Bad Company

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (35)

totalpkge67 in Bear, Delaware

62 months ago

If your looking for a good place to drive. Stay away from US Xpress Enterprises Inc. Out of Chattanooga,TN This was the worst company I have ever dealt with since starting my driving career. The Lease Program is the biggest SCAM in trucking. They advertise 07' trucks with 24 months of service. Most trucks have been on the road for more then 24 months and they don't even allow you to see a service record for the trucks. They keep you just busy enough to make your lease payment. They also, Make it almost impossible to get home. 2 times in over two months. But, Stay clear of this "Company". US Xpress Is A Joke, Scam, Rip Off company out there! My truck broke down 4 days into the lease! Then again 2 weeks later. A friend also driving for US Xpress. Had her truck for 2 months and it has been broken down almost once a week since signing her lease. Any questions? Reach out to me!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Ghost195669@yahoo.com in Concord, New Hampshire

59 months ago

thanks for the info, was considering driving for us xpress, notso sure anymore

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Gladtobegone in New Windsor, New York

58 months ago

totalpkge67 in Bear, Delaware said: If your looking for a good place to drive. Stay away from US Xpress Enterprises Inc. Out of Chattanooga,TN This was the worst company I have ever dealt with since starting my driving career. The Lease Program is the biggest SCAM in trucking. They advertise 07' trucks with 24 months of service. Most trucks have been on the road for more then 24 months and they don't even allow you to see a service record for the trucks. They keep you just busy enough to make your lease payment. They also, Make it almost impossible to get home. 2 times in over two months. But, Stay clear of this "Company". US Xpress Is A Joke, Scam, Rip Off company out there! My truck broke down 4 days into the lease! Then again 2 weeks later. A friend also driving for US Xpress. Had her truck for 2 months and it has been broken down almost once a week since signing her lease. Any questions? Reach out to me!

Add Sal Son Logistics to the list. Unless you want to make $500.00 a week as a professional Commercial Tractor Trailer Driver. Fishkill NY to Philly, then over to Ball Plastic in Delran NJ, up to Pepsi in College Point Queens, over to Expeditors in Inwood NY by JFK Airport and back To fishkill, 12 to 13 hrs for a whopping $147.00 and thats if it makes it into your time records and you get paid for it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

JBooser in Waldorf, Maryland

53 months ago

You want a bad company. Try CR England. That company has no respect for their drivers...PERIOD! Their lease program is horrible cuz you can't make it as a solo. Most drivers I've been talking to who lease with them are making $40 a week. $40 A WEEK! I would know cuz I worked for them. The horror stories of CR England are true. When I was with my trainer he had gotten home twice in the 9 months he was with them cuz his driver manager refuses to send him home for hometime. All he cares about is keeping the freight moving.

He also told me a story about another driver who's mother was put in the hospital and the doctor gave her only 4 weeks to live. He kept telling his driver manager that he needed to get home cuz his mother was dying. She lived for 5 weeks. By the time he got home, she had passed away a week prior to him getting home. She already had her funeral and he never got to see her for the last time because his driver manager refused to send him home.

So, after hearing these stories I decided to quit. CR England is all majority lease now. Very few company drivers anymore. Those that are company drivers are team mandated now. I also quit cuz I was offered a job with another company that's giving me what I want, which is a company solo driver.

Anybody out there considering about going to England, I highly recommend looking somewhere else cuz I guarantee you'll regret it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

moongirl in Vancouver, Washington

53 months ago

I was in talks to work for them and I think I wont now. God, I drove for Swift and thought they were bad, they seem like Disneyland compared to what Ive read about England...Thanks all of you for the warning.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

JBooser in Waldorf, Maryland

48 months ago

CR England sucks. I never got out of training before I decided to quit. I never went through their CDL course because I already had mine, but I had to do a refresher with them.

Gunnellswill, a lot of people don't realize what they're really getting into. Trucking isn't for everybody. The company my dad works for has some stats about trucking. Right now, the average annual turnover is 115% and the average success rate of people getting their CDL that's still driving after their 1st year is 15%. The Navy SEAL's has a better success rate! Just keep in mind, don't make the biggest career changing mistakes out there that people make.

