Finding a copy editing job

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Rissa406 in Iron River, Michigan

71 months ago

I'm going to school to prepare for a copy editing job and really want to copy edit for a book publishing company. Where should I look?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Joy Matkowski in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania

71 months ago

If I were you, I'd apply by e-mail to publishers whose books interested me, and I'd emphasize my undergraduate background. For example, if you majored in math, find publishers of math textbooks and tell them about yourself. You will not get a high percentage of replies; those you receive will probably be from production editors and will ask you to take a copyediting test.

Sometimes people in the LinkedIn book-publishing group post help-wanted ads. Join; it's free.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

KD in Las Vegas, Nevada

68 months ago

Rissa406 in Iron River, Michigan said: I'm going to school to prepare for a copy editing job and really want to copy edit for a book publishing company. Where should I look?

Hi there! I am looking to change careers and recently have been thinking about becoming a copy editor. I was just wondering what classes you are taking to help you prepare for this field of work? Also what kind of degree are you working towards? Please email me at kdmb_1990@yahoo.com. Thank you.

mj in Sparks, Nevada

67 months ago

Rissa406 in Iron River, Michigan said: I'm going to school to prepare for a copy editing job and really want to copy edit for a book publishing company. Where should I look?

This is something I'm thinking of doing as well but other than taking a full curriculum in journalism, I was wondering if there was another way to study/prepare for this type of career? Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks...

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.