How to get CRA certificate?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 128)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

VAW in Houston, Texas

74 months ago

suvarna in Union, New Jersey said: HI,
I can understand your position because I am also in search of a company to sponsor me with H1 visa which is the work permit you need to be able to work in the USA. I have heard from my friends that american scitech research institute is so far the best to go with as it not only offers you with training, but will also gives you the internship required to get expirence in this field to explore jobs in the market. they also sponsor H1 visa and also have placement guarantees. the fees is a bit high but i guess that is the price you need to pay to be in a good position afterwards and so it is worth it.

I hope you all the best in the search.

Hi can you provide me more details about this Institute? Do you know anyone who has attended training at this Institute and got H1B sponsorship? Please let me know. Your help will be appreciated.

One more thing, have you ever heard about CRA institute which also provides such traing. I am planning to take online course there. but before that needs suggestions.

My email id is vandana.wanjari@gmail.com
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ragi in Bangalore, India

73 months ago

I have completed Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Research,
I am familiar with ICH GCP guidelines and regulatory affairs.
I have one year of working experience as clinical research
coordinator, NOW I AM LOOKING FOR H1B SPONSOR VISA or any kind of WORK PERMIT OR VISA.

ragi in Bangalore, India

73 months ago

I have completed Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Research,
coordinator, NOW I AM LOOKING FOR H1B SPONSOR VISA or any kind of WORK PERMIT OR VISA.

Kanna in United Kingdom

73 months ago

ragi in Bangalore, India said: I have completed Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Research,

There are a lot of as***ls around in US pretending as training schools. During this recession hit time they make money by promising lacurative careers for you. Be careful

kunal_shah2411@yahoo.com in Bronx, New York

73 months ago

Matt in Vienna, Virginia said: Unfortunately I can only consider US citizens for this position because it is going to deal with government contracts. However, if you are interested, I encourage you to send me your resume for consideration of other CRA positions that I may come across. Thanks for the great feedback!

Hey Matt,

Can I have you email Id please so that I can send my updtaed CV , I do have experiance as a coordinator and having MS in Pharmacology.so If you can help me out.

Thanks

Nilu in Milton Keynes, United Kingdom

73 months ago

Hello mates

I have a masters in Biotech, and am based in UK and am allowed to work here. Could you please suggest what do i need to do to get a CRA job...as i am a fresher.

I found a CRA online training institute www.crtionline.com/ would it help my chances anyway?

Many thanks,
Nilu

VAW in Houston, Texas

73 months ago

Hi I just can not answer all your questions.
But I will suggest you to read all the posts about the online courses.
That will definitely give you an idea.

Srinivas in Bombay, India

73 months ago

Better gain some exp and then search job in CR, until and unles u have exp, it is very difficult to get job in UK. R u a HSMP holder or PSW holder?

Darshan in New York, New York

73 months ago

Dont be impressed by these IT people promising you jobs. They will take your resume and will design the resume of their own people. If any one that has gotten a job from Qtech???? They are IT people without any knowledge in clinical research. Just a way to make money. If there is anyone that i can meet who has gotten the job from qtech ... sancheeta... they're frauds. They have no affiliation with any pharma companies or Cro
BE AWARE. THEY WILL TAKE YOUR TIME AND YOUR MONEY.

Darshan in New York, New York

73 months ago

online course will not teach you anything and will be left twiddling your thumbs in the interview, if you're lucky to get so far.

nilu in Milton Keynes, United Kingdom

73 months ago

Srinivas in Bombay, India said: Better gain some exp and then search job in CR, until and unles u have exp, it is very difficult to get job in UK. R u a HSMP holder or PSW holder?

Thnx...I am a Work Permit dependant.

The problem remains how to get any relevant experience? I could see atleast some traction for US guys...but UK seems to be completely blank.

One more thing i came across is that ICR has started elearning courses sort of 65 GBP a module and there are 10 such. But again as someone said...not sure how all these online courses will be of help!!

