Construction Project Management

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

Big Bob in Moab, Utah

91 months ago

Has ANYONE had a positive experience with AREOTEK,DICE,Thingamajig[sp] or their collective other posts boards? I have found Areotek to be deceitful, non responsive and just plain dishonest with their job posts and the way the work their leads.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Big Bob in Moab, Utah

91 months ago

this is a question that seem hidden. HOW DO YOU POST ON A PARTICULAR JOB THAT IS LISTED ON THE INDEED. I SEE DISCUSSION UNDER A POST BUT NOT HOW TO START ONE... HELP!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

PMP1 in Denver, Colorado

69 months ago

Big Bob in Moab, Utah said: Has ANYONE had a positive experience with AREOTEK,DICE,Thingamajig[sp] or their collective other posts boards? I have found Areotek to be deceitful, non responsive and just plain dishonest with their job posts and the way the work their leads.

I have not found them to be of any use at all

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

russell232 in Framingham, Massachusetts

64 months ago

Gary in Sudbury, Massachusetts said: Like to open up a dialoque with other professionals in this field.

Hi Gary:

I am an unemployed CM currently living in Framingham and looking for work in the metrowest area. My background is in larger, more complex building types with an emphasis in the commercial and institutional building types. I see some movement in the health care sector in terms of new construction but that is about it. I'm curious as to your take on the current situation.

rgaryhall in Glen Burnie, Maryland

64 months ago

russell232 in Framingham, Massachusetts said: Hi Gary:

I am an unemployed CM currently living in Framingham and looking for work in the metrowest area. My background is in larger, more complex building types with an emphasis in the commercial and institutional building types. I see some movement in the health care sector in terms of new construction but that is about it. I'm curious as to your take on the current situation.

I have switched disciplines to an earlier one in Int'l Contracts Management. While my heart belongs in PM, this pays the bills.

Gary

Chandrashekhar in Pune, India

59 months ago

Gary in Sudbury, Massachusetts said: Like to open up a dialoque with other professionals in this field.

Yes, I would be keen to interact with construction professioinals in USA seeking employment .I am a graduate professional civil engineer,63 yrs,exploring the job potential at Charlotte.Can any one help ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Chandrashekhar in Pune, India

59 months ago

rgaryhall in Glen Burnie, Maryland said: I have switched disciplines to an earlier one in Int'l Contracts Management. While my heart belongs in PM, this pays the bills.

Gary

I am interested in seeking employment at Charlotte,NC in contract Management discipline.Can any one help?

mike Donahue in Lawrenceville, Georgia

54 months ago

I have 34 years expierience in the residential construction industry as a superintendent, project manager and company owner. I also have a degree in construction manage ment from Kansas State University. If their is any one out ther who can help me with my job search, I would appreciate it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

dustin Phillips in Murrieta, California

53 months ago

Big Bob in Moab, Utah said: Has ANYONE had a positive experience with AREOTEK,DICE,Thingamajig[sp] or their collective other posts boards? I have found Areotek to be deceitful, non responsive and just plain dishonest with their job posts and the way the work their leads.

Yes you are 100% right its alot of B.S. on all these job POST, They tell you what you want to hear, They have no Idea about our trades, There is no personal interviews with Construction Personal, And dont pay no one any money to find you a job!!! They only get Paid if they get you a JOB

Big Bob

53 months ago

Some companies have a mandate to advertise positions,even if they don't exist.It has been my experience first, that HR [that includes headhunters] people are the least likely to know the requirements of a position. Second, HR people are required to talk to as many people as they can in order to show that they are being productive, no matter how useless. A recent discussion with a HR person [who bty was about 25yrs old and knew nothing about construction]couldn't even hold a conversation about building was making the decision about me. Deception from an employer or their HR dept is normal. Since most of these jobs do not exist or are not funded it matters little. In order to keep your sanity you have to look past all the nonsense. I have been looking for over 3 yrs now and have had to fall back on a position that I hate and may interfere with my passion---construction.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.