relocation to US

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Artz in Europe

38 months ago

Hello Guys,
Could you advise how is it realistic to relocate from Moscow, Russia to US being a SrCRA with 3 years of monitoring experience in a big CRO and UK postgraduate certificate in CR? I mean, do US companies (CRO or even Pharma) support with a job visa, etc.? If yes, it could be great opportunity to gain an international work experience is't it?
Thank you in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Hallie in Lambertville, Michigan

38 months ago

Hi Antz,

With only 3 years experience in the USA, you would look for CRA2 jobs (seniors usually have 4-5 years at minimum). US CROs do visas, but if they had to chose from someone who needed a visa and someone who didn't, they would pick the person who didn't need the visa. So, with the poor US economy, you could imAgine how hard it will be, but not impossible.

I would first get a job with a US CRO who has offices in Russia. After you prove yourself to thecompany, ask for relocation from the RUssia office to another office in the EU or USA. That way, you'll know you like the company prior to moving halfway around the world for a job you may not like.

Artz in Europe

38 months ago

Hi Hallie,
Thank you for your clarification. It's hard to imagine for me that US companies able to hire only US citizens, seeing this website there is only NY has to find over 300 CRAs. It's quite a big job market :)

Bryan in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

38 months ago

I know one US CRO just laid off a few hundred CRAs-remember, the US economy is doing very poorly and their are ALOT of unemployed US citizens struggling.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.