Corretional Officer Training

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (23)

Janet in Baltimore, Maryland

77 months ago

I want to work for baltimore city as a correctional officer. i wanted to know does anyone know where the 6 week training will be because i do not have a car.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (45) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Jerrold R Thompson in Denver, Colorado

77 months ago

Try the city building

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

ofc hopkins in Catonsville, Maryland

73 months ago

Janet in Baltimore, Maryland said: I want to work for baltimore city as a correctional officer. i wanted to know does anyone know where the 6 week training will be because i do not have a car.

it will be out sykesville hun
i kno ben there done that
xoxo
be safe

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Sabrina in La Follette, Tennessee

73 months ago

I am taking my test sept. 10th and if i pass will be working in scott county as a corrections officer. they told me i'd get to go to the police acad. would that be walter state?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Brandy in Baltimore, Maryland

45 months ago

I just wanted to see if anyone took the baltimore city correctional written exam about 6-7 weeks and received a placement letter, or any letter. I was told the test results take about 6-8 weeks for results. Is this true.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

SexyTee in Atlanta, Georgia

44 months ago

Brandy in Baltimore, Maryland said: I just wanted to see if anyone took the baltimore city correctional written exam about 6-7 weeks and received a placement letter, or any letter. I was told the test results take about 6-8 weeks for results. Is this true.

Yes! I took the test on the 30th of november n I just got a letter 2day. 1/8/11...which was a couple day eariler than the 6week mark Girl I was counting. They didn't tell me if I was quilified least or best but it say to schedule a interview n a application was attached with a lot of extra questions n that I had been selected so I can only assume that meant best quilfied. I think I just got the letter 1st n the scores r late...idk but the letter was god enough for me..oh yeah it tells you how much you'll make a yr....well...good luck to you hope u hear something soon

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Brandy in Baltimore, Maryland

44 months ago

I have not been on my computer in a while but i did receive that same letter and two days later i received my score or my placement. I had an interview on the 3rd of this month. I think it went good. The investigation part was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. But the lady there did say that it may take 5-6 months after the interview date to past the interview and the investigator and then the background check and pysc test then finally the medical test. Thats a long time I hoping i would take that long..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nigera in Catonsville, Maryland

37 months ago

ofc hopkins in Catonsville, Maryland said: it will be out sykesville hun
i kno ben there done that
xoxo
be safe

hi i am going through the process now is it true that it still take five to six moths after the interview to know if they will hire u thnks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

nigera in Catonsville, Maryland

37 months ago

Brandy in Baltimore, Maryland said: I have not been on my computer in a while but i did receive that same letter and two days later i received my score or my placement. I had an interview on the 3rd of this month. I think it went good. The investigation part was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. But the lady there did say that it may take 5-6 months after the interview date to past the interview and the investigator and then the background check and pysc test then finally the medical test. Thats a long time I hoping i would take that long..

hi just wanted to know if u have fiished ur process with them and have u started i just went through the process and wanted to know how lon it would take i heard they make the process really hard now to get in is this true thamks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

nigera07 in Baltimore, Maryland

35 months ago

Hi has any one been hired recently in Baltimore city corrections

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

manderrz in Baltimore, Maryland

32 months ago

I am going to take the test next weekend & i was wondering what kinda stuff is on it? & it says about 5 hrs long, is it real hard??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kool in Elkridge, Maryland

32 months ago

No the test is not hard i just took it this week. U just need to pay attention to the videos....Im waiting to get my scores back they said I will not recieve them til March (-_-)but I didnt know that it will take 5-6 months waiting again after the interview to get hired

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ShyGirl in Baltimore, Maryland

31 months ago

Nicole in Baltimore, Maryland said: My daughter wants to work in the Baltimore City as a correctional officer. She is gonnal start the process this week and take the test on Reisterstown Road. Does anyone know how long the whole process takes and should she look for a lil part time job until then??

It is an extremely long process, I took the test in May '11 and was best qualified and I have just been placed.....I start this week

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nicole in Baltimore, Maryland

31 months ago

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Thank you for answering my question. Good luck with your career.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

retired correctional officer in Baltimore, Maryland

29 months ago

I worked as a female correctional officer for a little over 20 years. Anyone applying for this position, think twice. Money is not everything, I know it is a good salary but the stress level is awful. You have to take crap from the inmates, your fellow officers, and the administration who dont care about you. They only care about filling a post. If I had to start all over again, corrections would not be the answer. I stayed there that long because once you get in, its hard to find another job paying that amount of money. You cant trust your fellow officer because most of them are working for the inmates bringing in contraband. Oh yea, inmates constantly throw body waste on correctional officers that dont comply with what they want. Thank God I was considered an older lady and they showed me alot of respect because of my age. Just be carefull, its not what you think it is.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

TARRIA in Waldorf, Maryland

28 months ago

ShyGirl in Baltimore, Maryland said: It is an extremely long process, I took the test in May '11 and was best qualified and I have just been placed.....I start this week