1. Don't get into a new career field without investigating. This means breaking everything down, doing research, the pros/cons. A successful investigation actually takes about 6 months.

2. Don't get into something just because somebody you know is successful at it.

3. The biggest career changing mistake that people make is don't let the money make your decision. A lot of companies that hire inexperienced drivers tend to lure them by advertising that you can make $40,000-$50,000 average your first year. This may be true, but this also includes drivers who already have years of exp. under their belt. If it's a company that still uses paper logs, YEAH!, these guys are going to make that much because they know how to play with their logs to make it look like something that it's not so they make more and they know how to run. You as inexperienced are probably going to make closer to $30,000-$32,000 gross.

Your best source of information are talking to drivers. Don't rely on schools and definately not the companies. The schools are just as guilty as the companies when it comes to lying. When I went with England my recruiter told me I'll gross $100,000 and bring home about $45,000. When I get out there, I talk to drivers thats only bringing between $40-$100 a week.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bob in Charlotte, North Carolina

46 months ago

Perkins Specialized Transportation Noblesville IN
1-Scam lease purchase program. 2-Steal all your money and under pay for trip loads. 3-Keep your truck in red so you can owe them money each week and have no pay check. They have drivers who have received no pay checks for months, drivers who lost their homes, drivers are threatened with bad DAC reports if they don’t do what they ask regardless of safety and the law. These people are scam artist and organized crime comes to mind when you do some checking. Check them out on the web.

Do not work there they will rip you off, turnover rate is 98% they bring in 8 to 16 new drivers a week and only operate 189 trucks a roll over scam no money no pay and the worst safety rating of any company with D.O.T. check it out a the U.S. D.O.T. web site. They lease the same trucks over and over and are making a killing of f the sweat of hard working people.

These people need to be criminally investigated

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

Janis in Charlotte, North Carolina

45 months ago

Bob in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Perkins Specialized Transportation Noblesville IN
1-Scam lease purchase program. 2-Steal all your money and under pay for trip loads. 3-Keep your truck in red so you can owe them money each week and have no pay check. They have drivers who have received no pay checks for months, drivers who lost their homes, drivers are threatened with bad DAC reports if they don’t do what they ask regardless of safety and the law. These people are scam artist and organized crime comes to mind when you do some checking. Check them out on the web.

Do not work there they will rip you off, turnover rate is 98% they bring in 8 to 16 new drivers a week and only operate 189 trucks a roll over scam no money no pay and the worst safety rating of any company with D.O.T. check it out a the U.S. D.O.T. web site. They lease the same trucks over and over and are making a killing of f the sweat of hard working people.

These people need to be criminally investigated

Yea these guys screwed a lot of people!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ronald B in Charlotte, North Carolina

45 months ago

I have heard a lot from former drivers of Perkins , they all say they never got paid, some for months. Just ask around I would stay away from them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Perkins Scam in Charlotte, North Carolina

45 months ago

Perkins Logistics and specialized transportation, Noblesville IN a Debt Bondage Company .l Perkins lease commercial vehicles to C.D. L. drivers and in turn dispatches freight, to the drivers. Then takes deductions from the driver’s settlements which in most cases leave the driver owing the company money each week resulting in the driver having no pay, this goes on and on for months until the drivers quit. They then release the same trucks and it starts all over again.

In addition to what have previously mentioned, They take money out of the drivers maintenance escrow accounts and then will replace the money over and over again. When a driver leaves their employ they are rarely refunded the escrow money (another source of income covered up). Several others are they mark up parts sold to driver for repairs at their maintenance facility and add undisclosed fees to the deductions from the drivers settlements.

