What are the best clinical research coordinator qualifications and training to get ahead?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

What is the best training for becoming a clinical research coordinator? What types of ongoing training or certifications are necessary to be an effective clinical research coordinator?

What do non-traditional career paths look like?

Reply - Report abuse

vicki lansang in Long Beach, California

70 months ago

Well i have no experienced as CRC, however i have medical background and my employer believed that i will be train. I started as data management, that's how i got into oncology research.
I am now into 5th year.I need to explore in other offices, maybe as data management.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

FYIs in San Francisco, California

68 months ago

Usually the position requires a bachelor's in the life sciences or nursing as it would be an easier transition for someone with knowledge of medical terminology or understanding of biological pathways. However, some CRCs do have a non-science bachelor's such as in English or Philosophy. But these people tend to aspire to obtain a nursing degree or another health-related certification.

Once 2 years has been completed as a CRC, certification with either ACRP or SoCRA is another way to develop professionally.

Others who are looking to break into the field have opted to take professional certification courses from academic institutions that offer an extension program in clinical research.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

LSchel in Wausau, Wisconsin

65 months ago

There are also a few technical or community colleges that now have two year associate degree programs specifically in Clinical Research Coordinating. The Mid-State Technical College in Marshfield, WI was designed with many of the courses being online so that anyone in the US could be enrolled. Many of the general education courses can be transfered as well. There website is www.mstc.edu

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.