How long does the whole process take?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 105)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

lopez1218 in Reston, Virginia

56 months ago

I live and applied to work in MD DOC for the county though, I passed my exam and turned in my investigation packet about 2 weeks ago and I was wondering how long does the whole process take to know if i got the job? None of my references have been called yet either

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (73) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

andrew

46 months ago

I see your question was 10 months ago. Hey if u are working for md doc let me know how long u had to wait after they contacted your references.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Tee in Baltimore, Maryland

37 months ago

I applied for md doc some time ago i took the test and it was exactly 6weeks b4 i got my results back it was BQ. I got the 2nd interview n fingerprints the whole 9 and that was jan.24th i havent heard anything yet. I have no background issues so im wondering myself how long it will be. Its really holding my up because if I deside to choose another career path I dont wanna just drop everything for corrections. I dnt like being wishy washy I want to be dedicated to my career whatever it may be and for now im just waiting and its driving me crazy. Is anyone else having this problem?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (47) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

P in Windsor Mill, Maryland

34 months ago

TO TEE IN BALTIMORE yeah im having the same issue i been took the test and throught the whole 9 process too the last thing that told me after the last interview is that everything checks out and now i just have to wait for my letter in to the academy for training.. Note that i took the the test back in oct. and i finished the rest of my exam and physical all the way up to april of this year and still got no word back yet this is really bugging me to fam they say u qualified for a whole year but if i dont here anything soon my year will be up in nov. of this year..like can anyone tell me how long it is before u actually heard back from them???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

P in Windsor Mill, Maryland

34 months ago

only difference i got my test results back in 2weeks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

tastefullygreen in Hagerstown, Maryland

32 months ago

I have been through everything including psych test and follow up iterview, this was after I received a "conditional job offer"....that was in April, still waiting. My year is up in August....anybody have a clue???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

nigera07 in Baltimore, Maryland

30 months ago

Hi my name is nigera I wanted to know have they contact u about being hired or have u bee. Hired already

tastefullygreen in Hagerstown, Maryland said: I have been through everything including psych test and follow up iterview, this was after I received a "conditional job offer"..nn..that was in April, still waiting. My year is up in August....anybody have a clue???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

Hi tee in Baltimore I was wondering did u ever get hired with them after ur second interview I just went through the process and wanted to know win the call u back for a second interview after u test is that a bad. Sign please help

P in Windsor Mill, Maryland said: TO TEE IN BALTIMORE yeah im having the same issue i been took the test and throught the whole 9 process too the last thing that told me after the last interview is that everything checks out and now i just have to wait for my letter in to the academy for training.. Note that i took the the test back in oct. and i finished the rest of my exam and physical all the way up to april of this year and still got no word back yet this is really bugging me to fam they say u qualified for a whole year but if i dont here anything soon my year will be up in nov. of this year..like can anyone tell me how long it is before u actually heard back from them???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

andrew said: I see your question was 10 months ago. Hey if u are working for md doc let me know how long u had to wait after they contacted your references.

Hi Andrew I was wondering have u been hired yet

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Joel hayes in Hagerstown, Maryland

25 months ago

I took my correction officer test on jan 14th, it's been 8 weeks .should I be worried I failed or does it normally take this long

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Pitt08 in Cumberland, Maryland

25 months ago

I took the test May 2011 and receive a best qualified score. I have never been called for an interview. Has this happened to anyone else? Should i give up?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

yellow in Wayne, New Jersey

24 months ago

Pitt08 in Cumberland, Maryland said: I took the test May 2011 and receive a best qualified score. I have never been called for an interview. Has this happened to anyone else? Should i give up?

you should haven't gotten an interview packet with your test scores

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

yellow in Wayne, New Jersey

24 months ago

yellow in Wayne, New Jersey said: you should haven't gotten an interview packet with your test scores

