Corrections Officer Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (612) - Start a Discussion

Sg22 in El Dorado Hills, California

Updated 6 months ago

CDCR April 2015 Academy - 4 Replies

Starting a New Discussion for those of us still waiting our academy dates....GOOD LUCK GUYS!!!

JanuaryChantel in Newark, New Jersey

Updated 6 months ago

Show me the money... - 272 Replies

What are typical corrections officer salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this...

Adam

What to excpect now after passing background investigation.

anyone let me know what to expect from the Written Peace Officer Psychological and Vision Screening. What should I prepare for? Do I get drug...

Jeffjmarra in Utica, New York

Updated 6 months ago

Ny corrections - 2 Replies

I report for the 3/7 academy not 2/7 , typo ,

Jwelch504

Correctional

Any word on when CO classes will start in Connecticut

Sev

Ny corrections

Just got the call for the 2/7 Albany academy, scored a 90 and about 27 wks post 1 on 1,,,,,,,

blng_blng in Huntington Beach, California

1/2 on a hotel room the day before the academy...

March academy... I am in SoCal...

Mike Lova

NYS corrections officer interview grooming questions

I received my nys corrections officer packet in the mail today and I go on the 25th of Feb for my medical/agility and my interview. I know I have to...

Mike Lova

Updated 6 months ago

Grooming questions for interview. - 1 Reply

I received my nys corrections officer packet in the mail today and I go on the 25th of Feb for my medical/agility and my interview. I know I have to...

Sev

Nys corrections

Does anyone know when the next round of calls might be goin out or when the next academy might start (scored a 90 and 1on 1 was Late August ) still...

Sev

Nys corrections

Does anyone know when the next round of calls might be goin out or when the next academy might start (scored a 90 and 1on 1 was Late August ) still...

Anyone in SoCal going to the March academy?

Trying to collaborate

Opssup in Visalia, California

Updated 6 months ago

Cdcr - 3 Replies

Does anyone one if you don't pass your oral with the psychologist how long does it take them to tell you didn't pass just curious.

Who lives in SoCal & is going to the March CDCR academy?

I got CIM We could car pool up there, train together and/or generally help each other out...

Chiefalc in Sacramento, California

Updated 6 months ago

Pft - 4 Replies

Ok so I have to take the PFT in two weeks! I'm overweight but I've been training a bit and can do the distance today in 4:15 seconds! On a incline of...

bb204 in Essex, Maryland

Written Exam

Hi I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the written exam is like(especially the math portion)? I was sent an email saying that I met the...

jkaur in San Jose, California

Updated 7 months ago

juvenile/probation officer exam - 10 Replies

Has anyone taken this exam in Georgia? I have to take it on Thursday and just wanted to know what to expect. I'm not a psychology or criminal justice...

Jorge Olveda in Santa Ana, California

Updated 7 months ago

CDCR YCC & YCO Academy January 25th, 2016 - 373 Replies

Hello future cadets! Lets keep all updated info for us Youth Correction Officers and Youth Correction Counselors on this forum. Looking forward to...

Wifey in Carmichael in California

Updated 7 months ago

CDCR FEB 2015 Academy - 1106 Replies

Hopefully we all get in!

Baylet in Fresno, California

Updated 7 months ago

failed the psychological interview for ca. correction, has anyone ever failed it and took a second - 14 Replies

Has anyone failed the psychological interview and paid for a second one on their own.? What are my chances of passing the second one and does anyone...

Sg22 in Rocklin, California

Updated 7 months ago

Just finished my first week. Any questions just ask. - 7 Replies

Let me know if I can help.

R1rudy in visalia, California

Updated 7 months ago

CdCr written exam - 108 Replies

I take the written exam for cdcr in September so can somebody tell me how hard it is ???

CDCR16

Updated 7 months ago

Questions for people who already graduated the academy! - 15 Replies

This forum helped me a lot. If anyone has any questions regarding the academy, just ask here and I'll answer them.

Running1987 in Springfield, Massachusetts

NY State Corrections

Thinking of applying for the exam coming up in April. Wondering if it is worth it. Passed up a CO job in my state a few year's back for a job...

geeettt in visa, California

Updated 8 months ago

Divorce and Academy - 3 Replies

My wife wants to file for divorce, I've cleared the entire process and awaiting institution, does anyone know how this will effect the process? I was...

dt in Brooklyn, New York

Updated 8 months ago

Nys Correction officer hiring process. - 1 Reply

I took the nys corrections officer trainee exam in Jan. 2015 and just got my canvas letter today, Dec. 23rd 2015. My question is how after I send...