Srinivas in Bombay, India

73 months ago

ICRI offer a course on Clinical research but we cant believe their promises on job gurantee. Even I was in UK , trying for job til march finaly i planned to arive India to gain exp. in clinical research. I suggest u that come to India get fresher level exp., and again go to UK for jobs. Make sure that wat sort of exps does UK companies look for: UK exp or international exp, because the regulations differs in different country

Kamal in United Kingdom

73 months ago

Due to global economic downturn every where same story. Some colleges are experiencing up to 65% more applications for various courses due to higher rate of unemployment. No matter you are in UK, USA or India finding your first job is the key to success. With out any experience,finding a CRA job can only be a dream. In reality you have to start as an Clinical Research Assistant or coordinator perhaps. Even these entry level positions are quite difficult to find these days. The worst affected lot are H1s in US and HSMPs in UK. Hope this is only temporary!

Simran in Coventry, United Kingdom

72 months ago

I came across a company for CRA related training from UK. Their website is www.clinvent.com. They are starting a new summer batch soon.

Zoya in Delhi, India

72 months ago

xyz in Albany, New York said: hi,
I AM DENTIST BY PROFESSION.I HAVE COMPLETED CRA TRAINING FROM INDIA AND I WAS WORKING AS PROTOCOL WRITER IN CRO.NOW I AM ON H4 VISA.I AM INTERESTED TO CONTINUE IN USA IN CLINICAL RESEARCH FIELD.HOW CAN I GO ABOUT THIS.WHAT TYPE OF VISA DO I REQUIRE TO WORK AS CRA/CRC/CLINICAL DATA MANAGEMENT/MEDICAL WRITER?
COULD U PLEASE HELP ME ABOUT THIS

Hi I am too a dentist and planning to do a course in Clinical research in India. Will this help me in getting a job In USA.
Thank you

Zoya in Delhi, India

72 months ago

Srinivas in Bombay, India said: ICRI offer a course on Clinical research but we cant believe their promises on job gurantee. Even I was in UK , trying for job til march finaly i planned to arive India to gain exp. in clinical research. I suggest u that come to India get fresher level exp., and again go to UK for jobs. Make sure that wat sort of exps does UK companies look for: UK exp or international exp, because the regulations differs in different country

HI I am also back from USA and planning to do a Clinical research course in Delhi india can u suggest me college.
Thank you

Slic in Stockton, California

68 months ago

I would like to know if you continued with the training with CRA institute. I was about to register when I found forums with regard to the CRC research center and CRA Institute which discusses its scam. I was hoping if I could get your input on this.

A promising career with a partial scholarship is just true goood to be true

Thanks!

VAW in Houston, Texas said: Hi can you provide me more details about this Institute? Do you know anyone who has attended training at this Institute and got H1B sponsorship? Please let me know. Your help will be appreciated.

One more thing, have you ever heard about CRA institute which also provides such traing. I am planning to take online course there. but before that needs suggestions.
Thanks

EBG in Junction City, Kansas

68 months ago

To all,
please be aware about American Scitech,it will be your nightmare.
American Scitech discriminate on race and professional attitudes.They do not select candidates according scientific and professional experiences but instead they take in whoever pays for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Slic in Stockton, California

67 months ago

Slic in Stockton, California said: I would like to know if you continued with the training with CRA institute. I was about to register when I found forums with regard to the CRC research center and CRA Institute which discusses its scam. I was hoping if I could get your input on this.

A promising career with a partial scholarship is just true goood to be true

Thanks!

I would suggest that you do not proceed with your training with CRA Institute. They almost had me register for the course outlined, good thing I chanced upon a forum that led me to decide not to pursue the training online. Sad to say it is a scam, the reason being is that based on what I have learned even if you have completed the course you will still not be able to get a job as a clinical research associate, this is primarily due to an employers requirement that an applicant must have a hands on experience. That being said, i doubt that anyone has been assisted to work as such title after completing the certification in this institute.