They only dispatche freight other carriers would not take and the freight in most cases will cost you more to haul than is paid. They will threaten you with a bad DAC report if you fail to do as you are told. You will b

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

B in Chillicothe, Illinois

45 months ago

Yea i just Quit Garland Gehrke Trucking out of lincoln IL. Always ran you illegal. They didn't care not driver friendly at all. Poor pay. Old Trucks. No insurance. No bonuses. No Sleep. Bad company to work for. Oh and they are still holding my last pay check. Had to file a cliam with illinois department of labor. Hope i get it they wanted me to sign a letter of resignation before i get my last check im not signing anything from them after i quit. They are crazy. Safety director there tells you to find a way to log it. Jeez thanks guy. Later

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Old driver in Charlotte, North Carolina

45 months ago

All these trucking companies are scamming theses days, hope you the best. Something should be done about all this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

freddie in Arbovale, West Virginia

45 months ago

does anyone know of a company that will hire me with a ticket (open container... nothing else on my recored... trucker.03@hotmail.com trying to move soon as i can near romney wv.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

A.P.Jones in Springfield, Oregon

45 months ago

Perkins Logistics commercial lease scams are geared to falsely make a possible lease operator believe that they will be owning a truck at the end of a lease, however anyone thinking about “Leasing” should every careful . Below are just some of many lease scams out their promoted by companies who take advantage of the drivers.

Claim you will make and unreasonable amount of revenue then give you freight that is below market rates to haul.
Require maintenance escrow accounts and performance escrow accounts then take out hidden deductions and never giving a refund when the lease is over or canncelled.
Keep saying you owe the company each week and you never get ahead of this no matter how hard you work, and you never receive a pay check.
Claim you made all the money the truck was paid even when you never saw any money and then claim you are responsible for the taxes.
Some will try and make you run illegally and if caught will claim it was the drivers fault. (This is a big one)
Threaten to report false information on your D.A.C. report if you refuse to do as they ask, and in many case will report false information if you quit.
Please note most lease programs are geared to make the company profit regardless of the expendable driver, thats why they have continuous orientations . You work for free , you quit and they release the truck and screw over another.

Unfortunately todays business world looks at profit before the worker, be extremely careful with these lease scams. Perkins Logistics and specialized transportation is a classic example of this type of scam. Do not believe their P.R. people who claim otherwise do your research well. I would not be happy to see any more people ruined by this company’s scam.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dieseltrucker69 in Kennett, Missouri

45 months ago

freddie in Arbovale, West Virginia said: does anyone know of a company that will hire me with a ticket (open container... nothing else on my recored... trucker.03@hotmail.com trying to move soon as i can near romney wv.

Sorry bud that is not a good ticket to have in the trucking industry. you will have to wait till it falls off your dmv record. it takes 3 years in most states. I have been a driver for 23 years and I've seen some drivers get this and they are done for at least 3 years. unless a small company with only a few trucks and is a nice guy they might hire with that. but as they say drugs and alcohol does not mix in the trucking industry because most likely they turn it into their insurance company and they have the say in tickets like that. High risk driver is what they mostly say. best of luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

James2010 in Fayetteville, North Carolina

44 months ago

Does anybody out there, know of a good , reputable company, that will hire me with a "reckless driving by speeding" conviction, that is over 2 yrs old. Been out of work as a driver since 12/2008. No DUI's, no DWI's, no felonies, just need a break.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

dieseltrucker69 in Kennett, Missouri

44 months ago

James2010 in Fayetteville, North Carolina said: Does anybody out there, know of a good , reputable company, that will hire me with a "reckless driving by speeding" conviction, that is over 2 yrs old. Been out of work as a driver since 12/2008. No DUI's, no DWI's, no felonies, just need a break.

most companies require it to be 3 years old you might try summit out of indiana... but as of jan 2011. all companies have to go thur CSA2010 to get your safety rating from DOT.. most companies are set up thur them now but a few hand full of companies are not. best bet is to try small companies that does not require DAC or CSA2010 just your dmv record and after 2 years most insurance companies will approve your record. hope this helps...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