DAMN IT TAKES A WHOLE YEAR??!! THIS IS THE WORST PROCESS I HAVE EVER TAKEN FOR AN CORRECTIONAL EXAM. THIS MAKES NO DAMN SENSE AT ALL I PROMISE LMAO. I HAD GOTTEN MY RESULTS AND MY LETTER FOR INTERVIEW AT THE SAME TIME. IM WAITING ON MY INTERVIEW THIS MONTH. SO DO U TAKE ALL THE TESTS IN ONE DAY AS FAR AS THE PSYCHOLOGICAL AND EVERYTHING ON THE INTERVIEW DAY? HOW LONG DID YOU HAV TO WAIT TO GET INTO THE TRAINING AND WHAT ARE THE PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS SUCH AS THE RUN? PUSHUPS? CAUSE THEY DONT POST ANY OF THAT. I KNOW IT CANT BE WORSE THEN MILITARY BOOTCAMP

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

MSUDiva in Newark, New Jersey

27 months ago

TARRIA in Waldorf, Maryland said: DAMN IT TAKES A WHOLE YEAR??!! THIS IS THE WORST PROCESS I HAVE EVER TAKEN FOR AN CORRECTIONAL EXAM. THIS MAKES NO DAMN SENSE AT ALL I PROMISE LMAO. I HAD GOTTEN MY RESULTS AND MY LETTER FOR INTERVIEW AT THE SAME TIME. IM WAITING ON MY INTERVIEW THIS MONTH. SO DO U TAKE ALL THE TESTS IN ONE DAY AS FAR AS THE PSYCHOLOGICAL AND EVERYTHING ON THE INTERVIEW DAY? HOW LONG DID YOU HAV TO WAIT TO GET INTO THE TRAINING AND WHAT ARE THE PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS SUCH AS THE RUN? PUSHUPS? CAUSE THEY DONT POST ANY OF THAT. I KNOW IT CANT BE WORSE THEN MILITARY BOOTCAMP

you meet with an investigator, fill out some paper work and get fingerprinted. then after that you have to wait a few more months to get another letter. this is an extremely long process. im going through the process as we speak

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ms.v in Waldorf, Maryland

27 months ago

i just met with the investigator however i thought it was an interview it felt like an interrogation it was a mess. the guy wasnt pleasant at all. which one did u apply to? they said if u dont hear from them in basically 4 months then they dont want you im like wow thats ignorant after all that waiting in the beginning they should have ran or called ur references already. im like it is what it is if they call me back cool if not i have no problem with that cause it was very rude

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ms.v in Waldorf, Maryland

27 months ago

MSUDiva in Newark, New Jersey said: you meet with an investigator, fill out some paper work and get fingerprinted. then after that you have to wait a few more months to get another letter. this is an extremely long process. im going through the process as we speak

i just met with the investigator however i thought it was an interview it felt like an interrogation it was a mess. the guy wasnt pleasant at all. which one did u apply to? they said if u dont hear from them in basically 4 months then they dont want you im like wow thats ignorant after all that waiting in the beginning they should have ran or called ur references already. im like it is what it is if they call me back cool if not i have no problem with that cause it was very rude

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nicole in Baltimore, Maryland

27 months ago

That is so rude!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ms.v in Waldorf, Maryland

27 months ago

Nicole in Baltimore, Maryland said: That is so rude!!!!

ms nicole it was actually the one in reisterstown. how was ur daughters experience. when i first got there i was being hit on by one of their employees i didnt even know he was an employee cause i was standing outside waiting on the to do the interviews than the guy walked up to me flirting then i knew he was employee cause he was in the building later and still flirting i was pissed. they were just unprofessional as hell. their main issues were that they wanted people to push their chairs in they made big issues of chairs when there were only like 5 people in there to be seen. meaning they dont like to do their job or any extra with chairs just dumb acting the silliest i have ever seen. im very qualified so i would be surprised if i dont get called back however i wont mind it it would actually be a first for me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nicole in Baltimore, Maryland

27 months ago

Thanks for asking about my daughter. She actually changed her mind about the whole thing. She went to TESST College and graduated from there as a medical assistant. She works for Johns Hopkins and is very happy there. They started her out at $15 an hour. I told her thats pretty darn good for her first job and being 20 years old. She also has excellent benefits too. I hope everything goes your way and you are happy with your job as well. Let me know what happens. TTYL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

scorpio in Dundalk, Maryland

14 months ago

Question,since many here know and been through it apparently, I got accepted and am waiting for a date for the 6 week academy training for the CO1 position in Baltimore md. Now the paper says pushups, situps, dummy drag, kettle bell weights, is there any more to it? Also is there a specific amount in x amount of time you gotta do? cause it doesn't specify it like police test does? I am just worried cause I literally suck at pushups and doing one is like mission impossible. Give me some input on this everyone!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.