Boom or bust?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

Are jobs in this industry on the rise? Are there any sub-sectors that are growing?

Where are the jobs? Which places have the most component engineer opportunities?

Reply - Report abuse

Prasad in Hyderabad, India

35 months ago

Even, i do have the same doubt. can anyone answer??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Brian Steeves in Denver, Colorado

34 months ago

I have been searching for a Component Engineering job anywhere is the US for the past 2 years. Recently, I found out what I was doing wrong and have been working at fixing it'

1. My resume MUST be tailored for EACH position for which I am applying.
2. I take the job description and copy it into WORDLE.COM which is a program which analyses the text which you have copied in, and prints out a WORD CLOUD which gives weighted importance to the words, and which shows you what is important to the person placing the ad. The bigger the word in the cloud, the more important it is. With this knowledge, you can easily tailor you resume for the position.
3. When I search for a CE position, I put the words Component Engineer in parentheses - "Component Engineer". This gets rid of all txhe unwanted other engineering jobs, which come up in profusion, because the search engines focus on the word ENGINEER and not the whole thing. You MUST put the Component Engineer in parentheses as shown above, to screen out all the garbage.
I searched for CE jobs today using this method and found 21 jobs wor which I can apply. Now I must rewrite my rersumes 21 times and send them off as appropriate, using thje 10-12 most important words in the ad for each positionj. I know that this is a lot of work, but the results are waht count.
Best of luck to anyone who reads this comment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.