Seeking some sort of computer job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

richarda in Boston, Massachusetts

78 months ago

Currently I am unemployed.

I would like to get hired doing some kind of computer developing job. I have education with JavaScript, Microsoft Visual Basic, Oracle, ASP (which is now .NET) and HTML. The reason I am posting this message is because even though I have the education for these computer skills, no one wants to hire me because I don’t have WORKING EXPERIENCE with these skills.

Just to let you know, in the past, I was an IBM Mainframe Cobol computer programmer with 18 years experience. However, because Mainframe and Cobol has died out, my career basically came to an end. And so I went back to school, to try to keep my career alive by learning the computer skills I mentioned in the first paragraph.

However, even though I learned all those newer computer skills, it still hasn’t got me any job opportunities all because I don’t have the WORKING EXPERIENCE using them. Also, another reason that hurts me to get a computer job today is that now most American companies outsource the work to foreign countries.

So please if anyone knows of a computer job that I could really possibly have a chance to get hired on, let me know. If anyone out there can help me, I will send my resume upon request. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

-indeedhost in Austin, Texas

78 months ago

Hello RichardA, While we don't allow employers to post job opportunities in our forums, you may want to try using our search engine. Just type in job title, company, or keyword into the search field at the top of this page and click "Find Jobs". Best of luck with your search!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.