Are there any CRA jobs that does not involve travel

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Andreea in Foster City, California

74 months ago

Hi everybody,

I have a master's degree in biochemistry and a few years of experience in the biotech industry in San Francisco. I would like to transition to clinical research but from what I have read CRAs need to do a lot of traveling. Since my family situation doesn't allow me to travel, I was wondering if there are any CRA jobs that do not involve travel. Any help is much appreciate it. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Katie in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

55 months ago

Andrea,

Instead of being a CRA, you should consider being a CRC. CRA jobs require 80% travel, but CRCs work everyday in the same office. Occasionally (3-4 times a year) you'll have to travel to investigator meetings, but luckily, investigator meetings are only held in places that are fun to go to (like Orlando, SanDiego or Chicago) so that's so much better than all the horrible little towns that a CRA has to go to.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

stefan in Dublin, Ireland

54 months ago

and the office is usually at home or in the company so you still need to get there in rush hour??? thanks!

54 months ago

CRCs work in doctor's offices, universities and research organizations. A CRC is NOT a home-based position. They see patients everyday so they have to go into the office to work.

54 months ago

how is the home based position called?

54 months ago

Katie in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: CRCs work in doctor's offices, universities and research organizations. A CRC is NOT a home-based position. They see patients everyday so they have to go into the office to work.

thanks. and how is the home based position called?

54 months ago

CRAs can work as a home-based employee, but it takes several years of research experience to get a CRA job. Usually for the first 1-2 years as a CRA you will have to go into the office and when you are a senior CRA you can be homebased.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.