*have

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

noelalberto8 in Bronx, New York

23 months ago

yellow in Wayne, New Jersey said: *have

i took the test last year, and received my score a couple of weeks later but i didn't see any interview question on the score packet. Now i cant seem to find that packet.. Is there any way i could contact somebody to resend it or to talk about it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Talcott in Arlington, Virginia

17 months ago

I am waiting to heard back after the Psych/Phys test. It has been a month since I took this and am wondering when I should expect to hear anything or if I will hear anything

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Chico in Pikesville, Maryland

16 months ago

Im going to take the test on dec 20th but after seen your problem idk if i want to try!!! i dont like to waist time !!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Talcott in Arlington, Virginia

16 months ago

I still have not heard anything.. On other board people say it takes 3 to 4 months to heard after the Psych/Phys test.. So good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

aawermann in Baltimore, Maryland

15 months ago

I started my the whole process in March of 2012. 2wks ago I got my letting stating I was selected and that my hire date is on the 24th. It drove me crazy but I was pre warned that this was typically a years process in MD.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Nay in Hialeah, Florida

6 months ago

tastefullygreen in Hagerstown, Maryland said: I have been through everything including psych test and follow up iterview, this was after I received a "conditional job offer"....that was in April, still waiting. My year is up in August....anybody have a clue???

Did u ever get hired?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

kitacherie in Gwynn Oak, Maryland

5 months ago

hey i wanted to know if i took the written exam and pass the test and now am waiting to go on my interview could you tell me exactly what they do and ask?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Verify first in West Memphis, Arkansas

5 months ago

You need to give it more time. It takes a minute to check someone out. In the correctional environment it is even more important. I know the Feds take a minimum of 4+ months. Be patient. If you want info on the Feds process read here. www.correctionalofficerinfo.com

kitacherie in Owings Mills, Maryland

3 months ago

well now i guess i must of pass the background so now i take my psych on the 10th and i take my physical on the 13th but i wanted to know how is the psych test ANYBODY KNOW? thats from baltimore

Travisd300 in Buffalo, New York

3 months ago

Hi kitacherie, was wondering when you did your background interview? I did mine October 11th 2013.

kitacherie

3 months ago

i took my dec 11th and i am now taking my psychological test this friday?

3 months ago

oh wow so they did your background investigation in a month.. This is for Baltimore City Corrections correct? Anyway that's great that you are flying through the hiring process! They told us in October that it would be 2-4 months before we here back from our background investigation

kitacherie in Washington, District of Columbia

3 months ago

& yes it was for Baltimore city I couldn't believe it because I filled out my app in July

3 months ago

wow yeah that is crazy.. I applied in July too, and I came down for the test in September then was called to come back for the background interview in October but I have not heard anything yet. I'm kind of worried now if they did your background in 1 month and already have you scheduled to take the physc and the physical. Maybe because I am out of town it is taking longer?

kitacherie

3 months ago

i dont know exactly why the process is taking that long for you.. because mine was extremely fast i am suprised i would call and find out

3 months ago

Yeah I think I'm going to give them a call! Good luck the rest of the way!

kitacherie

3 months ago

yea you should def do that & thanks

3 months ago

hey kitacherie how did everything go?? what did they ask?

kitacherie in North Carolina

2 months ago

I'm going in next Wednesday for a interview everything went well

Ocjohnson79 in Edgewood, Maryland

2 months ago

I took my test on 1/28/14. My account showed that I was selected for an interview 2/11/14, but said nothing about being best qualified, better qualified, etc. Have they changed that rating or does that info come via mail? I'm assuming that being picked to interview means that I was in the best category,(dont think i missed more than 5 on the entire test and was the first to finish)but I'm still wondering how will I find out when my interview date will be? Kitacherie, what was your total time between the test and your conditional letter and your start date? I have two other tests scheduled for state jobs next week, and I don't want to just take the fastest offer and possibly get less pay, crappy hours, etc. Advice please!

kitacherie

2 months ago

well the interview that you are going to is you background investagation everything that say will come on the jobaps website where you apply. n i applied in july i didnt get my conditional offer til last month so in 6 months ima say and they changed my interview date to next 2/19/14 and after that i will know my decision o what they wanna do and when my start date will be

ocjohnson79 in Edgewood, Maryland

2 months ago

Thanks for the response. Keep me posted.

