Corrections Officer Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (697) - Start a Discussion

eg4ward in Rancho Cordova, California

Updated 6 months ago

Age requirements for cdc - 1 Reply

Is theee a maximum age requirement for hiring in department of corrections?

SD1989 in San diego, California

Updated 6 months ago

CDCR EXAM ID'S STARTING WITH 5 - 2 Replies

Hey guys, i am trying to see how the flow is going with all of us that start with 5's. i have my medical this upcoming Tuesday and just wanted some...

Jdogg1206 in Liverpool, New York

Phone call

I just saw that I missed a call on our house phone from Albany. Does anyone know if they would leave a message or if they call your cell phone. We...

Kingibrah760 in Palm Desert, California

Updated 7 months ago

Riverside County Sheriff's Department Correctional Deputy/DS - 1 Reply

Anyone in the process with RSD for the position of Sheriff's Deputy Trainee or Correctional Deputy? I applied 03/30/14, took the written exam...

Lay Lay in Jamaica, New York

Updated 7 months ago

Psychological Interview - 1 Reply

Good evening to everyone on this forum. I'm new to this wanted to ask about Psych interview. I had my interview today in Fresno, CA and it's seemed...

20 yrs in corrections in Summerfield, Florida

Updated 7 months ago

Have been arrested can this Jam me up? - 7 Replies

I am 34 years old and i was arrested when i was 19 Years old have not been in trouble since then. It was Dismissed and sealed does this stop me from...

John Doe in Marquette, Michigan

Updated 7 months ago

CDCR DRUG TEST - 18 Replies

For those of you that have gone through the process already, how did they drug test you and how many times?? Was it just a urine drug test or was it...

Joey Miller in Albany, New York

Speeding Tickets

Advice needed- Will 5 speeding tickets disqualify me ? I have gotten them over the past 7 years, about one a year. All were reduced to parking...

eg4ward in Rancho Cordova, California

Updated 8 months ago

2017 Academy - 3 Replies

Hey everyone, I go on the hiring list on 11/30/16, I scored a 90. does annyone have a good idea of how the rest of this process is gonna go?

JMaldonado in Visalia, California

Updated 8 months ago

Oral Peace Officer Psychological Evaluation (POPE) (Pass/Fail) - 214 Replies

Has anyone taken this evaluation for the CDCR lately? I was wondering what is needed to prepare for this or what kind of questions are asked. I...

ChrisShoe in Union City, California

Updated 8 months ago

CDCR November, 30 2016 - 16 Replies

Just got cleared 9/8/2016 and expire 1/31/2016 with a score of 75.. Does anyone know how long will it take for me to get an offer or in the same...

Onetime in California

Updated 8 months ago

Prop 57 - 8 Replies

Does anyone know or have an idea if cdcr is going to stop hiring applicants due to the passage of prop 57?

Aw in California

Nevada dep of corrections

I just finished my physical for the corrections officer job for nevada dep of correction. I received a email from the recruiter saying i was put on a...

Es22 in Monterey Park, California

Updated 8 months ago

Written exam 09/13/2016 - 5 Replies

Hello everyone, I took my written exam 09/13/2016 in Rancho Cucomonga, just figured I'd start a thread for those of us who did so we can...

Chris247 in Brooklyn, New York

Updated 8 months ago

nys correctional officer - 3 Replies

I completed the physical, agility, Psychological exam i am scheduled psychological interview what happens after that

KC2OBW in WAPPINGERS FALLS, New York

Updated 8 months ago

NY State Corrections - 1 Reply

Hey Everyone, I got a 75 on the most recent CO exam, I would really like to know what are the chances of me getting in?. Its better then getting a...

gb1884 in Visalia, California

Updated 8 months ago

CDCR Graduates Q&A - 7 Replies

A place for CDCR applicants to ask questions to CDCR graduates

eg4ward in Sacramento, California

Updated 8 months ago

Jan 17th 2017 academy. - 4 Replies

Hopefully 5s can get in to this one, even though there's about 600 9s left. Post here if your waiting just like me!!!! hahah

Kimmy in Hollister, California

Updated 8 months ago

CDCR POPE, MEDICAL - 32 Replies

So it has been exactly 2 months today since I had my psychological evaluation and I have still yet to receive an email confirmation that I passed all...

Curious 1 in Visalia, California

Updated 9 months ago

CDCR October 2016 Academy - 2 Replies

My husband just started the October 2016 Academy. He got offered Susanville (High Desert). Anyone looking to switch prisons? Anything in the Central...

Portcity in Stockton, California

Updated 9 months ago

CDCR October 2016 Academy - 807 Replies

Looks like the master schedule was updated this morning so let's get this started. The offers going out for this academy will most likely be from the...

kristine1001 in Fresno, California

Updated 9 months ago

CDCR applicants with a 9s - 30 Replies

Hey this is my first time starting a discussion, I'm doing this to give us an idea how many candidates are out there with a apllication starting with...

Mannysillas in El centro, California

Updated 9 months ago

CDCR - Application Process - 4 Replies

So... I've been reading these forums constantly. Even the ones dated 79 months ago.. I know that every application is different in terms of waiting....

the42cop in Washington

Updated 9 months ago

Top corrections officer skills needed to get the job. - 6 Replies

What are the top 3 traits or skills every corrections officer must have to excel? Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your corrections...

alexz11b in Hayward, California

Former CDCR C/O selling gear

Good Evening future CDCR Cadets, Well I used to work for CDCR out of San Quentin. I left earlier this year and got into another agency. Well if...

