Will getting bsn/rn help me to become a cra?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

labrat in Sewell, New Jersey

49 months ago

Hello everyone. I am really interested in clinical research, more specifically becoming a CRA. I currently work in a lab at a pharmaceutical company and have a MS in Clinical Research(no there are no clinical openings - company is downsizing and relocating). I am considering nursing school. Do you think I could get a position without the RN license or will the license make it easier to land a job??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

MKORI in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

46 months ago

As someone who interviews CRA, I would prefer a new CRA that have a RN, BSN over someone with a MS.

It's easier to teach clinical research basics than to teach how to find detail in the medical records and understand the physiological details and clues they uncover may mean. Nurses typically know how to handle the doctors better too.

But, since you already have the Master's degree, I wouldn't go back for more. I think with the right combination of experience, networking, a perfectly worded resume and luck, you should be fine.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

vcm in Los Angeles, California

29 months ago

Regarding CRA interviews, do you find that regulatory coordinators/IRB coordinators can transition into CRAs as strong applicants?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.