DO U RELOCATE FOR CORRECTION OFFICERS TRAINING?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

FETISH in New York, New York

30 months ago

I LIVE IN MANHATTAN,NY... BUT THE INTERVIEW PROCESS WILL TAKE PLACE IN ALBANY,NY... DO I HAVE TO RELOCATE FOR TRAINING?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

friendlyadvisor in Buffalo, New York

30 months ago

You will train in Albany for 8 weeks, during which you will dorm in the Academy for 5 days a week (Mon-Fri)for each week, and on Weekends you will move out Friday evening to return Sunday evening in the required time, until your training is complete.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR RESPONDING, ITS GREATLY APPRECIATED.....I WILL DO IT, BUT I WONDER IF I WILL HAVE TO PERMANENTLY WORK OUT THERE?..DON'T THEY HAVE A NYS CORRECTION FACILITY IN THE FIVE BOROUGHS?

30 months ago

During your last week at the Academy they will give you the option of making your list of preferred Facilities from at least 20 that they offer you, but they will likely put you where they feel you will be most needed. (Usually downstate) They put most of the women in Bedford, Wallkill, Fishkill, or Shawangunk.

30 months ago

I HAVE OVER 15 YEARS OF CUSTOMER SERVICE/OFFICE SKILL, PLUS JUST GRADUATED AS A MEDICAL ASSISTANT. IM HOPING EVENTUALLY I CAN DO MORE ADMINISTRATIVE WORK....YOU THINK?

30 months ago

You work where they need you in the facility, so everything is fair game (blocks, law library, visitors, yard, tower etc.). The administrative work is left for civilian workers hired for those exact positions. You gain Senority the longer you work. This will help you bid on positions within the facility (in those areas listed prior) and choose what shifts you want to work. Correction Officers definitely do not have office duties as part of their workload, sorry!

30 months ago

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH(me crying)lmfao. Oh well, will start going to the gym more often to get ready....thank you for your input....have a great day........ :)

30 months ago

Run as much as you can. You will be doing that all day in the Academy. Have a great one too and Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.