Masters in Clinical Research

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (251 to 300 of 327)
Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

Vishnu Teja in India

52 months ago

Hi,
I'm a dentist from India.planning to do MS in clinical research in us.kindly tel me what is clinical research,what is the future for dentists in clinical research and job opportunities? Which is better among clinical research,hospital administration and public health dentistry.what other options does foreign dentists have in us

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Sammy in Cary, North Carolina

52 months ago

Hi Vishnu,

I have never been approached for any dental-related studies, nor have I ever heard of any of my colleagues working in dentistry-related clinical research. So, I really don't see much demand in clinical research for people with dental experience.

May I ask why you are considering a Master's in Clinical Research when you already hold a higher degree? To me, it seems foolish for a doctor to go back to school for a Master's for a job that is for people who have only earned a Bachelor's.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

manasa_prasad in Des Plaines, Illinois

51 months ago

Hi,

I have done my Master's in Zoology, I am currently on H4 visa. Can you give me training and assistance to get a H1b visa and work placement?

Manasa

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Emma Cho in Seoul, Korea, Republic of

51 months ago

I am a CRA have been working for 5years. Most of studies I did were oncology studies. Would you recommend about master degree course of oncological clinical research?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

sharad chaddha in Lucknow, India

50 months ago

i m MD.pharmacology,wanted to make my carrier in medical oncology

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

dr.devendra in Delhi, India

50 months ago

sharad chaddha in Lucknow, India said: i m MD.pharmacology,wanted to make my carrier in medical oncology

i can refer u to dr.devendra singh frm Era's lucknow medical college,,,one of the eminent pharmacologist produce by dis country,,,thanx for giving me an opportunity of correspondence.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

smartyus in Houston, Texas

50 months ago

Hi All, I have going thru this forum for quiet sometime.
I am interested in Clinical Research field. I am a dentist from India and currently doing MPH in Epidemiology and was wondering if I can get admitted to MS clincial reseach course after my MPH. Could you please give me the details of the grad schools. Also, can I work directly after my MPH in any entry level clincal research jobs. For that, what skills/courses so I need to take to build my skill set so that I can get into job. Please advice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Phillip in Washington, District of Columbia

50 months ago

Hi smartyus,

Why are you getting so many degrees? Personally, I've never seen anyone get a decent return on investment for getting multiple masters degrees. One is enough. At this point in time, you can get a clinical research job without the M P H. I don't think that you need to take any courses to get entry level jobs.

All companies will pay for your training. Any company that is trying to sell your training will likely be a scam.

I've seen a lot of problems on this forum where it seems like people are trying to take advantage of primarily people from India trying to get into research. Remember that there is a big cultural difference in the way that India and the USA value education. It seems like there are a lot of companies that are trying to convince Indian people that they need to pay for trainIng, certifications or extra degrees to get into an entry level clinical research job. That idea is completely false! Often the main obstacle foreigners face is resistance to hire anyone that needs a Visa and grammatical errors- your qualifications aren't the problem!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Smartyus in Houston, Texas

50 months ago

Phillip, Thanks for your reply. I know that additional masters degree may not be helpful. Can I just utilize my MPH degreee to get into any clinical research job as I would like to concentrate on Epidmeiology ( which is my major) and earn a decent salary. As you have mentioned, it is difficult to get into any kind of the job due to immigration and visa issues. However, I prefer to strenthen my skills to overcome visa problems. Need your guidance to shape my career. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

swetha in Dearborn, Michigan

49 months ago

hie..

I pursued my BPharm in india now got admission into Eastern Michigan University for clinical research administration, MASTERS program....but i defered it as i am not sure of d career in that field...i would like to hear from u guys about wat d job includes...role,job opportunities, salary ...

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Amerlino in Cambridge, Massachusetts

49 months ago

Hello,

I'm looking for a CRC I position in San Francisco. I have a B.S. degree in Biological Sciences and I've had 2.5 years of research/lab experience at Harvard. I'm wondering if would be beneficial to get a clinical research certificate from BC while I'm applying to jobs?

Mary in Saint Petersburg, Florida

49 months ago

I am an RN with my BSN, I have been a CRC for 8 years. I am looking to obtain a position as a CRA, would the MS in clinical research administeration from Walden University, or the MS in Qaulity Assurance in healthcare be beneficial?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mikeal in Des Plaines, Illinois

49 months ago

Hi Mary,

You are more than qualified to become a CRA today- you certainly don't need a Masters degree to get your first CRA job. All the major CROs are hiring like crazy and the RN/BSN combination is highly desired. There is such a need for senior CRAs, the Q, PRA and others are giving out huge signing bonuses, especially for phase 1 and oncology monitors.