R.Jones in Charlotte, North Carolina

44 months ago

Perkins Scam artist should all be charged and possibly will be ssoon!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

zg6332 in Joliet, Illinois

42 months ago

ok guys been there done that here are the companys to watch for i was on a job for nine years one day i said my back that ended that job so i been bouncing around from company to company theres a lot of garbage out there i cant explain on each company but ill name then panglo transport/ grane/ dayton freight/ saia/estates/chicago steel/yellow freight/central transport /raun /owner operators / and i could go on/if you want to know what their all ill tell you i dont work on percentage or milage only hrly you waste to much time and make know money i been driving for seventeen years ive done it all right now there trying to pay us what we were getting paid 15 yrs ago with all the bull we deal with and the new dot laws it aint worth being a truck driver warehouse guys make more than we do and their home every day and dont need to take a medical exam i had one company tell me we are not going to hire you cause we need some one to marry the truck i told them im married already company name GD WE NEED A JOB BUT NOT A DIVORCE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

donesto in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

42 months ago

Mays Plus is a bad company to work for. It's home care and they keep half of your pay from you and you have to get a lawyer to get your money back. they make you work 38 hrs a week and your check would only show you worked 24,25,26 hrs for the two weeks. you get paid biweekly. I'm still looking for a lawyer to help me here and i know of two other women who will join me in court for their pay as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lenny in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

37 months ago

freddie in Arbovale, West Virginia said: does anyone know of a company that will hire me with a ticket (open container... nothing else on my recored... trucker.03@hotmail.com trying to move soon as i can near romney wv.

paper transport, inc. -greenbay,wisc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

freddie in Grantsville, Maryland

34 months ago

how do i get ahold of paper transport inc. to see if they will hire me.. My open container ticket will come off in jan 2012... i can't find any jobs any where cause of that ticket everyone tells me 5 years unless i can find a small company willing to hire me.. i know i did wrong.... Can anyone help.... want to drive whem my ticket comes off.. jan 20, 2012... willing to move if needed ... thx u Freddie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mavis in Los Angeles, California

34 months ago

I don't know about the leasing side of U.S.Xpress but drivers there seemed pretty happy when ever they came in. Then again this was based in Colton, CA. I wouldn't have worked for them had I known of such fraud. With the leasing I do believe it's done through headquarters. As a company driver I'd say it's worth looking into. Ask other USX drivers when you see them around how they feel with their miles are or if dedicated ask their hours. Find out where they are based out of is a huge difference in personalities and communication. Colton was a pleasure to work for. Just read the fine lines I'd say. As far as the bad experience with the leasing, I rarely would see them come in. Even then, I'm sorry for your bad experience. Good to know the warning of leasing with them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

David in Evansville, Indiana

33 months ago

JBooser in Waldorf, Maryland said: You want a bad company. Try CR England. That company has no respect for their drivers...PERIOD! Their lease program is horrible cuz you can't make it as a solo. Most drivers I've been talking to who lease with them are making $40 a week. $40 A WEEK! I would know cuz I worked for them. The horror stories of CR England are true. When

He also told me a story about another driver who's mother was put in the hospital and the doctor gave her only 4 weeks to live. He kept telling his driver manager that he needed to get home cuz his mother was dying. She lived for 5 weeks. By the time he got home, she had passed away a week prior to him getting home. She already had her funeral and he never got to see her for the last time because his driver manager refused to send him home.

So, after hearing these stories I decided to quit. CR England is all majority lease now. Very few company drivers anymore. Those that are company drivers are team mandated now. I also quit cuz I was offered a job with another company that's giving me what I want, which is a company solo driver.

Anybody out there considering about going to England, I highly recommend looking somewhere else cuz I guarantee you'll regret it.

You are SO SO right J. I drove for them and I told my dispatcher, Safety Dept,one of the England boys, and Admin that my dispatcher kept me out FIVE WEEKS....I REPEAT FIVE WEEKS with excuses WHY he couldn't get me home. KEEP IN MIND, I was married and had 3 kids at that time. :O(. I inquired to ALL that this was SEVERLY against Company Policy and wanted help from SOMEBODY....ANYBODY to get home or hang my DM(BOB) up by his fingernails. I would of even settled for help from that fat,chunky,man with a gray beard that recru

arnoldjr2000

30 months ago

DAMN! Im heading to trucking school on Monday with Roadmaster in Fontana California. After viewing your comments on this blog you guys have me thinking maybe im looking at the wrong profession. Apparently after course completion they offer me choice of which company to work for do you guys have any suggestions for a new driver with little expierence?

MG in Los Angeles, California

30 months ago

U.S. Xpress Enterprises in Colton terminal. They take beginners. It's been a while since I've worked there so you may wont to inquire first.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

arnoldjr2000

30 months ago

Heard horror stories about them,any idea how much they pay i wanna stay local if i can.

