Are those CRA job openings real hiring?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (14)

Mediumsquirrel in Austin, Texas

56 months ago

Hi, I'm now very actively looking for a CRA job. I'm doing job search online about twice a week as a routine. Whenever there is an opening posted on either monster, yahoo, or indeed, I just go ahead to send out my CV. But most of my applications received no response, occasionally I received an automatic reply saying my application would be processed if eligible.

Just wondering if anyone has the same experience? Wondering if those openings real hiring or just a way that those companies are doing advertisement or a way for the companies to collect CVs to fill up their database?

Curious...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Magneto5389 in Seguin, Texas

56 months ago

Hi Medium Squirrel,

I know how frustrating it can be not getting replies. In the past when I was looking for jobs I posted my resume to all positions relativew to my background on yahoo and monster job sites and did not get any replies. Only by relentless emails requesting if my resume was received did I get a reply. It seems the only thing that worked for me was Professional head hunters (these are the head hunters that hire people above entry level positions only. Good luck on your pursuits, I am sure that one of these professional head hunters will find you. Just make sure you ask them if they focus on above entry level positions.

Keep the Faith

Magneto

nativetexan in Seattle, Washington

55 months ago

Hi Magneto and Medium Squirrel,
I've come to the same road block as Medium Squirrel, much time has been logged to searching for a CRA position (Both in Seattle and Dallas areas) without success. I too think there are job posting but companies are not really hiring or hiring internal.
Unfortunately for me I have 6 years as a CRC but no experience as a CRA which makes it more difficult to compete with the huge pool of non-working experienced CRAs out there.

I've been contacted by some headhunters but am a bit hesitant about using them. Do you recommend any headhunters in particular and what should I expect or look for in a successful headhunter.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

rum in Newberg, Oregon

55 months ago

Mediumsquirrel in Austin, Texas said: Hi, I'm now very actively looking for a CRA job. I'm doing job search online about twice a week as a routine. Whenever there is an opening posted on either monster, yahoo, or indeed, I just go ahead to send out my CV. But most of my applications received no response, occasionally I received an automatic reply saying my application would be processed if eligible.

Just wondering if anyone has the same experience? Wondering if those openings real hiring or just a way that those companies are doing advertisement or a way for the companies to collect CVs to fill up their database?

Curious...

gsk is hiring cras on the bio side in southeastern us and central us. check their website

linda@columbia in Columbia, Missouri

55 months ago

What is your background and do you have a RHIT degree. Are there jobs in Cancer resgistra

nativetexan in Seattle, Washington said: Hi Magneto and Medium Squirrel,
I've come to the same road block as Medium Squirrel, much time has been logged to searching for a CRA position (Both in Seattle and Dallas areas) without success. I too think there are job posting but companies are not really hiring or hiring internal.
Unfortunately for me I have 6 years as a CRC but no experience as a CRA which makes it more difficult to compete with the huge pool of non-working experienced CRAs out there.

I've been contacted by some headhunters but am a bit hesitant about using them. Do you recommend any headhunters in particular and what should I expect or look for in a successful headhunter.

Becky in Round Rock, Texas

53 months ago

Mediumsquirrel in Austin, Texas said: Hi, I'm now very actively looking for a CRA job. I'm doing job search online about twice a week as a routine. Whenever there is an opening posted on either monster, yahoo, or indeed, I just go ahead to send out my CV. But most of my applications received no response, occasionally I received an automatic reply saying my application would be processed if eligible.

Curious...

Hello,

We are currently seeking a site manager for our San Angelo Texas office who has
at least two years experience and CRC's for our CA and San Angelo offices
with a minimun of one year experience. These positions would be direct hire
and we are looking to fill them with the right people as soon as possible.

Benchmark Research is a vibrant company dedicated to improving the quality
of pharmaceutical research by providing experience and excellence in all
aspects of trial conduct. Although we work on a wide variety of protocols,
Benchmark Research is well known in the industry as being "The Premier
Vaccine Company". We excel at high enrolling, out-patient vaccine studies
in healthy adult and pediatric subjects.