Check out this site so that you can read more of the forums about clinical research and CRA Institute www.indeed.com/forum/job/clinical-research-associate/Does-anybody-know-about-campden-research-CRA-training/t52530

Be careful and good luck! hope that my response helped you in some way.

Rachel in Columbia, Tennessee

67 months ago

WTF. Seriously. I've been a CRA with a leading CRO for over 5 years. I work in the US but I am looking to work in Canada. I love how even with 5+ years of monitoring experience, I get told by "recruiters" that I need additional training or my certification, which of course comes at a price. What crap. I'm all for additional training, but I think this whole certification business is a scam. It might be good for an entry level individual with no knowledge of what a CRA does or of ICH GCPs, etc but for experienced monitors it seems like a waste of time.

sheetal in Braintree, Massachusetts

67 months ago

Komal in Vernon Hills, Illinois said: Hey Sheetal

I am Komal from Chicago IL.I am a clinical data professional looking for jobs but do you know whether we can get H1 as I am slo on H4.Do you have any contacts of Recruiters?

sorry Komal i don't have any contact with any recuiter. When i talked to thmem they said they need only US citizen/green card holder. I still looking for the job. Did you got any opportunituy

sheetal in Braintree, Massachusetts

67 months ago

Rachel in Columbia, Tennessee said: WTF. Seriously. I've been a CRA with a leading CRO for over 5 years. I work in the US but I am looking to work in Canada. I love how even with 5+ years of monitoring experience, I get told by "recruiters" that I need additional training or my certification, which of course comes at a price. What crap. I'm all for additional training, but I think this whole certification business is a scam. It might be good for an entry level individual with no knowledge of what a CRA does or of ICH GCPs, etc but for experienced monitors it seems like a waste of time.

I agree with you Rachel,same thing happens to me also i have experience but i am not US citizen.The recruiters are not interested to look on my resume.

Rajeev K V in Auckland, New Zealand

66 months ago

Hi,
Iam a experienced person in the field of Clinical research (CRA).I currently moved to Auckland with a work visa and my wife is working here. Can anyone help me to get a job in Auckland in the same field or kindly suggest me whom i should contact for this,as am new to the country.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Naren in Madras, India

63 months ago

hey dont come into clinical research field because you are a IT student, you have lots of opportunities in IT whereas in clinical research open the door only for Doctors and pharmacology student. So better dont come in wrong way, be in ur field.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Elizabeth in Somerville, New Jersey

63 months ago

Zoya in Delhi, India said: HI I am also back from USA and planning to do a Clinical research course in Delhi india can u suggest me college.
Thank you

Hi,there is a course that I plan to take given by Synergy Clinical Associates that costs less thana thousand dollars, I just registered and I got a discount. I liked this class because they have job recruiters that come to theclass and meet you and help you with your job search the link is cra-synergy.com they are really nice and helpful, at least I thought so. Hope this helps!

63 months ago

I calledyou and you offer a paid intership that is false. You do not guarentee any job and with the rates you are charging anyone would be wasting their money to take this course

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

Zoya in Delhi, India said: HI I am also back from USA and planning to do a Clinical research course in Delhi india can u suggest me college.
Thank you

This company advertizes a paid internship and you get NOTHING for your money BIG SCAM

Nasrat in London, United Kingdom

63 months ago

Please note that American Institute of Technology is a fake institute. Even a child can easily guess about their worthiness. Don't be fooled.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

AIT in South Plainfield, New Jersey

63 months ago

Looks like lots of people making COMMENTS with having no knowledge on any authentic training program or institute or college. One suggestion to everyone, the best way to find out whether the training program or institute is a spam or not. ALWAYS FIND OUT IN THE STATE WEBSITE ABOUT ANY APPROVED PROGRAM. For NJ state: you can visit: www.njtrainingsources.org ...this is where you can find AIT as one of the approved institutes and so there programs like many other.
For any clinical research training programs or healthcare programs: One should never go and take the training where any small company provides the certificate training. Because that certificate does not hold the value if its not from the state approved school and state approved program.
Good luck to everyone in making right decisions for your career!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

someone in South Plainfield, New Jersey

63 months ago

cra-synergy.com? Something very new in the NJ clinical research training market. I hope you are not really attracted to do the training just because of the less price. How old is the company? How many companies connections they have?
Do they have state approved or nationally approved training program? Where is it located? Can you please share your experience as it looks something too nice to believe that recruiters are coming in the training class to talk with students!

