Top community planner skills needed to get the job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

What are the top 3 traits or skills every community planner must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your community planner expertise?

Reply - Report abuse

sylvester williams in Jacksonville, Florida

77 months ago

Host said: What are the top 3 traits or skills every community planner must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your community planner expertise?

WHAT IS NAVL FACILITY ASSETS DATA?
WHAT IS SEDIT RIGHTS AND CLASS ONE LAND AND CLASS 2 BUILDINGS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Teisha in Garland, Texas

68 months ago

Hello,

I am a recruiter that is seeking a person with this bacground.. I am looking for the same thing, however the candidate should have an Air Force Background.. Can you recommend sites where I would be able to find these types of candidates..

Thanks -

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Susan Moriarty, AICP in Fishers, Indiana

60 months ago

Host said: What are the top 3 traits or skills every community planner must have to excel?

1. Public particpation skills - both in-person and electronic. Planners need to be able to listen and gather information about what diverse segments of the community want in the community. They also need to be able to provide useful information to politicians and community leaders.

2. Research skills - these will include paper, on-line, demographic, spatial, prose, historical, etc. Planners also need to be well versed in gathering primary data such as land use and property value skills, community needs, and other raw data collection skills.

3. Document preparation - writing, mapping, formatting, etc...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.