Has anyone taken the Health Information Technology program at Central Arizona College?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Bailey10 in Scottsdale, Arizona

45 months ago

Phoenix College has this program too, but I am looking more into Central Arizona College because its program is online. So I was just wondering how is this program? How is the online format and instructors? Is the program too hard online?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

valentine in Salt Lake City, Utah

45 months ago

Bailey10 in Scottsdale, Arizona said: Phoenix College has this program too, but I am looking more into Central Arizona College because its program is online. So I was just wondering how is this program? How is the online format and instructors? Is the program too hard online?

I have not been to either of these schools so you may end up disregarding my response, but generally speaking, all of these coding programs are about the same. they all teach the same basic curriculum and pretty much no matter which school you go to, you will struggle to find employment.

I personally feel that coding is so indepth and complex, it would be hard to learn online, however, the programs only teach the very basics, so doing it online shouldn't be too much of an issue.

But this is a great field and I definitely love what I do, so if you have an interest in it, you should pursue it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

valentine in Salt Lake City, Utah

45 months ago

..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bailey10 in Scottsdale, Arizona

45 months ago

valentine in Salt Lake City, Utah said: I have not been to either of these schools so you may end up disregarding my response, but generally speaking, all of these coding programs are about the same. they all teach the same basic curriculum and pretty much no matter which school you go to, you will struggle to find employment.

I personally feel that coding is so indepth and complex, it would be hard to learn online, however, the programs only teach the very basics, so doing it online shouldn't be too much of an issue.

But this is a great field and I definitely love what I do, so if you have an interest in it, you should pursue it.

I hope you don't mind me asking, but how much do you make? I have looked on so many websites and they all say different salaries. I really don't think these websites are very accurate.

What is this job like everyday? Does it seem to be the same thing all the time?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

valentine in Salt Lake City, Utah

45 months ago

Bailey10 in Scottsdale, Arizona said: I hope you don't mind me asking, but how much do you make? I have looked on so many websites and they all say different salaries. I really don't think these websites are very accurate.

What is this job like everyday? Does it seem to be the same thing all the time?

Pay depends so much on which state you are in, whether a big city, small town, a large hospital organization or a small clinic. But generally speaking, most entry level coders make somewhere around $23,000-$28,000. And it goes up with more experience, responsibility and certifications. Since I have been coding for about 6 years, I make a good deal more than that.

Since I am strictly a coder, I don't do any billing, I come in, run my report that has all the patient encounters that I need to code out and then I spend the day reading chart notes, researching and looking up codes. Its pretty much the exact same stuff every day. Since I work at the VA, I have more variance than most coders, who only code 1 or 2 specialties, where as, I could code 10 different specialties in one day.

It can get a little repetitive and tedious, but I listen to audio books on my mp3 player, and that helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bailey10 in Scottsdale, Arizona

45 months ago

valentine in Salt Lake City, Utah said: Pay depends so much on which state you are in, whether a big city, small town, a large hospital organization or a small clinic. But generally speaking, most entry level coders make somewhere around $23,000-$28,000. And it goes up with more experience, responsibility and certifications. Since I have been coding for about 6 years, I make a good deal more than that.

Since I am strictly a coder, I don't do any billing, I come in, run my report that has all the patient encounters that I need to code out and then I spend the day reading chart notes, researching and looking up codes. Its pretty much the exact same stuff every day. Since I work at the VA, I have more variance than most coders, who only code 1 or 2 specialties, where as, I could code 10 different specialties in one day.

It can get a little repetitive and tedious, but I listen to audio books on my mp3 player, and that helps.

How many years of experience does it take for someone to work at home? Or can you from home when you first start out?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.