Benchmark Research has been very successful in the 11 years since it's
inception. We have clinical sites in Austin, Fort Worth, San Angelo, New
Orleans, Sacramento, and San Francisco, as well as a dedicated Call Center
in Miles, Texas.

Unlike traditional SMO's, our employees work together as a team by
communicating on an almost daily basis. Many of our employees have been
with Benchmark Research since the beginning because they love the
cohesiveness of our company and the warm, inviting atmosphere at all of our
sites.

We offer generous relocation assistance, an excellent trai

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ReginaM in Los Angeles, California

50 months ago

Curious...

Yeah, I'm getting that a lot. At least with a lot of the companies that handle your resume that way i.e.UCLA, you can sign in with your password and see a result.

Patricia

50 months ago

Curious...

Hi:Were you lucky in your search for a CRA Entry Level position?

Carrie B. in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

50 months ago

the industry really isn't in need of a lot of entry level people at this time. with so many experience CRAs who were laid off last year, the entry-level people just aren't able to compete without any real experience.

my suggestions are:

1. don't even expect a reply when you don't meet the posted qualification... if the post says that 2 years of monitoring experience is required and you don't have 2 years of monitoring experience, don't waste your time and tarnish a future relationship with a company. if you are applying for jobs you clearly don't meet the qualifications for it shows that you lack attention to detail (i.e., actually reading the job post) and since attention to detail is so important for monitors you are making yourself look really bad.

2. get experience where you can. the majority of CRAs start off as CRCs- this is the normal career progression. others that don't like clinical work begin as a CTA, research assistant or project assistant- most companies promote from within so this puts you in a really good place.

3. expand your search. don't just use monster- actually go to a company's website and see what's on their job boards.

4. consult career experts of headhunters. some really aren't working for you, but their advice can be great and help you in future interviews.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Patricia

50 months ago

Carrie B. in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: the industry really isn't in need of a lot of entry level people at this time. with so many experience CRAs who were laid off last year, the entry-level people just aren't able to compete without any real experience.

my suggestions are:

1. don't even expect a reply when you don't meet the posted qualification... if the post says that 2 years of monitoring experience is required and you don't have 2 years of monitoring experience, don't waste your time and tarnish a future relationship with a company. if you are applying for jobs you clearly don't meet the qualifications for it shows that you lack attention to detail (i.e., actually reading the job post) and since attention to detail is so important for monitors you are making yourself look really bad.

2. get experience where you can. the majority of CRAs start off as CRCs- this is the normal career progression. others that don't like clinical work begin as a CTA, research assistant or project assistant- most companies promote from within so this puts you in a really good place.

3. expand your search. don't just use monster- actually go to a company's website and see what's on their job boards.

4. consult career experts of headhunters. some really aren't working for you, but their advice can be great and help you in future interviews.

Thanks for the information Carrie!

Hollis in Fort Worth, Texas

44 months ago

Mediumsquirrel in Austin, Texas said: Hi, I'm now very actively looking for a CRA job . I'm doing job search online about twice a week as a routine. Whenever there is an opening posted on either monster, yahoo, or indeed, I just go ahead to send out my CV. But most of my applications received no response, occasionally I received an automatic reply saying my application would be processed if eligible.

Just wondering if anyone has the same experience ? Wondering if those openings real hiring or just a way that those companies are doing advertisement or a way for the companies to collect CVs to fill up their database?

Curious...

Your best bet is to go to PPD or Quintiles; especially if you had CRC experience.

Ak in Oakland, California

43 months ago

I finished my CRA certification Exam. Now should i start my internship or without any training I just go ahead to send out my CV or is it very necessary to get trained.

PRA Gretchen in Cary, North Carolina

32 months ago

Good CRA's are hard to come across, I work for PRA International and we typically look for people with 2+ years of field monitoring experience. HTH!

Curious...

exp cra in Sewell, New Jersey

31 months ago

Ak in Oakland, California said: I finished my CRA certification Exam. Now should i start my internship or without any training I just go ahead to send out my CV or is it very necessary to get trained.

What certification? ACRP requires 2 years of experience and I believe SOCRA has similar requirements.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.