Qualifications to be a CRA in UK/US

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Kala Iyer in Bombay, India

82 months ago

Can anyone guide me on the educational qualifications required to pursue a career in clinical trials feld in the UK and US.I have a bachelors degree in Microbiology,a diploma in lab tech,a PG diploma in clinical trial management.Experience of 14 years in the microbiology department of a reputed hospital in Mumbai and 3 years experience of monitoring of trials as a CRA.Kindly advise.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Robert in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

82 months ago

You already have everything you need- a bachelor's degree and 2+ years monitoring experience is all you need to get a CRA job in the US at a CRO. Usually the sponsor companies and contract work require at least 5 years experience monitoring as well as extensive knowledge of the therapeutic area. The grammar/sentence structure in your post could be better, flawless communication and writing skills are also necessary for the position.

Unfortunately, you are also going to need a job opening. Layoffs have been massive and there are people out there with 10 years experience fighting for a job. There's a lot of tough competition out there which make things very difficult for those with minimal experience.

Best of luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.