Where to look for international CRA positions

Comments (2)

Anina K in Orangeburg, New York

45 months ago

Hello,
I am currently working as a CRA I monitoring Phase II to Phase IV clinical trials. I would like to work in an international company where I can monitor sites outside of the US. I am bilingual English/Spanish and am interested in Latin America and Europe. Does anyone have suggestions for where I can look for these jobs. I have learned of a few so far, such as Covance and I3.

Thank you.

Karl in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

45 months ago

Anina,

Actually, most of the large CROs are moving away from allowing any monitor to cross the border. They realize that it not only costs more to ask their monitors to travel internationally, but it takes a whole lot more from their monitors and their personal life. They've decided it's a much better business decision to hire an experience CRA who lives in Mexico to monitor all the Mexican sites and a CRA that lives in Germany to monitor all the German sites and keep the US CRAs inside the USA. It's just not cost-efficient to send a monitor from the USA to Mexico one week and Germany the next week.

Your bilingual skills will make you especially marketable in the South and Western USA- the large CROs will like that a lot... but in these tough times, I doubt you'll get any opportunities to monitor in Europe as a US-based CRA.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.