Strategies to follow in my transition from CRC to CRA?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Kidness in Montreal, Quebec

58 months ago

Presentation:
 I have 5 years/experience/epidemiological research/as CRC.
 Combined with a Graduate diploma in clinical research and a M. Sc.
 I worked with different PIs : respiratory diseases, cancer, chronic diseases.
 I recruited adult and child patients
 But I was never involved in Sponsored Studies

Carrere transition: Why?
 I like and I love my CRC position and task but:
 No fund = no contract renewed
 All the time the skeletal team is already in place and I’m only there for a defined time and a defined study.
 Each 1 ½ to 2 yrs I have to look for another contract, even if I’m not self employed!
 And I’m not very well paid; people with less diplomas and experience are paid same or more!
 For an ambitious person CRC have no challenge to grow if I want to progress I have to be the PI!!!! Rarely are the position of studies manager in the Site work envirement.

Carrere transition: How/obstacles?
 I’m applying into the hided and unhidden job market/CRO and pharmaceutical companies
 My c.v. and my presentation letter are up to date and succeed to pass my candidacy to call interviews…
 But!!!! I never got the jog? Reason: you have an impressive background but we choose to consider other candidate!!!!!! You have an impressive background but we choose to consider other candidate WITH phase I experience!!!!!!

Solutions/questions?
Where are my mistakes?
Are really my master degree and my DESS the problem?
If I’m self employed and I will offer my services = I will be hired?
I’m trying to have a network at linkedin but I do not know if it’s really works?

Please I need your help?

Thank you in advance

Kidness

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Robert in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

58 months ago

quite simply, it's the market.

with the economy going down, sponsor companies can't get capital, no capital, no studies... no studies means less CRAs are needed and there has been huge layoffs everywhere. your credentials are impressive, but you are going up against CRAs with 5 years monitoring experience. if you were an employer, what would use choose- the candidate with 5 years CRA exp. or the CRC with no monitoring experience?

i noted many typos/grammatical errors in your question- make sure your CV and letter have been proofread by a professional.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kidness in Montreal, Quebec

58 months ago

Robert in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: quite simply, it's the market.

with the economy going down, sponsor companies can't get capital, no capital, no studies... no studies means less CRAs are needed and there has been huge layoffs everywhere. your credentials are impressive, but you are going up against CRAs with 5 years monitoring experience. if you were an employer, what would use choose- the candidate with 5 years CRA exp. or the CRC with no monitoring experience?

i noted many typos/grammatical errors in your question- make sure your CV and letter have been proofread by a professional.

First of all I apologize for my spelling/grammatical errors (It was about 3-4 am when I wrote this topic). And, I really appreciate your comments and advices: THANK YOU.

You confirmed some information that I had/recession and the pool of experienced CRAs in the Job Market available for the next start up of the Pharmaceutical Industry/recession.

This is why I was asking my questions about what kind of strategies should I follow? May be should I wait and choose another moment to have my step on this Industry?

And if I wait, I will continue to work as a CRC: what can I do to be suitable as a CRA candidate? I can’t even be certified and take courses as CRA (SoCRA and ACRP) because I do not have previous experience as a CRA?

Correct me please if it is not true!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.