Jason88 in Carson, California

Updated 8 months ago

Cdcr December (15th?) 2015 academy - 1230 Replies

First offers will probably go out last week or two of october. Academy pay and start pay is higher. Used to be 17.61/hr academy now it's 18.30/hr...

Khina C in Jacksonville, Florida

Correction officer

How long does the canvas take

Khina C in Jacksonville, Florida

Corrections

How long does it take for them to do a canvas

Updated 8 months ago

December 2014 - Academy Uniform - 1 Reply

So where I'm from (Paso Robles) the lady at the uniform shop said that 5.11 pants were approved for the uniform. Information per Sacramento. Anyone...

Updated 8 months ago

Correction Uniforms and Supplies - 3 Replies

We should start a thread that we can keep going that will help others find cheap or nearby places in their areas regarding where they can find the...

Updated 8 months ago

CDCR Oral POPE - 58 Replies

Hello there. This is my first time posting- so bear with me. I finally completed my Oral POPE on 9/17/15. I was wondering how long until I am...

M in Hesperia, California

Updated 8 months ago

CDCR - 1 Reply

I just took written exam for CO. It's my second try. About 8 years ago I was dq'ed for negative police contact. The investigator told me to reapply...

Mp584 in Fontana, California

Updated 8 months ago

Helping getting stuff for academy. - 1 Reply

I'm in Modesto and the store here ran out of the key holder (which I know you can order it from academy store on that paper you need to fax them) but...

Mike Lova

This is my second post. Please need answers so i can be prepared.

Took the 2015 nys corrections officer trainee exam and just got my canvas letter last week. I see people post that they had their agility/medical/and...

AInz in Ca, California

Updated 8 months ago

CDCR Academy November 17th, 2015 - 1023 Replies

First offers will probably go out September 28th. Academy pay and start pay is higher. Used to be 17.61/hr academy now it's 18.30/hr academy. Post...

neling

Correctional officer in Alaska

So I'm just looking to see if there's anyone else here that have applied in Alaska. I have already passed the psych written and Background. Just had...

Packer209 in California

People in the January 19rh academy

Let have this discussion so we can help people with what they need to get done for the academy and any other questions we have to help one another

Charter Customer Service Phone Number in New York, California

Charter Customer Service

Charter Customer service now providing email, Internet service provider for Charter users. Now Charter user can call us for fix charter email related...

Packer209 in California

Updated 8 months ago

Just got my offer today. - 3 Replies

Received my offer today. Mule creek. Super excited.

Jane Good in San diego, California

Updated 8 months ago

CDCR January 2016 Academy- Corrections - 10 Replies

Started new forum for January academy.. Cleared pope 9/9/15 with a 75 no vet points. My preferred institutions are PVSP ASP WSP COR and KVSP

terea in Austin, Texas

Getting for the academy

What will my husband need for his academy? Other than his uniform?

gglulu in Antelope, California

Updated 8 months ago

CDCR June Acadamy 2011 - 16036 Replies

Anyone else waiting?

Jane Good in San diego, California

Updated 8 months ago

the wait - 1 Reply

I'm done with everything just waiting to see the psych cleared me

Tenisha in Staten Island, New York

Updated 9 months ago

Oral Psych - 5 Replies

Question I had my oral psychological today i was in there for about 25-30 mins.Do i have to be worried t the end all he asked me my address/phone#and...

ahuggs in Dallas, Texas

Updated 9 months ago

Correction Officers Union - 2 Replies

If you are looking for a union for corrections oficers please look at www.ugsoa.com

Solito in Langhorne, Pennsylvania

Correction officer maximum age in PA.

What is the maximum age allowed for a corrections officer I am 47. I have a BA in Business Management and I am female. Am I to old ?

Jacquie in Brooklyn, New York

Updated 9 months ago

what to expect from NYC DAS Corrections orientation? - 1 Reply

I go to orientation in two weeks. I just want to know what to expect. Is this the interview or just an infomation briefing? How long will I be there...

MattR in California

Updated 9 months ago

CDCR DEC 15, 2015 - 14 Replies

Congrats to every one getting offers for November!! Since there's an academy for December 15 2015 lets start this up!

The Chosen 1 in Tracy, California

Updated 9 months ago

December 2015 academy!!! HELP - 1 Reply

I scheduled to leave for the academy on December 15 2015 but they haven't called me for the PHU update and it's been 2 weeks since I left two voice...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.