Getting a cmm programmer job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

How did you get your start doing cmm programmer work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

sslloonngg in Fredericksburg, Texas

80 months ago

i started off as an inspector trainee for a machine shop. i did well so they decided to train me on programming the cmm. i picked it up real quick and i really love doing it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

JM177227

79 months ago

I was a quality shift supervisor and decided to enroll in the Layout program. After several years operating CMM's, I was sent to B&S for training and picked it up from there on out.
Now I'm to the point of learning Solidworks and Autocad with little or no training.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Keyatoe in Boise, Idaho

23 months ago

I got a aas in CNC machining technology, Plus Mastercam X6 Programming Experience. Actually I went from being a CNC machinist Programmer To Inspection, I just Had the Nack for it Because I can Read the Complex Blueprints. Once you get the Hang of reading Prints It comes natural, Plus if you can draft and Program in Mastercam, Going over to Program a CMM is very easy. Holding the part is usually ok in several opposing vise jaws of different sizes. But Like anything, Must be in the right place at the right time.

Kesh in Toronto, Ontario

21 months ago

Hi we are an aerospace company in the Winnipeg area. We are looking for a CMM programmer!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.