Wifey in Carmichael in California

Updated 9 months ago

cdcr 2014 applicants - 2256 Replies

I want to know 2014 cdcr applicants process so far. Is it going smoothly for you guys. Heres my process: March 27th,2014 Application...

Jsanche in La Puente, California

Updated 9 months ago

CDCR August 2016 Academy - 1436 Replies

I believe all the July offers are sent out and accepted. So let's hope for August!

Phillip25 in Fresno, California

Oral Pschy Doctors.

Hey everyone just got the email saying I have Dr. Elisabeth King in Fresno area has anyone had her? What were your thoughts on her?

Summer22 in California

Updated 9 months ago

Wardens Letter - 10 Replies

Does anyone waiting for an academy have a wardens request?

AllThingsArePossible in Santa Cruz, California

Updated 9 months ago

CDCR May 2016 Academy - 1461 Replies

For those that are still waiting to receive an offer, please list the date you cleared and score. Cleared 10/26/15 Score 75

geeettt in usa, California

cdcr cadet killer test

For those who took it, any input?

Cro86 in San Jose, California

Updated 10 months ago

CDCR YCC & YCO Academy January 25th, 2016 - 380 Replies

Hello future cadets! Lets keep all updated info for us Youth Correction Officers and Youth Correction Counselors on this forum. Looking forward to...

eDoral in Vacaville, California

Updated 10 months ago

Correctional officer - 3 Replies

Applied in May 2016 Written exam 6/13/2016 Physical fitness test 7/26/2016 (passed) Turned in my phs and other forms My question: are there...

Updated 10 months ago

CDCR April 2016 Academy - 568 Replies

Lets try this again!!! For those of us Waiting for an appointment with the CDCR Academy....Good Luck to all!

Vinjam831 in Salinas, California

Updated 10 months ago

CDCR Declined job offered - 51 Replies

So I declined my first offered. Anybody on the same boat? Or got their second offer? How long is it going to take? Is there a number?

Updated 11 months ago

cdcr warden request - 10 Replies

Has anyone put in a wardens request letter, who do you send the letter to after receiving it from the warden?

Kristen ks3029 in Carlisle, Pennsylvania

PA State Corrections officer trainee

After going on your first interview before the panel, if asked to return for a second interview or if you were hired, how long did it take to be...

Wondering... in Stockton, California

Anxiety medication

I am prescribed lorazepam through a physiologist, I was wondering if anyone knows if this will disqualify me. Taking my written on the 22nd this...

Pizzafan in Covina, California

Updated 11 months ago

cmc trade for Corcoran or satf - 3 Replies

Been on the coast for about 6 months but it's not home I'm looking for a 1 for 1 transfer I'll give you c.m.c for satf

agomez403 in Crescent City, California

Crash pad blythe,ca

my name is alex gomez im transferring from PBSP to CVSP in a couple weeks, looking for a crash pad in blythe! please contact me asap

Omar66 in Delano, California

August Academy Cadets. (CCC Susanville)

Does anybody have any info on the prison? Like vanpools? What city do they have vanpools outside of susanville and avg cost? Apartments or houses for...

Jesus Castellanos in Norwalk, California

Does anyone know any good "psychological doctors in La. ?

I got an email saying that I was Dq and I have 90 days to dispute & I'm currently looking for a good psychological that can help me out for a good...

Vinjam831 in San Jose, California

Updated 12 months ago

CDCR 2015-16 Cleared waiting for Offer! - 60 Replies

Starting up sometime new. area for all who have cleared and awaiting for offer email.. cleared 1/12/16 score 85...

AsiaBrown491 in New York, New York

Updated 12 months ago

Oral Interview - 237 Replies

I'm taking my Oral Interview 4-1-08 in the State of Michigan. How long does the interview last? I was told about 2 hours? I am currently studing...

Mandy11 in Blythe, California

Updated 12 months ago

CDCR MARCH 15, 2016 ACADEMY! - 733 Replies

Starting a new thread for all of us hopeful for an academy this year. This is the next official academy scheduled for this year after January and...

Vinny in Providence, Rhode Island

Nysdoccs academy supply list

I got the call to go to the academy on august 8th. Im trying to find out what i need to buy and bring. I havent gotten the packet stating everything...

geeettt in Porterville, California

Updated 12 months ago

How to get a warden request - 1 Reply

Can anyone tell us how we could ask for a warden request?, or how a warden request works.

Angus45 in Corona, California

Updated 12 months ago

Awaiting POPE Clearance only - 5 Replies

Had my POPE 3/29/16 (northern section). I am awaiting clearance. Post here to share your POPE interview date and updates.

Angeon in Los Angeles, California

WAITING FOR CLEARENCE

Hey guys, this Thursday will be 10 weeks since my final interview. How much longer do you think I could wait to be cleared? And do you guys have any...

geeettt in Porterville, California

Updated 12 months ago

personal history statement - 1 Reply

I was wondering on phs checklist do you initial all boxes even if some are not applicable to u such as military or leave blank

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.