Dear Ms. /Mr.
Hello my name is Ulises Morales, I am in the tenth grade and the students were given a project on different types of engineering; and part of that project is to interview an engineer. So I was hoping if you could answer some questions for me?
1) Give a brief description of your field of engineering (of your degree).
2) A description of your specific job.
3) An average day’s work schedule.
a. Amount of time spent on engineering.
b. Amount of time in meeting (s).
c. Amount of time used to contact other engineers.
d. Types of professionals/engineers you work with:
e. Amount of time working with computers.
f. Amount of time used in contact with technicians.
g. Are the types of people you work with enjoyable to work with?
h. Salary range for your field of engineering?
i. Do you do original design work? Explain.
4) Your career path from high school to your present position.
a. Chronological order of events e.g. courses, programs, mentors, etc.
b. What courses were the most helpful?
5) If you had it to do over what would you do different (if anything).
6) Advice you might want to pass on to a high school student thinking of entering your field of engineering.
Thank you for taking your time to answer my questions and helping me with my project; and have a nice day.
Note: I need them answered by Oct. 8 or Oct. 9 afternoon.