Seeking CRA position after 5 years away from the industry.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Jen in Canoga Park, California

61 months ago

I am an RN, BSN with over 6 years of research experience as a CRA and 5 years experience as a nurse. I left my most recent CRA position in 2005 to raise my son. I am currently looking to get back in the pharmaceutical industry as a CRA II (seeking a home-based regional position in either MI or CA). I've interviewed with a major CRO and did not receive an offer. Does anyone have any advice for someone reentering the CRA job market? I know my experience is strong but am having doubts since it's been such a long time since I've been in the workplace. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

mike in East Brunswick, New Jersey

61 months ago

Hi jen... we currently are seeking exper CRA for a CA position. You can contact us at www.thgstaffing.com there is a contact page there or our number... good luck...

Jen in West Hills, California

61 months ago

Hi Mike,
Thank you for your response. Although I have experience in all phases of clinical trials and multiple therapeutic areas, I do not have oncology experience. Is this the job posting you are referring to? However, I'm always up for a challenge and would love to participate in monitoring an oncology study. Would a candidate without oncology experience be considered?

Jen

mike in East Brunswick, New Jersey

61 months ago

This particular client needs the oncology experience. We are always working on obtaining openings in other areas however, if you want, you can send us your resume and we can keep an eye out for something. We never charge any fees and keep all information confidential. I wish you the best of luck, from what we have been hearing from our clients things are picking up again, so I think your timing is right....

Jen in Atlanta, Georgia

61 months ago

That's good news and I appreciate the feedback. I'll definitely send you my resume. Please let me know if something comes up that looks like a good fit for my experience. I also plan to take the ACRP CRA certification exam in September to reinstate my certification. I'm hoping that passing the exam will help companies and recruiters trust that I can come in and hit the ground running even though I've been away from the industry.
Thanks so much again and please keep in touch!
Jennifer

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.