Perhaps you might want to consider researching the programs and consider starting one to help in your transition from CRA to manager, but don't enroll until you can get tuition reimbursement- never pay for your own education when your employer will do it for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mary in Saint Petersburg, Florida

49 months ago

Thanks for that Mikeal, I do appreciate it, I will on all of the CRO's web sites and apply.

Shwetha in Overland Park, Kansas

48 months ago

Hi Everyone,

I have completed my MBBS in India. I have worked as a ICU resident for an year and also as drug safety associate and Medical Reveiwer for an year in India.
Here I am with H4 visa.
I am interested in research feild. Can anyone help me in which line should I move?
Should I start up with CRC/CRA or will I get Drug saftey associate job?

Thanks In advance,
Shwetha

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

sruthi in Jersey City, New Jersey

48 months ago

hii i completed my bpharmacy in india.Im interested in doing MS in clinical research.my GRE & TOEFL scores are 850&80respectively.can u plz suggest some of the universities offering clinical research.I want to join in either campbell university or newyork university can u tell the cut off marks for admission into those universities in clinical research.thanks for the advices in advance.and also i ould like to know colleges around jersey newyork..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Nik in Denton, Texas

48 months ago

UNTHSC in Fortworth, Texas..

sruthi in Jersey City, New Jersey

48 months ago

i heard that campbell university do not offer masters in clinical research for international students hether it is correct or not?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

docviveksingh in Charleston, South Carolina

48 months ago

Hi,

I will appreciate if anyone can help me in finding clinical research associate job. I am dental surgeon by profession and did MS in clinical research . Presently working as a clinical data analyst in USA . I have 5 years work experience in hospital and health care (as dentist dealing with patients and surgeries) . Out of 5 , i have 3 years clinical research experience in India. Presently in USA . I was looking for clinical research/trial associate job in usa.

thank you

docviveksingh in Charleston, South Carolina

48 months ago

sruthi in Jersey City, New Jersey said: hii i completed my bpharmacy in india.Im interested in doing MS in clinical research.my GRE & TOEFL scores are 850&80respectively.can u plz suggest some of the universities offering clinical research.I want to join in either campbell university or newyork university can u tell the cut off marks for admission into those universities in clinical research.thanks for the advices in advance.and also i ould like to know colleges around jersey newyork..

GRE cut off is 1100

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

Can anyone give me the list of job recruiters in clinical research feild/pharmacovigilance feild?
It would really help me alot.
Thanks

Martina in Fargo, North Dakota

48 months ago

Shwetha in Overland Park, Kansas said: Can anyone give me the list of job recruiters in clinical research feild/pharmacovigilance feild?
It would really help me alot.
Thanks

Hi Shwetha,
There is no centralized listing of clinical research recruitors. Unfortunately, it's unlikely that someone will provide you with the leads they worked to get. I would suggest doing your own networking and building your recruitment contacts independently.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

Thanks Martina.
I have worked as a Drug safety associate and medical Reviewer back in India.
I need H1 sponsorship and job assistance also. How about consultants who recruit and sponsor visa. Do have any knowledge on that.
I would really appriciate your help.

ngilb in Boynton Beach, Florida

48 months ago

Payal Thakkar in North Brunswick, New Jersey said: I am a Clinical Research Associate within Merck & Co., Inc.. I would like to know if there are any good schools to get my masters in public health/clinical research???

Thanks in advance for your support!!

University if Liverpool has a great online program so you can work and get your degree. Look it up! And its quite reputable.

brijesh98 in Nuneaton, United Kingdom

46 months ago

HI.. I have 7 years of experience as Sr.CRA & LCRA (India & UK).
I am currently looking for H1b sponsorship and Sr.CRA role in USA. Can you help me with this?

APARNA in Alappuzha, India

46 months ago

Hi sir,
I have 6 months experience as a clinical research cocordinator. Now I want to do my Ms in clinical research(1 year) along with a job in singapore/UK. Can any one please guide me...

Northwestern Graduate in Darien, Illinois

45 months ago

Hi I am completing my Masters in clinical Research & Regulatory Administration. I have more then 5 yrs of experience in healthcare field including clinical and non clinical side. I am looking for Junior CRA position or any other clinical Research job in chicago area. my email is badashah02@yahoo.com Thanks in advance

fay in Auckland, New Zealand

45 months ago

Ive completed a BPharm but would love to work in reasearch. What are entry level position titles that would help me get my foot in the door? Im considering completing a postgraduate clinical research masters in nz. Every opening seems to need expeiernce!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rubybarry in Dubai, United Arab Emirates

45 months ago

Hello
i'm really struggling to take a decision for doing Clinical research master!!
i'm working for Pfizer for the past 4 years and i'm thinking of changin my career.
i looked for CRA ceretificates and it's really cheap, but is it really helpfull??? or i should think about master degree in clinical research???
please help me! which is better?

