getting a medical coding job

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

george hiegel in Erie, Pennsylvania

67 months ago

I have recently completed a program in medical coding and I am looking for work in this field. My training includes both the ICD and CPT manuals. What complicates my job search is that, due to personal circumstances, I want to work at home. My elderly mother has a variety of health problems and I am responsible for taking care of her. Working at home would allow me to do this, yet still relax and still do good competent work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

LINDA EVANS in Augusta, Georgia

66 months ago

I HAVE TAKING THE MEDICAL CODING CLASS, BUT I DONT HAVE MY CODING CERTIFICATION DUE TO FINANCING. I WOULD LOVE TO DO SOME ON THE JOB TAINING A TO GET THE EXPERIENCE AND WORK FROM HOME WHEN IT IS COMPLETE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

G.Roden in League City, Texas

54 months ago

LINDA EVANS in Augusta, Georgia said: I HAVE TAKING THE MEDICAL CODING CLASS, BUT I DONT HAVE MY CODING CERTIFICATION DUE TO FINANCING. I WOULD LOVE TO DO SOME ON THE JOB TAINING A TO GET THE EXPERIENCE AND WORK FROM HOME WHEN IT IS COMPLETE.

I have the same problem. So far my job search has required the coder to be certified or if not cert. at least with 1-2 yrs. medical office experience. So now I'm in search of med. office, receptionist whatever I can find. It has been tough!

Jenny Horner in Frisco, Texas

38 months ago

G Roden - You are doing what everyone is talking about. It's better to start out entry-level, then leverage yourself into a coding position later on.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.