CDCR, I just passed my written in fresno. June academy a go

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (15)

Crystal- arroyo grande in Portland, Oregon

37 months ago

I just passed my written. They told us not to listen to rumors and there will be a June 2012 academy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Crystal- arroyo grande in Portland, Oregon

37 months ago

Edit! July!! Sorry guys I mean July

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jg

37 months ago

Crystal- arroyo grande in Portland, Oregon said: I just passed my written. They told us not to listen to rumors and there will be a June 2012 academy.

so was it hard, how many questions were there, and what was your score? Congratulations

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Crystal- arroyo grande in Arroyo Grande, California

37 months ago

jg said: so was it hard, how many questions were there, and what was your score? Congratulations

Not hard! The math was honest to God the easiest part! Adding and subtracting only! 76 questions. It is the exact questions as on the sample test so you will def pass! There were some super tuff looking guys that would be great with this career but they couldn't pass the written so i guess it's not that easy. I'm female lol just for those of you calling me man.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jg

37 months ago

Crystal- arroyo grande in Arroyo Grande, California said: Not hard! The math was honest to God the easiest part! Adding and subtracting only! 76 questions. It is the exact questions as on the sample test so you will def pass! There were some super tuff looking guys that would be great with this career but they couldn't pass the written so i guess it's not that easy. I'm female lol just for those of you calling me man.

well i hope i could pass it im a guy i wouldn't say to tuff looking. but thanks for the advise i will go on the 18th. i have passed the border patrol agent one last year. i just hope i could pass this one, so it was just 76 questions? thanks

knerd in Los Angeles, California

36 months ago

Wow sounds easy. How long after you take the test do you find out if you passed?

36 months ago

jg said: well i hope i could pass it im a guy i wouldn't say to tuff looking. but thanks for the advise i will go on the 18th. i have passed the border patrol agent one last year. i just hope i could pass this one, so it was just 76 questions? thanks

How did it go???!

36 months ago

knerd in Los Angeles, California said: Wow sounds easy. How long after you take the test do you find out if you passed?

The same day you take it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

hmtcrxsir in San Jose, California

36 months ago

did you take Written Psychological Exam on the same day as well?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joser26 in Bakersfield, California

36 months ago

Hello guys I don't mean to put anyone down but CDCR is not the best place to look for a career at the moment. There is too many cuts and insecurities going on at CDCR at the moment. Word is CO's with less than 5 years in might get laid off. I have a cousin that works in Chowchilla and he said October is gonna be judgment day for a lot of young CO's. They are also tryna mess with their retirement packages which made the job even more desirable. CDCR is not what it use to be, at least not right now, I don't think it is a good idea working at a place where everyday you go to work you are in fear of cuts or getting laid off or working 3 years and then be forced to resign or get laid off...Its just my point of view...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Curious in Bakersfield, California

31 months ago

I was jus did my pre-interview 3wks-ago N I jus heard today bout a huge layoff for Ca. Which questions me to think why R they putting so much finance & time into bringing newbies in.

Spc in Ontario, California

30 months ago

Curious in Bakersfield, California said: I was jus did my pre-interview 3wks-ago N I jus heard today bout a huge layoff for Ca. Which questions me to think why R they putting so much finance & time into bringing newbies in.

The reason why they are bringing in newbies is because it Will be cheaper for the state. the newbies aren't going to have the same retirement and benefits as the CO use to get plus alot of COs jumped ship and they also bought out alot of COs that were close to retirement so they need to fill in those slots.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CO waiting in Bakersfield, California

30 months ago

Spc in Ontario, California said: The reason why they are bringing in newbies is because it Will be cheaper for the state. the newbies aren't going to have the same retirement and benefits as the CO use to get plus alot of COs jumped ship and they also bought out alot of COs that were close to retirement so they need to fill in those slots.

Jus what I thought.. Though still wondering if there will be an academy for 2012? Thankxx 4 your reply btw

pete in Ontario, California

30 months ago

Crystal- arroyo grande in Portland, Oregon said: I just passed my written. They told us not to listen to rumors and there will be a June 2012 academy.

Was that just "opinion" or "fact"? Pretty cool if it was fact.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

K in CT in New Britain, Connecticut

29 months ago

You have to know this the time where you need to stick into any Gov job because it is tough out here, get the experience forget how much you would make. I think there is academy in July 2012. they started reviewing the Depts needs at 4/12. soon you will call for assignment and then the medical exams.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.