LB

45 months ago

CRA training diplomas are not worth the paper they are printed on. I do not suggest you spend money on any CRA training. If your employer will pay for you to go to training, go for it, but spending your own money is foolish.

A master's in clinical research is not for an entry-level applicant. They are useful when you want to get promoted from a middle-level position into management.

mandm579 in East Brunswick, New Jersey

42 months ago

Payal Thakkar in North Brunswick, New Jersey said: I am a Clinical Research Associate within Merck & Co., Inc.. I would like to know if there are any good schools to get my masters in public health / clinical research ???

NYU college of Dentisry has a program MS program in Clinical Research

susan in Hillsborough, New Jersey

42 months ago

Payal Thakkar in North Brunswick, New Jersey said: I am a Clinical Research Associate within Merck & Co., Inc.. I would like to know if there are any good schools to get my masters in public health / clinical research ???

Hi,
I am currently interviewing with merck rahway for clinical research associate. Could you tell me what your day is like?

susan in Hillsborough, New Jersey

42 months ago

Hi,
I am an RN and thinking of going for a clinical research associate position but not sure exactly what the job is all about. What is a typical day all about? I don't have experience and not sure it would be a great fit for me.

Mather in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

42 months ago

Hi Susan,

The CRA role is about the following things:
1. To ensure the rights, safety and welfare of study participants.
2. Act as the main line of communication from the study site (doctors/research nurses) and the sponsor (pharma company)
3. Ensuring the protocol is conducted appropriately and the data is accurate

There is no typical day and no set schedule. What you can count on is that every day will be different... A new city, a new doctor/nurses to work with, different challenges and everything that an airline can throw at you as a frequent business traveler.

The CRA role requires 60-80% travel. This means that you will get on an airplane on Monday and you won't be home until Thursday. Often new CRAs are not mentally prepared for being in a strange city every week, ALONE. You have to be okay with working independently and eating a lot of dinners by yourself if you are a CRA- a lot of people can't handle the time away from home. There are a lot of mornings where you have to be at the airport at 3am and sometimes flight delays make it so you won't get home until 1am- that's just the nature of being in planes every week.

I would suggest joining a professional organization like ACRP and get to know CRAs. Also, consider getting a job as a CRC (that's typically where you start out before you can get a CRA job). That will give you a good introduction into the industry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

TJ123 in California

42 months ago

Mather, in regards to your post..should I stick it out as a CRC rather than look for clinical trial assistant positions at CROs? I feel like going from a CRC --> CTA --> CRA would be backtracking. Having multiple years at a great cancer center (currently), making CRA connections, eventually becoming SOCRA or ACRP certified would be more beneficial than going into a CTA role. I understand it could be easier moving up into the CRA role if I were to work with a CRO, as it’s an internal move..I just don’t know. I guess the fact that I recently got the reject letter from a CRO makes me frustrated I am making the wrong career moves.

Venting,
TJ

drroopsgowda in Bangalore, India

39 months ago

i am an Indian and an experienced dental surgeon in Bangalore and i finished my PG in clinical research and i'm looking for a job in Australia or Dubai...i want a trusted consultancy services or agencies to help me out...please can anyone guide or help me...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Poonam in Delhi, India

38 months ago

Can anybody throw some light on h1b sponsorship provided by qtech solutions? I would greatly appreciate your comments.

Thanks in advance

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

PJ in Bronx, New York

38 months ago

I don't know anything about qtech, but be very cautious- there are a lot of scams out there that target people who need visas. Remember in the USA, you are never required to pay for "training" courses to be employed, you never have to pay any money to get a job and recruiters get paid by the company (not by the job seeker).

srava in Cupertino, California

38 months ago

Poonam in Delhi, India said: Can anybody throw some light on h1b sponsorship provided by qtech solutions? I would greatly appreciate your comments.

Thanks in advance

Hi Poonam,
I was recently contact by Q-tech, they have called me after seeing my resume, I did my B.pharmacy in india and Masters in Pharmaceutical Analysis in England and i have 1 year experience as a quality assurance officer in England, i moved to US recently after getting married as currently i am on H4 visa.
Today they called me and offered me drug safety associate programme, and they mentioned that i would be a desirable candidate for H1b sponsorship and if i am willing to do a course in their institution they said hey gonna take care of my sponsorship visa and all. But i didnt make a decision yet....dont know whether to trust these people.so i am planning to go to their office and speak about this

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

Srava,

Seems like a huge tip-off you've encountered a classic scam. NO job ANYWHERE in the USA requires you to take their course before giving a visa or a job. With your qualifications, you don't need a course, if they were serious, they would just hire you right off the street and wouldn't be asking for any money.

priyanka in Singapore, Singapore

37 months ago

Hi,
I am a doctor from India (M.B.B.S) and i have just shifted to Singapore with my husband .I want to know whether i need to do any certificate course for becoming a CRC in Singapore or will any company hire me without that.PL s advice as i am a fresher in this clinical research field..

drkrishna in Newark, New Jersey

36 months ago

Hello, I did MBBS in india and doing MS in clinical and translational research in a good university in NJ, I am working as a research intern in a research lab, I want to know how can I get my resume ready to start a job as CRA soon after finishing the program and I want to know the pay scale with this background.

