How did you become a CRA?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Beck in Kingston, Pennsylvania

12 months ago

I'm currently in high school, planning for college and I want to become a CRA, so I'm wondering what major your chose to become a CRA? Should I get a masters degree or will just a bachelors be okay and in what? And after college, how did you go about getting your first job? Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Sweet Tea in Atlanta, Georgia

12 months ago

Any major in Life Sciences should be good, although there are a few schools that do have Bachelor of Clinical Research Programs.

During your junior and senior year is college, get an internship at one of the big CROs, then get hired as a CTA, then get promoted into the CRA role.

You could also do nursing, work as an RN/ research nurse for a few years, then go into being a CRA.

You will not need to worry about a Master's degree until you are in the CRA role. It won't be useful until you want to move up above being a CRA. It may actually hurt you as you look for your first CRA job as it makes you look overqualified.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Beck in Kingston, Pennsylvania

12 months ago

Thank you so much! But what is a CTA? And is it hard to get an internship at a CRO?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

TJ123 in NorCal, California

12 months ago

CTA: Clinical Trial Assistant

I am a CRC (Clinical Research Coordinator) at a local research center. That is also a good place to start and network as you will be interacting with CRAs almost everyday.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sara

10 months ago

Hi am a CRA I have blog where I talk about some of the basics of being a CRA check it out beginnercra.wordpress.com/. I plan on including some hands on stuff how to get started the right things to say on an interview. I also offer coaching so if you are interested please check it out at beginnercra.wordpress.com/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.