What are typical construction project manager salaries?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

Melissa Frydlo in Florence, Massachusetts

72 months ago

1. Classified advertisements and internet postings indicate that project managers earn salaries between 60k and 120k. The higher rates are granted to those with professional licenses and/ or specialized experience.

But don’t take my word for it. The market has the potential to change at alarming rates especially in this economy. Do your own research for construction project manager positions on the web and make note of the salary ranges and job descriptions for comparisons.

If you are currently employed in a PM position and looking to relocate, you will want to consider cost of living when establishing your numbers.

When negotiating; make sure you both are negotiating the same format for compensation by distinguishing the negotiating package. For example gross salary + benefits, hourly rate + benefits, or gross salary and benefits combined.

I believe that due to the current state of the economy and more specifically inflation, your Standard of Living will decrease if you move to a location with a higher cost of living. Please see calculator:swz.salary.com/costoflivingwizard/layoutscripts/coll_start.asp for what I am trying to explain. In order to maintain your standard of living if you are already employed, the new location will need to have a similar cost of living index rating.

2. A few skills to improve upon among others are cost estimating and scheduling, interpersonal skills and organizational skills, education in architecture, construction management, engineering or similar field, computer skills and specific software programs which are indicated in the advertisements.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.