You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

nop in Ajax, Ontario

61 months ago

not out here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ron Walton in Edmonton, Alberta

60 months ago

Ohzee in Las Vegas, Nevada said: I understand that hundreds of Union Ironworkers were recruited early this year to work in Canada. So if they need Ironworkers there must be crane work there. My question is, does anyone know of any employers in Canada hireing Certified Crane Operators there?

Alberta Contact the 955

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

Ohzee in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Thanks for the reply, Okay, what is a 955? (area code, Union Local what? I am assuming you may know of work in Alberta?

Either way, Thank You.

The IUOE local 955 (Operating Engineers) Just google the union. this should get you started. But be prepared to be tested by the govt before being allowed to work. Go to tradesecrets.gov.ab.ca follow the links. There is a division that handles trade certification. Alberta and Ontario Have the highest standard for Crane and Hoist certification in Canada, from a provincial standard.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

If anyone is thinking of coming to Canada to work You MUST find an employer willing to hire you if you are not part of a union. There are work visa provisions through NAFTA that allow trades to work here. But I'm sure that unless you can pass a Journeyman exam you will not be paid Journeyman rate. All of our trades are severly scrutunized under a srtict Provincial and Federal apprenticeship program, OF 4 to 5 years depending on the trade. You could also google AIT board alberta and find out the requirements of the trade you are in. Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Henri in Maarsen, Netherlands

48 months ago

I have worked 20 years in South Africa and 5 years in Queensland ,Australia as a mobile crane operator.To work in Canada, you first need a firm job offer, be able to support yourself for 3 months, have a valid crane operating licence from a first world country and passed the Federal skills visa test. The test can be done for free on most Immigration Agent's site.Check the fees for the via !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

A Crandall

48 months ago

With out a red seal you need 7200 varifiable hours to even apply for the visa and having a company prehire is the way to go. Loacl 150 may be a point of contact to start at also.@ $ 450.00 for visa app.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ravi kumar in Anonymous Proxy

40 months ago

I am from punjab

Nathan Willmore in Denver, Colorado

28 months ago

What does it take to work in Australia?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.