utkarsh in Lucknow, India

63 months ago

hey sheetal
hope u doin great,i need ur favor if u do please help me out.I had done B.pharm in 2009. i comes to know that there is job like clinical research associate or clinical data management.tell me future growth prospects if i do indulge into it.How far salary gona reach if i consist into this field.Should i need to do any certification course related to clinical research field and M.B.A, for future growth prospects.and please let me get the link through which i can get the job in software company that work as an C.R.O

i'll be very thankful to u
thankx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nacho Libre in Great Neck, New York

63 months ago

Hi Guys:
Does anyone out there know the BEST programs in the countries for becoming a CRA? I hear a lot of talk about programs that are scams but what about the ones that are reputable.

Also, is there a book or online publicaiton which would discuss the CRA industry and titles, players and roles involved. Before I make a career switch I want to see precisely what this is going to involve.

Thanks
Nacho

Justin in Great Neck, New York

63 months ago

Why does it seem that most responders here are from India? Is CRA for Americans? Now I can see why it is getting so hard for people to find jobs in America.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Daniel in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

63 months ago

You don't have to be a racist dude, no on is stopping Americans from going to school. We cant do much if all our kids want to play the Guitar Hero all the time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Justin in Great Neck, New York

63 months ago

There was some anger behind that post and I apologize if anyone is offended but I have worked so hard for so many years and am having a hard time with rejection after rejection. Whilst at the same time, during my interviews, seeing heavily accented international employees, walk the halls with jobs already secured. I guess it is hard for the employers to turn down MD's and Ph.D's from their home country.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Arjun in Madras, India

61 months ago

Hi I am a pharmacist. I have work experience in Clinical data management for about 1 year. I would like to work as a Clinical Research Associate in the US. I would like to know if companies like Quentiles sponsor H1 visa to work in the states?

Robert in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

61 months ago

Arjun, the US clinical research industry is really hurting nowadays- jobs are not plentiful and they are hard to get. There are plenty of US monitors with 5 years experience out of a job that you'll have to be competing against to get a CRA job.

Because you lack CRA experience and the company will have to do all the extra work for the visa (in my experience companies don't like to do any extra work), you'll be fighting an uphill battle. I would suggest getting a CRA job for a year or two before trying to make it as a US CRA in this economy.

Kimore in Westland, Michigan

57 months ago

Mavis in Ottawa, Ontario said: Should I just take an online course or is there an exam for it? Thanks in advance!

Hello, I was interested in knowing if anyone was from Michigan?
Thanks

praveen.bommareddy in Howard Beach, New York

51 months ago

Gaurav in Corvallis, Oregon said: Hello All,

My name is Gaurav and I will be completing my PhD in Pharmacology. I wanted to shift from basic research to clinical research and looking for clinical trials management/clincial research associate as one of the good options for me. Can anybody suggest me how can I enter into this industry considering the fact that I will be needing H1 visa.

hi gaurav this is praveen ,,,i am doing my MS pharmacology last semester ,,,
planning to do my PhD can you suggest me a how much should be my scores to get an admission ,by the please give me the details of your unversity ,,,email me praveen9848@yahoo.co.in

hope u will help me ,,

nmcompnotes in United Kingdom

51 months ago

Hi All,
there some notes which i have collated regarding CRA certification , Please have a look on www.cracertification.co.uk

regards
Nitin

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mounika in Metuchen, New Jersey

50 months ago

AIT in South Plainfield, New Jersey said: Looks like lots of people making COMMENTS with having no knowledge on any authentic training program or institute or college. One suggestion to everyone, the best way to find out whether the training program or institute is a spam or not. ALWAYS FIND OUT IN THE STATE WEBSITE ABOUT ANY APPROVED PROGRAM. For NJ state: you can visit: www.njtrainingsources.org ...this is where you can find AIT as one of the approved institutes and so there programs like many other.
For any clinical research training programs or healthcare programs: One should never go and take the training where any small company provides the certificate training. Because that certificate does not hold the value if its not from the state approved school and state approved program.
Good luck to everyone in making right decisions for your career!

