Medical school withdrawl with a good background in medical research need help finding job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Viet Bui in Orlando, Florida

16 months ago

Hi, I am recently withdrew from medical school and would like to find a job in medical or clinical research but don't know what job I really fit for or which job would need my credentials. Please give me some advices.

I have a bachelor in Biomedical-sciences,Psychology,a minor in biophysics, and a master in medical science focus on Aging and Neurosciences. Three years of research experience working in a cognitive/behavior animal lab. 1.5 year working in stem cell lab. I also have 3 years of medical and clinical knowledge from my medical school. I have all these degrees and knowledge but don't know who would like to use someone with my background. I would love to work in a clinical or translational research but don't know if I am qualify for it. Thank you for your help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mather in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

15 months ago

You are more than qualified- just use your contacts from medical school and undergrad to find work in clinical or translational research. You have the degrees and the experience - you just have to put some feet on the ground and work those contacts, take a few people out to lunch and put the effort in.

A lot of new grads think sitting behind a computer screen and applying for jobs will work; however, it doesn't work that way. You have to get out there.

I also noticed that your grammar and writing is not up to par. If you will need a visa, that will be your biggest challenge. Flawless English language skills are a necessity to working in research (so many reports, papers, documentation), so practicing your writing skills is a must.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

viet bui in Orlando, Florida

15 months ago

Thank you for your advices and insights. Whithout your insights I was about to think that all those years of my studying might have been wasted. I do know that grammar has been my weakness. After all these years focus on sciences and medicine, I didn't save much of my time to really studying it. Now I know it's as crucial as any of those credencials. I am studying it now while applying for a job. There is an institution locates right in my hometown that has several positions that I really think that I am well qualified for them. However, after several attends of applying for them not a single interview was setup. If you are in my position, and you still want to work for this company what would be your next approach? Thank you for your help and I am really appriciate your comments.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jk in Houston, Texas

15 months ago

Email me, there are a lot of things you can do

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Viet Bui in Orlando, Florida

15 months ago

My email is viethbui@gmail.com, if you could send me some wonderful tips that would be great. Thanks Jk.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.