What online CRA Programs are respectable and legitimate?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

UtahRN in Draper, Utah

69 months ago

I am looking into online CRA programs but want to know what are the most respected in the industry once you are finished. Can anyone vouch or make suggestions? Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (80) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

KC Temple in Towson, Maryland

66 months ago

I took the Clinical Research Monitoring and Coordination course from Michigan State University. Here's the link -

nursing.msu.edu/cracrc.aspx

There's no question that it is a reputable school and program. I'm in MD and I got some state funding and I've heard MI does the same thing. Check with your state - they often support university programs rather than other independent schools. MSU was great! They helped me with the paperwork and I learned so much in the course. I recommend it highly!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

NB in Atlanta, Georgia

65 months ago

What type of state funding were you able to receive for this program?

KC Temple in Towson, Maryland said: I took the Clinical Research Monitoring and Coordination course from Michigan State University. Here's the link -

There's no question that it is a reputable school and program. I'm in MD and I got some state funding and I've heard MI does the same thing. Check with your state - they often support university programs rather than other independent schools. MSU was great! They helped me with the paperwork and I learned so much in the course. I recommend it highly!

MP in Jackson, Michigan

65 months ago

KC Temple in Towson, Maryland said: I took the Clinical Research Monitoring and Coordination course from Michigan State University. Here's the link -

I am trying to break into the business, a RN now in pharma sales, any suggestions

KC Temple in Towson, Maryland

65 months ago

Hi Guys:
I am a BSN who had a little research experience - less than a year. I took MSU's course and learned so much! I use the knowledge every day on the job. I qualified for worker training funding through MD. Someone on this site said MI does the same thing. Check with either the unemployment office. Your state's website may have info, too. It's a good place to check.

Here's the link for the MSU site: nursing.msu.edu/cracrc.aspx Call them; they may be able to help.

MP in Jackson, Michigan

65 months ago

Thank you so much for the information, just a little unclear... did you get a position through MSU or the Maryland unemployment site? I can carry the cost of the course, employment in the field is my primary concern.My email mpaone01@comcast.net. And thank you again for the informantion

BL in Carrollton, Texas

24 months ago

Hello, I am trying to become a CRA. My background is in pharmaceutical and medical sales, banking and medical operations. I have over 10 years in pharmaceutical sales management and 15 years in operations management. I hold a Certificate in Logistics (Associate & Technician) I am six sigma certified green belt. I reside in Texas. The DFW area.

Can anyone tell me how I can break into the industry and what certification classes I could take to prepare.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mather in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

24 months ago

Hello BL,

The CRA position is NOT for people trying to enter into the clinical research world. The typical entry-level CRA applicant has at least 2 years experience in other positions such as a clinical research coordinator (study nurse) or as a clinical trial assistant (office-support for CRAs). One does not break into this position by taking a certification course- they work their way up by gaining entry level experience.

However, it seems like you have a robust management background and experience in sales and marketing. It seems like a poor move to leave a developed career and start again at the bottom. Why start all over when the fruits of becoming a CRA may not even develop for another 5-10 years. Perhaps you can try to get in touch with SMOs and CROs in their marketing and contract department. These companies could use someone who can sell their services to pharma companies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.