BlueTm in Baltimore, Maryland

2 months ago

kitacherie said: well the interview that you are going to is you background investagation everything that say will come on the jobaps website where you apply. n i applied in july i didnt get my conditional offer til last month so in 6 months ima say and they changed my interview date to next 2/19/14 and after that i will know my decision o what they wanna do and when my start date will be
I applied on Sept 6 2013, took my test Nov 22 2013, Did my interview Jan, 22, 2014, took my PSYCH and Physical exam Feb 6th 2014, what's left in the process? Does the Conditional offer of employment mean I got the job?

ocjohnson79 in Washington, District of Columbia

2 months ago

Wow that seems like the process was fast for you. Do you have any idea how many people they are looking to hire? How long did it take to get your interview date once your test was scpred? Do you know if you get ypur background check donr, can it be used for other state jobs cuz i have been chosen to test for two additional state jobs. THANKS

2 months ago

ocjohnson79 in Washington, District of Columbia said: Wow that seems like the process was fast for you. Do you have any idea how many people they are looking to hire? How long did it take to get your interview date once your test was scpred? Do you know if you get ypur background check donr, can it be used for other state jobs cuz i have been chosen to test for two additional state jobs. THANKS

I'm not sure how many people there looking to hire, I'm guessing a decent amount the job posting is still up. After my test was scored I received a "notice of interview" email which was about one week than I had to call and the lady set me up with an interview date. I don't know if the Background check can be used for other jobs!

1 month ago

kitacherie said: well the interview that you are going to is you background investagation everything that say will come on the jobaps website where you apply. n i applied in july i didnt get my conditional offer til last month so in 6 months ima say and they changed my interview date to next 2/19/14 and after that i will know my decision o what they wanna do and when my start date will be

How did everything go yesterday? I still have not received an interview date though i was selected to interview? Should I be concerned,or do you think it might be due to the govt. weather closures last week?

1 month ago

BlueTm in Baltimore, Maryland said: I'm not sure how many people there looking to hire, I'm guessing a decent amount the job posting is still up. After my test was scored I received a "notice of interview" email which was about one week than I had to call and the lady set me up with an interview date. I don't know if the Background check can be used for other jobs!

Have you heard anything? I haven't but thought it might have been due to the weather and holiday closures.

1 month ago

Ocjohnson79 in Edgewood, Maryland said: Have you heard anything? I haven't but thought it might have been due to the weather and holiday closures.

I actually got emailed yesterday,for an follow up interview and also the results of my psych exam on March, 5, 2014.

ocjohnson79 in Edgewood, Maryland

1 month ago

BlueTm in Baltimore, Maryland said: I actually got emailed yesterday,for an follow up interview and also the results of my psych exam on March, 5, 2014.

Ugh.... My online account still says selected for interview...this sooo frustrating!

kitacherie in Ellicott City, Maryland

1 month ago

everything went well now i completed the whole process now i am waiting to hear if i got the job or not

kitacherie in Ellicott City, Maryland

1 month ago

ocjohnson79 in Edgewood, Maryland said: Ugh.... My online account still says selected for interview...this sooo frustrating!

just be patience it will all work out you have to realize it alot of people applying you will get there

1 month ago

I am so frustrated. Here I've been sitting waiting for an interview date since Feb. 7th and I find out today that I have been marked failure to respond. I should have just called them cuz they claimed to have emailed me a notice for an interview on Feb. 11th!!!!! I never got it. The lady said maybe it went to my spam. Why would that be if I have gotten all their previous emails. Anyway, she said she will put me on the list to receive another notice.....I could have been on the fingerprinting or physical portion by now. I hope this process ends soon. I think a training class started in March... won't make that so I'm hoping for June. I hope this job is worth all the hassle.

