academia to industry

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

anon in San Francisco, California

5 months ago

Hi,

I've been a clinical research coordinator for over 4 years at an academic institution. I was contacted by a recruiter about a senior clinical research assistant position at a pharmaceutical company. I'm wondering if anyone has advice to what level position I should be looking for to make the switch to industry. From the job description, I feel like I am currently doing much more in CRC position. However, should I expect to take a step back in order to transition to industry?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

SDV-er in Chicago, Illinois

4 months ago

This is a stepping stone to the CRA position. Do you want to be a CRA in a year or two?

anon in San Francisco, California

4 months ago

My long term plan is to go the Clinical Trial Management route, so I think CRA is the way to begin. I'm wondering if I should be looking at a CRA position now instead of a Sr. Clinical Research Assistant position. In my current position, I manage and coordinate a multi-site trial along with managing several other non-trial studies and projects.

SDV-er in Chicago, Illinois

4 months ago

Yes, if you want to be a clinical trial manager, you will need to do 5-10 years in the CRA position first.

Of course, you can try to get a CRA job now- but be advised that getting your first CRA job is not easy. I would strongly suggest applying- but you could apply for a hundred CRA I jobs over the next year and could very well end up not even getting a single call back. This job is the ticket in.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.