Priya ogirala in Jersey City, New Jersey

35 months ago

Hi everyone,
Am Priya from Newjersey,i am looking for a job in cdm.I have 2yrs of work experience from India.Everyday am applying for the jobs,but not getting a single call,everyone needs work experience in US.Q-tech solutions called me to help in giving training,providing experience in US etc.Can anybody help share their experiences to trust such consultancies or not?

Priya ogirala in Jersey City, New Jersey

35 months ago

srava in Cupertino, California said: Hi Poonam,
I was recently contact by Q-tech, they have called me after seeing my resume, I did my B.pharmacy in india and Masters in Pharmaceutical Analysis in England and i have 1 year experience as a quality assurance officer in England, i moved to US recently after getting married as currently i am on H4 visa.
Today they called me and offered me drug safety associate programme, and they mentioned that i would be a desirable candidate for H1b sponsorship and if i am willing to do a course in their institution they said hey gonna take care of my sponsorship visa and all. But i didnt make a decision yet....dont know whether to trust these people.so i am planning to go to their office and speak about this

Hi Srava,
Did you visit the q-tech solutions.Are they are reliable.

srava in Cupertino, California

35 months ago

Priya ogirala in Jersey City, New Jersey said: Hi Srava,
Did you visit the q-tech solutions.Are they are reliable.

Hi Priya,
I live in california even i got a first call from them(q-tech) before 3months and they kept calling me continuously. Initially i didn't trust them but after speaking to their manager and visa filing executive i started trusting them and thought of registering for their course and they said their policy for H1 visa filing in which i found out that i have to relocate if they find me a job out side california, apparently i cant as my husband works here. so i rejected their offer.
I think its ok to give a try if you fail you will just loose 2000$ which is far better than sitting at home(pathetic H4 holders job) which i am doing now.
I never visted their office

Priya in Singapore, Singapore

35 months ago

Hi,
I am BHMS graduate(Bachelor in Homeopathic medicine and Surgery) from India and also i have completed my Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Research. I have 1 year experience in Clinical Research as Clinical Trial Associate. I want to inquire that am i eligible for Studying MS in Clinical Research from reputed university in USA. Will that degree help me in getting a job in USA.I am presently located in India.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks & Regards,
Priya

soontobern in RICHMOND, California

34 months ago

Hi All,

anyone have any tips on finding a job in pharma/CRO with BS-BIOLOGY and BSN or anyone looking to hire. Graduating in SEPTEMBER with BSN and would directly like for work for pharma/CRO as research associate etc. One year administration experience in research for pharma.

Any tips appreciated it. location SF.

Thanks

Rashmi in Bangalore, India

34 months ago

Hi all

I have done masters in biotechnology two years ago. Right now I am thinking is studying further, since I am interested in clinical research, I am planning to do masters in clinical research in USA and so I have enrolled for GRE training. But now I am confused whether to take up clinical research or not.

Please suggest me regarding the. Please tell me whether clinical research has future or not. Regarding job opportunities n salary.

Cary in Cary, North Carolina

34 months ago

Hi Rashmi,

What position in the field of clinical research as you interested in specifically?

I ask that because this is the CRA forum and a Master's in Biotechnology doesn't really match up with the CRC/CRA career. Starting on this new career path, especially deciding to try a completely new career path in a completely new country seems like starting over in so many different ways. It will be a very tough journey.

Unfortunately a Master's in Clinical Research in the USA doesn't really get you anywhere. US employers do not value degrees or education- their number one criteria for clinical research job candidates is work experience in the field, not a degree. This will leave you at a huge disadvantage, here's what your situation will look like:
-Thousands in student loans from your second, mostly useless master's degree
-No work experience in clinical research
-You will be seen as a less-appealing candidate because you will require a work visa
-You won't be able to find a job because you don't have any work experience because you've been in school instead of working in the field.

Completing education in the USA will not gaurantee you a job.

Instead of looking at education first, I suggest working in India for at least 1 year in the field before going back for your second Master's degree.

34 months ago

Instead of moving half way across the world and spending $25,000 on a potentially useless degree, why don't you try working in the field for a year first just to see if you like it or not?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.