1 month ago

Ocjohnson79 in Edgewood, Maryland said: I am so frustrated. Here I've been sitting waiting for an interview date since Feb. 7th and I find out today that I have been marked failure to respond. I should have just called them cuz they claimed to have emailed me a notice for an interview on Feb. 11th!!!!! I never got it. The lady said maybe it went to my spam. Why would that be if I have gotten all their previous emails. Anyway, she said she will put me on the list to receive another notice.....I could have been on the fingerprinting or physical portion by now. I hope this process ends soon. I think a training class started in March... won't make that so I'm hoping for June. I hope this job is worth all the hassle.

Wow that's terrible and I can see why you're frustrated. How do you know about training dates? When do they have em?

emcowan33 in Woodbridge, Virginia

1 month ago

kitacherie in Ellicott City, Maryland said: just be patience it will all work out you have to realize it alot of people applying you will get there

This is very true! I feel like the whole process is designed to test your patience and determination. You just have to take it one day at a time. I am very lucky and most people have told me that my process has been expedited very quickly. Now I am just waiting to hear if they are going to offer me the position and the start date for training.
6/19/2013-I applied online for the position
10/2/2013- I took my CO exam
11/11/2013-I had my CO interview with the investigator
12/2/2013-I had my physical exam
2/1/2014-I was given a conditional letter of offer contingent on my psychological exam and final review.
1/24/2014-I had my psychological exam
2/14/2014- I was scheduled for my final review; however due to inclement weather they called and rescheduled twice.
2/26/2014-I had my final review.
Now I am just waiting to hear from them. Keep in mind that on 7/1/2013 they changed their process for the CO exams to walk-in. They no longer scheduled appointments. I was told that if you applied before May of 2013 they also did the walk-in process for the CO exam. It seems as though most people who applied during the period of time when they scheduled the exams are making faster progress. The process of scheduling the CO exams seems more organized. I have friends who applied before me through walk-in exams and they are still waiting to take their psychological exams. I think that it will all be worth it in the end, if this is your career path.

1 month ago

emcowan33 in Woodbridge, Virginia said: This is very true! I feel like the whole process is designed to test your patience and determination. You just have to take it one day at a time. I am very lucky and most people have told me that my process has been expedited very quickly. Now I am just waiting to hear if they are going to offer me the position and the start date for training.
6/19/2013-I applied online for the position
10/2/2013- I took my CO exam
11/11/2013-I had my CO interview with the investigator
12/2/2013-I had my physical exam
2/1/2014-I was given a conditional letter of offer contingent on my psychological exam and final review.
1/24/2014-I had my psychological exam
2/14/2014- I was scheduled for my final review; however due to inclement weather they called and rescheduled twice.
2/26/2014-I had my final review.
Now I am just waiting to hear from them. Keep in mind that on 7/1/2013 they changed their process for the CO exams to walk-in. They no longer scheduled appointments. I was told that if you applied before May of 2013 they also did the walk-in process for the CO exam. It seems as though most people who applied during the period of time when they scheduled the exams are making faster progress. The process of scheduling the CO exams seems more organized. I have friends who applied before me through walk-in exams and they are still waiting to take their psychological exams. I think that it will all be worth it in the end, if this is your career path.

I understand the whole patience is virtue but it can frustrate anyone knowing that going went through this whole process(some longer than others) and eventually be told their not gonna be hired. My interview was pushed back as well due to inclement weather! I hope all this is for something!

ocjohnson79

1 month ago

Problem is that I am expecting to have another job offer in the next week or two. I hate the idea of taking the position, knowing that I don't plan to stay but waiting through this lengthy corrections process leaves me with no choice.

sawn82 in Hopewell, Virginia

1 month ago

I tested December 12th, got interview February 19, now goin Friday for psych exam an physical exam. i also received a conditional offer of employment

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.