Crane Work in Australia - "mines"

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Nathan Willmore in Denver, Colorado

26 months ago

Does anyone know how I can get info on working as an operator in the mining industry in Australia?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

xnmmi in Lancaster, California

26 months ago

Working in Australia as a non citizen is difficult. My son's girlfriend lives in the Perth area and wanted him to come out there to do mine work - he needed $8k to open a bank account and a visa that would let him work there - the visa is for 12 months only and it is very specific as to what you can and can't do there. You also need a sponsor to get you over there and have a job waiting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

xnmmi in Lancaster, California

26 months ago

Working in Australia as a non citizen is difficult. My son's girlfriend lives in the Perth area and wanted him to come out there to do mine work - he needed $8k to open a bank account and a visa that would let him work there - the visa is for 12 months only and it is very specific as to what you can and can't do there. You also need a sponsor to get you over there and have a job waiting.At least that is the info he got from her.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

vic in Oakland, California

25 months ago

yes, google the official Australian government work visa procedure... it's better to get the info from the horse's mouth than read hearsay. Obtaining a work visa in Australia can be very difficult or relatively easy depending on several factors, including age, type of work, education and location.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.