Please include your name and the company you work for
1. Why did you choose computer engineering as your career?
2. Did you find it difficult when you were a student pursuing computer engineering as a career?
3. What are some of the day to day activities of a computer engineer?
4. What are the basic steps in trouble shooting a software system or software?
5. What steps are involved to perform maintenance of a software system?
6. Explain how you would set operational specifications, formulate and analyze software requirements?
7. What are the procedures to modify software to correct errors?
8. What are the procedures to design and develop a software system?
9. What are the steps involved to analyze information to determine, recommend and plan installation of a new system or modification of an existing system?
10. What are the procedures to monitor functioning of equipment to ensure system operates correctly, give example of equipments used?
11. How would you develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures?
12. What is a functional test software? How would you develop a functional test software, please give the steps involved?
13. What does the term shell scripting in a UNIX environment mean?
14. What are the top 3 skills every computer engineer must have to excel?
15. What does a top earner make in this field? What skills should you learn to increase your earning potential?
16. What do you enjoy most about being a computer engineer? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging?
17. What is the best training for becoming a computer engineer? What types of ongoing training or certifications are necessary to be an effective computer engineer?
18. What are typical computer engineer salaries?