Freelance copy editing

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Eric Hamilton in Youngstown, Ohio

87 months ago

I am a freelance copy editor and I just got my Web site online. I have 10 years experience editng copy for newspapers and i have written for some of the largest newspapers in the country, including the Boston Globe, Sacramento Bee, Cleveland Plain Dealer and more.

I am seeking editing work - small one-time projects or regular projects. Visit my site at www.edityourcopy.com. My rates are negotiable.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Tamara in Salt Lake City, Utah

73 months ago

Eric, I'm sorry to say - you need an editor! Check your caps and your punctuation before submitting something online that millions of people will read, possibly everyday. I also am a copyeditor, though my experience comes from children's literature and young adult/adult fiction. Good luck to you. Tamara, from Salt Lake City

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Ryan in Chicago, Illinois

68 months ago

This is amazing. What on Earth would possess you to put out a call for COPY EDITING work that contained TONS of errors in the advertisement itself. There is no chance a professional copy editor would commit such senseless and rudimentary errors like basic capitalization and spelling. I suspect you are lying about your qualifications. I mean come on, it doesn't take a professional copy editor to not misspell things! A big red line shows up underneath the word to tell you it's wrong!

I think it's wonderfully ironic that the word you misspelled was "editng."

Also, you clearly have no clue how to use a comma.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

none in Yonkers, New York

65 months ago

Everyone makes mistakes - e.g., Tamara, you meant "every day" (noun phrase), not "everyday" (adjective). But you folks are right in that this isn't the most impressive display of credentials, and hopefully Mr. Hamilton will learn to be more vigilant.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dbt in Duluth, Georgia

36 months ago

Poor Eric.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.