Questions about Concierge politics

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

pariapear in Los Angeles, California

71 months ago

Hello,

I am a student doing a study on the hotel business. My question is do concierge/ hotels make any deals with local restaurants /shops to refer them to guests as opposed to other businesses? or is it a personal preference of the concierge. I would believe that an agreement made with both places would really benefit both establishments. Such as if one hotel refers guests to a certain restaurants and the restaurant would offer special discounts or what not. I would really welcome any personally experiences and thoughts on this matter. Thank you so much for your time.

Kind regards,
Paria M

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Wendy in Miami, Florida

71 months ago

It is usual by personal preference...restaurants will invite us for dinner. If I like it I will suggest the restaurant. We also look for feedback from the guest if they enjoyed the food, service and ambiance, etc. If the restaurant changes the menu they will invite us again to make sure our guest will be happy with our suggestions;).

Concierge Guru in North Hollywood, California

65 months ago

pariapear in Los Angeles, California said: Hello,

I am a student doing a study on the hotel business. My question is do concierge/ hotels make any deals with local restaurants /shops to refer them to guests as opposed to other businesses? or is it a personal preference of the concierge. I would believe that an agreement made with both places would really benefit both establishments. Such as if one hotel refers guests to a certain restaurants and the restaurant would offer special discounts or what not. I would really welcome any personally experiences and thoughts on this matter. Thank you so much for your time.

Kind regards,
Paria M

a great way to do this is to contact your local chamber of commerce and from there you can have vendors (restaurants, salons,service providers)sign up for vendor contracts with your company. you guys can decide on a vendor rate (usually 10-15%)and at the end of the month they should send you a check for each client you referred to them.

shizzo in Honolulu, Hawaii

51 months ago

I worked at a 4 star hotel in Las Vegas. Company policy we would recommend in house restaurants, then sister properties and if the guest was not satisfied outside of our company. Many outside restaurants give incentives for recommending them to guests...we would recieve free dinners, gifts etc. But I personally would never recommend a restaurant to a guest that I wasn't fond of. If the guest had a terrible experience it looks poorly on me as well as my property.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.