massa in Chicago, Illinois

67 months ago

Employers don't want masters degrees or training certificatesor a 3 month internship... Employers want 2 years of entry level experience. You already have ample education, you don't need to waste ur money or ur time.

Just because u r foreign medical grad does not mean u can just skip this step. The best way for FMG to get into research is to work with research doctors as a CRC/ study coordinator for 2 years in order to get started.

CRA in South Barre, Massachusetts

67 months ago

Agree with the idea that experience is MUCH more helpful when getting in as a CRA. Someone in another thread put it very well: an Entry level CRA does not mean entry level in to the industry/position, it just means you have not monitored before. You need to have experience in the industry to get in.

I disagree though, that employers don’t want Masters Degrees. Especially in this economic climate, an potential employee who has a Masters Degree means the company does not have to reimburse for this large expense. I still believe that experience is more of a requirement, but there is no way that a degree can hurt your chances (I am assuming Massa indicated employers do not want potential employees with no experience and a degree).

Good luck!

shellbsb in Palm Coast, Florida

66 months ago

I am looking to start a career in clinical research. I have a Bachelors in Biology and a MBA. I have become a member of SOCRA but i don not have any hands on experience with clinical trials. Are there any companies that hire at entry level to gain expereince or are there any programs that will allow you to volunteer time to receive hands on experience. I am also looking to enter a MS in Clinical Research Program. Can anyone help me with my problem. LOL

naina in San Francisco, California

66 months ago

Hi payal,

you can try, UMDNJ School of Public Health, New Brunswick/Newark/ Campbell,

kirti in Ypsilanti, Michigan

66 months ago

Hello ,

I am a student pursuing masters in clinical research administration....i still need to work on my project to graduate....can some one guide me in completing my project....I am actually interested in regulatory affairs....but i was not sure of how to start the project...suggest me if u have any ideas

Sadua in Wilmington, North Carolina

66 months ago

kirti in Ypsilanti, Michigan said: Hello ,

I am a student pursuing masters in clinical research administration....i still need to work on my project to graduate....can some one guide me in completing my project....I am actually interested in regulatory affairs....but i was not sure of how to start the project...suggest me if u have any ideas

What type of project do you have to do?

Randy in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

66 months ago

Archana in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: Hi !
I have Phd in NeuroScience and wanted to pursue CRA career. I was wondering if CRA certification course can get me an industry job or MS in CR is a requirement.
Also, I am on H4 so with current H1 visa issues I wanted to ensure that the course that I will be doing is also providing me with CPT or OPT.
Does anybody have any information for CPT/OPT for online certification courses or even for online MS in CR ?

Appreciate any response,
Thanks Archana

Hi Archanal,

Personally, I think it's a really bad idea to get an MS in clinical research.

An MS is not much of a value-added to most places from what I've seen. Maybe an MS is good for opening some doors and getting entry positions. But after fattening some school's educational coffers to the tune of $25K+, one should ask themselves whether the money is better spent getting an MBA, rather than a degree with a short dated meaningful shelf life.

Ask yourself -- Would you ever pay a headhunter $25K to find you an entry level job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nikhil in Ruston, Louisiana

65 months ago

I am planning to do Masters in Clinical research management from an American University. I have done MBBS from India. All those who are in this stream kindly let me know the pros n cons of this decision. Thank you.

tapsi in Irving, Texas

64 months ago

hii everyone,

I am student of M.S.clinical research and management(CRM) from university of north texas health science center. Now i am doing internship at a CRO. I am worried about my job prospects. can any of you suggest what i can do to get a job as a CRA? I am interested in to go into QA department at any CRO or anywhere place possible. Please guide me or let me know if there are any offers available to the fresh graduates.

sammyk in Wayland, Michigan

64 months ago

I am a registered nurse, and looking at masters programs. The clinical research degree interest me, but not sure if I should pursue MSN or certificate. Anyone with this experience? How was your online experience? Job market for MSN in CRA? I am in Michigan and looking for online program. Anyone's input in appreciated.

64 months ago

Barb in Fair Haven, New Jersey said: Hi
A good MSN/Clinical Research Management specialty program is offered through Duke University. Most of the courses are offered on-line if you don't want to move to N.C. The only caveat is that you must be a Registered Nurse with a B.S.N.
I received my MSN in 2008- the program was really excellent.
Hope that helps!
Barb

Hi Barb,
What type of work are you doing with your MSN in CRM? I am looking to get my MSN starting this fall and research interests me.
Thanks for you input.
Melissa

64 months ago

Loved GWU's program and it was much less expensive than Drexel's program. A lot of people also mention that the MSU program is very good, although I did not have experience with that one. What are your long term goals? This degree may help you get in the door, but it really is not a guarantee, nor should you expect that this degree will help you skip a few steps on the career ladder. With that being said, it may help you get in to more of an entry-level position and help you move up from there. Is your long-term goal to be in clinical research?

64 months ago

What type of work are you doing Barb? Wondering about the outlook for this type of degree.

64 months ago

My long term goal is to be involved in clinical research. Would NP be better? Or MBA?

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.