New to Clinical Research

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

quay18 in Conyers, Georgia

40 months ago

I have a Bachelor's degree in Chemistry and have worked as a lab technician. I have not worked in the science industry since 2003 and have been trying to get back in ever since. I want to learn to be a clinical research associate. How do I get an entry level position with no experience?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Calamanzoo in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

40 months ago

This question comes up so many times: "How do I get a CRA job without any experience?"

The answer is simple: You do not.

Someone who has no experience with human clinical trials has NO place being a clinical research associate. If the work experience isn't there, the person is simply not qualified for the job. In order to get a CRA job, your first step is to get a job as an intern in research, a Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC), a data manager, a project assistant or clinical trial assistant (CTA). All the degrees and all the training programs will not qualify someone to work in the USA as a clinical research associate- education walks and experience talks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

quay18 in Conyers, Georgia

40 months ago

My friend who is an experienced CRA tells me different. I think I will listen to to him. You didn't have to be rude, all you had to say was try doing some of these other positions first.

Calamanzoo in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: This question comes up so many times: "How do I get a CRA job without any experience?"

The answer is simple: You do not.

Someone who has no experience with human clinical trials has NO place being a clinical research associate. If the work experience isn't there, the person is simply not qualified for the job. In order to get a CRA job, your first step is to get a job as an intern in research, a Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC), a data manager, a project assistant or clinical trial assistant (CTA). All the degrees and all the training programs will not qualify someone to work in the USA as a clinical research associate- education walks and experience talks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.