NCCCO written test

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Billybob in West Hempstead, New York

40 months ago

Do you know if NCCCO gives out old test material as a study guide? I know they give out 50 sample questions but is there something a little more comprehensive and in depth such as old exams? They have a core outline but I have no idea what I should study and what materials are useful

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

A Crandall in Keystone Heights, Florida

40 months ago

Every test is accounted for and if not that test and questions are discontinued or altered. My understanding is , 4 tests from possible 400 questions(general knowledge) . Then you get into the specialty tests, LBT LBC and so on. AMSE and OSHA Standards that pertain to cranes are the study materials. I suggest you read all 600+/- pages of info or pay for one of those schools to help you. Seems to me you want some body to give you the questions and answers, rather than you doing the work and being the professional you are planning to pretend to be. If you don't know the rules and aren't willing to learn, You have no business in the seat. Your questions are a wake up call, before you may hurt someone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Billybob in West Hempstead, New York

40 months ago

It isnt the work at all I dont mind doing the work. The general knowledge part is so broad I'm not sure what to study, I was just curious if there was any old tests to look at, they dont have to be the exact test I'm taking, it's just something to look at. They consistently give out old new york police and firefighter exams for candidates to study and I was curious if they did the same for NCCCO

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

OperatorNetwork in Dublin, Ohio

38 months ago

Mobile Crane Operator
Mobile Crane Operator certification is valid for five (5) years. Candidates must complete all of their recertification requirements during the 12 months prior to their expiration date.
Candidates who can document at least 1,000 hours crane-related experience during their period of certification do not need to take the practical exam to recertify.
Crane related experience is defined as: operating, maintenance, inspection, or training.
However, candidates who do need to take the Practical exam must do so before their certification expires. There is no "grace period" after the date of expiration. Candidates whose certification has lapsed must take the full written and practical examinations over again in order to be certified.
The written recertification examination consists of a Core examination in crane operation, as well as four Specialty examinations. The Core examination has 40 multiple-choice questions with a time limit of 45 minutes.
Each Specialty examination consists of 10 multiple choice questions with a time limit of 30 minutes. Four of the questions in each Specialty exam are calculation load chart questions.
All candidates are required to take the Recertification Core examination regardless of the Specialty(s) in which they wish to be recertified.
Recertification candidates are allowed two (2) attempts to pass the recertification Core and Specialty exams before their certification expires. Candidates who are unsuccessful after two (2) attempts must take and pass the regular Core and Specialty exams.
I hope this helps.
www.operatornetwork.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.