what are the chances i can get a working visa if I apply as CRA in the US or Canada?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

Manuel in Dagupan City, Philippines

44 months ago

I graduated BS Biology and General Practioner in industrial setting, but i want to try working as CRA either in US or canada because of salary but i have few questions
Can please or anyone have experience working in US or Canada as CRA and granted a working visa? nor sponsorship working visas?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kman in Wilmington, North Carolina

44 months ago

How many years experience do you have as a CRA?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Kman in Wilmington, North Carolina

44 months ago

How many years experience do you have as a CRA?
In clinical research?

Anna

35 months ago

my question ia the same, as Manuel's, and I've got 1 year as CRA and 1.5 as CR coordinator.

ledic apt in Ocean Springs, Mississippi

35 months ago

no education or high education...now it jobless AROUND ????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Gaurav in London, United Kingdom

35 months ago

Anna said: my question ia the same, as Manuel's, and I've got 1 year as CRA and 1.5 as CR coordinator.

Hi Anna you may need to have two years working visa to us or canada from your company the reason is if you will apply without visa most of the companies may reject you on visa basis only, preferably 2 years exp. is safe to enter states but you could even try ur luck with a year exp. as cra. In case of more info. you may reach me at gaurav.c.sahni@gmail.com

I have been working in a global lead cro and have my plans to relocate to canad/us. i got my homework done almost. :-)

Jenina in Las PiƱas, Philippines

33 months ago

Hi,

Are there companies in the US or Canada offering job positions for CRAs outside their countries? I am a CRA here in the Philippines working for a pharmaceutical country for a year now. Is there any chance I can be hired in these countries? Thanks!

Paolo in Quezon City, Philippines

33 months ago

Jenina in Las Piñas, Philippines said: Hi,

Are there companies in the US or Canada offering job positions for CRAs outside their countries? I am a CRA here in the Philippines working for a pharmaceutical country for a year now. Is there any chance I can be hired in these countries? Thanks!

I just would like to ask, i am a fresh graduate of pharmacy here in the PH and is interested in working as a CRA. any advice where do i start? do i need any training outside before a company hires me?

purplesatellite in Manila, Philippines

32 months ago

hi everyone, i'm also looking into a career as a CRA. i have a bachelor's degree in nursing with 2.5 years of experience in the hospital. now im looking forward to moving into a more corporate/industrial work setting.

for those working in the field, can u tell more about your average work day? how do you like the job?

thanks in advance!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Karl in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

32 months ago

The life of a CRA:

Sunday:Take 2 hours to print out spreadsheets and your boarding passes.

Monday: Get up at 3am in order to make your flight at 6am to Indianapolis, IL. Luckily, everything is on time, so you get your rental car and drive to a doctor's office. You are led to a small monitoring room where you monitor 5 patient charts. You had some trail mix in your bag, so you had that for lunch. Then, at 5pm, you are off for the day so you eat dinner alone at casual dining restaurant before going to your hotel.

Tuesday: You wake up and go back to the site at 7am. The monitor that had the site before you didn't return IP regularly, so you had to count 90 bottles worth of pills and shipped them back to the sponsor. At lunch time, you meet with the PI while she's eating food a pharma rep brought in. You tell him about her patients, describe each protocol deviation and keep her updated about the study. Thankfully, you were offered a leftover sandwich. You do a few more hours worth of monitoring the regulatory files. Then, you are just in time for your 6pm fight, but the plane is delayed. You miss your connection through Chicago, so you don't get into Rapid City, SD until 1am. It's a half hour drive to your hotel.

Wednesday: You go to your doctor's office in Rapid City, SD at 8am and monitor all day. The study nurses aren't keeping up with their data entry so you have to have a tough conversation with the PI and nurses about the importance of data entry. You also found that a serious adverse event wasn't reported in the timely manner, so you have a lot of retraining to do. Tensions are a little high between you and the staff. Then, it's back to the hotel.

Thursday: You fly home from Rapid City and get home around 3pm. You spend most of your time on the plane writing up reports and you made 8 calls to your sites to remind them about outstanding data queries.

Friday: You are in your home office doing trip reports, expense reports and meetings

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

kim lamson in iloilo, Philippines

32 months ago

Hi,

I'm a CRA here in the philippines and currently assigned as Regional Research Associate in Visayas region. i have almost 2 years experience as CRaA in one of the pharmaceutical companies here. I would like also to ask on how to apply for an abroad job as CRA since most of the countries are needing visa in order to work abroad and be hired by CROs.
Many thanks

purplesatellite in Makati, Philippines

31 months ago

Jenina in Las Piñas, Philippines said: Hi,

Hi Jenina, I was wondering which company you work for? Is it possible to get a job as CRA with a degree/experience in nursing? I'd really like to try this out but I'm not sure if my current qualifications are enough. What do they usually look for? For other CRAs out there, hope you can share your experiences, it'll help a lot!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.