Hello,Please suggest me any good institute in NJ which offers clinical data management course with job assurance.I am H4, does these institutes offer F1?please reply as soon as possible.

Mounika in Metuchen, New Jersey

50 months ago

Aditi in Piscataway, New Jersey said: I am interested in training for CRA in the NJ/NY area. Can someone please suggest me the names of the places. My email is adtshah@gmail.com
Looking forward for your help

Thanks
Aditi

hello aditi, I am looking for some authentic CRA training institutes in NJ plzz suggest me some at mounikachr@gmail.com

Don in Potomac, Maryland

49 months ago

Could someone help me out please? I am seeking to obtain my CRA certification and I would like a list of a few reputable programs that are decently priced. Thank you

Parul Singh in Hillsborough, New Jersey

49 months ago

I am also looking into different CRA institutes in NJ... Please Suggest what is the best way to enter into the Field of CRA... I have my Masters in Biomedical sciences and has worked for a large pharmaceutical Industry in R&D division...

Don in Potomac, Maryland

49 months ago

Let me clarify me question?I want to know does anyone have any suggestions as to some reputable CRA training programs Thank you

Raymond in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

49 months ago

Hi Don,

A CRA should NEVER have to pay for their own training or certification. Everyone I've ever met has gotten PAID to train by their employer, not the other way around.

There are many well-known scams that try to tell people that if you take their $2k course, you'll get a job as a CRA or they will give you an 'internship.' But, these training programs are not legitimate. A training course will never be a substitute for work experience. CRA is not and will never be an entry-level position. You need to have CRC, CTA or other human clinical trial experience first. There is no such thing as a training program that you enable you to circumvent this requirement.

The only legitimate, industry-recognized certification for CRAs is the CCRA certification that is only given by ACRP (the leading professional network in clinical research). You can only sit for the certification exam after you've worked as a CRA for 2 years.

I would highly suggest that you apply for assistant positions at CROs (which are hiring a lot now recently). You'll go through a robust training program while getting paid as an employee. After you've worked as an assistant for 2 years, you can move into the CRA role. Once you get your first CRA role, you'll go through another 2-4weeks of intense CRA training that you'll get PAID to take.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

KC Temple in Towson, Maryland

49 months ago

Hey Don:
I took the Clinical Research Monitoring and Coordination course through Michigan State University. It was great and offered through a university, so there was no question about being reputable or legitimate. I took it three years ago and got state funding through MD workforce Development. Check it out. If you are unemployed you probably can still get funding, if not have your employer pay for it.

Good Luck!

Loren in Chicago, Illinois

49 months ago

Hi don,

When I got hired at Cocance, I took a great training course. I also hear PPD and quintiles have CRA training programs. You get paid your normal rate all thru training.

Juniper in Cary, North Carolina

49 months ago

Hello Sushil,

In order to get a clinical research job in the USA, one does NOT need to take any sort of exam or training class. In the USA, the most valuable thing to get a job is a strong work history of jobs in the clinical research field.

In your case, I would highly suggest taking a course in English grammar. I understand that this is just a forum, but in order for one to be considered for a job in clinical research, one must have impeccable writing and speaking ability. Even ONE misspelling or improper use of one word will get your CV thrown in the trash.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nan in Jersey City, New Jersey

48 months ago

Loren in Chicago, Illinois said: Hi don,

When I got hired at Cocance, I took a great training course. I also hear PPD and quintiles have CRA training programs. You get paid your normal rate all thru training.

Hi Loren,
Can you please tell me which training course did you take.Do you know how to apply to Quintiles for CRA training programs.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.