Sam76 in Muncie, Indiana

27 months ago

I gave 4 weeks notice to Hiner Transport but VP of Hiner called me and told me dont come back.. VP used to be work for Perkins from Noblesvile,In. Lost alot of drivers over the yrs bec less miles,per diem,sometimes not getting vacations pay,no safetly bonus,no fuel bonus,and so much more. Dispatch are leaving too bec of low pay! i dont blame dispatch.. i lost 2 best dispatch ever... Hiner Transport used to be best till 4 yrs ago that everything went down. Every 3 yrs, Hiner get brand new trucks but this yr its not.. only used trucks.. Shop is terrible... it used to be great and fast but now only appts or other time.. worst part is they change speedometer to 64 bec of idle %. it used to be 68mph. if u are planning to go to hiner then dont! they will be out of business someday! its not worth it

Noneofya in Roanoke, Indiana

27 months ago

As for Sam76, A lot of the drivers are terrible, tear stuff up constantly and they expect the shop to have it fixed lickity split! Total BS! That stuff takes an enormous amount of hours to fix! Do you want to fix it? I would love to see that! Quit your wining about how the shop always screws up and your not at fault! What if you had to fix the trucks? Could you do any better? I bet not. You have no idea how much effort goes into maintaining the drivers trucks and not even a shred of appreciation. Do you have any idea what it takes to fix a truck with only a select number of parts? I do not understand why drivers have to constantly complain. Has always been this way. Think positive for gods sake.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

StopWhining in Huntersville, North Carolina

25 months ago

US Xpress is NOT a bad company to drive for. If you have tax issues and can prove you paid then there should be no issue with the IRS. All trucks are 2010 and newer and have state of the art on board computer and gps systems. Sound to me like you can't be too good at driving if you have enough time to sit and complain.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

amy taylor

25 months ago

totalpkge67 in Bear, Delaware said: If your looking for a good place to drive. Stay away from US Xpress Enterprises Inc. Out of Chattanooga,TN This was the worst company I have ever dealt with since starting my driving career. The Lease Program is the biggest SCAM in trucking. They advertise 07' trucks with 24 months of service. Most trucks have been on the road for more then 24 months and they don't even allow you to see a service record for the trucks. They keep you just busy enough to make your lease payment. They also, Make it almost impossible to get home. 2 times in over two months. But, Stay clear of this "Company". US Xpress Is A Joke, Scam, Rip Off company out there! My truck broke down 4 days into the lease! Then again 2 weeks later. A friend also driving for US Xpress. Had her truck for 2 months and it has been broken down almost once a week since signing her lease. Any questions? Reach out to me!

you are right,and forced dispatched,smartmouth fms,and planners can not plan their way out of a wet papersack

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

amy taylor

25 months ago

you are right,and forced dispatched,smartmouth fms,and planners can not plan their way out of a wet papersack

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Holly in Orem, Utah

16 months ago

Thanks for sharing your experience. My husband has worked for a few transportation companies in Minneapolis MN and we are moving to TN soon. I'm glad to know who to avoid if he looks for a new job. networklogisticsmanagement.com

cregg rushing in Enterprise, Alabama

15 months ago

Old driver in Charlotte, North Carolina said: All these trucking companies are scamming theses days, hope you the best. Something should be done about all this.

You are so right about that! how can this be over looked? Its not. Its organized crime made by people that change the rules for private profits.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

@crudejune in Chicago, Illinois

7 months ago

dieseltrucker69 in Kennett, Missouri said: most companies require it to be 3 years old you might try summit out of indiana... but as of jan 2011. all companies have to go thur CSA2010 to get your safety rating from DOT.. most companies are set up thur them now but a few hand full of companies are not. best bet is to try small companies that does not require DAC or CSA2010 just your dmv recori need d and after 2 years most insurance companies wll approve your record. hope this helps...

@ hey guys i need a little help finding a company thats willing to hire a driver that has a suspension on his record since 6/22/2011... i got it cleared 9/17/2013 but so far i been denied by Schneider Falcon and JBhunt... Im just getting my cdl today... email me info please

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.