Overseas work...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (20)

dave heesom in Wigan, United Kingdom

93 months ago

you need a cpcs ticket , takes 2 weeks to do the corse and costs about £ 3,000, you have to keep a log book and log 300 hours over 2 years to keep the ticket, i know thats only about 6 weeks work in the happy times, but we are trying to talk new drivers out of doing the test cos i do know of cases wher new drivers havent logged enough hours, and even when the work does pick up theres a huge glut of experianced drivers who will get the work first. but the worst part is the sites know how desperate people are to work and the pay rates have plummeted, i was earning more 6 years ago than what i could earn now . no joke i have seen jobs for site cleaners paying more than crane drivers

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

dave heesom in Wigan, United Kingdom

93 months ago

have a look here smiles , very busy crane drivers forum , lots of info , if you cant find what you want just ask , friendly bunch of guys, and we like visitors
www.lifting-world.co.uk/forums/

Reply - Report abuse

Paul Burd

93 months ago

dave heesom in Wigan, United Kingdom said: dont bother looking in the UK ive got 8 years on towers and havent worked for 12 months , a lot of good drivers here sitting at home

And the U K should not look over here in the USA because there is no work here untill Obama is out of office.he has killed are Ind.and getting ready to kill are banking system. I am 28 years in the seat ,Nccco Certified,and there is nothing here in USA,Hope you feel better.

Reply - Report abuse

Paul Burd

93 months ago

Any Comments About the Union,YES they and Obama are Killing America I would love to put my Skills Operating against any Union Operator yes I am NCCCO Certified.In the seat 28 years.I don't want health care or all that crap all I want is a Job Thank you Obama For killing America

Reply - Report abuse

Ron Walton in Edmonton, Alberta

93 months ago

Those of you that are I.U.O.E can check out the 955 local come late march early april they won't have enough men in alberta to fill the bill. It might be short term but it's around 36hr plus

Reply - Report abuse

Jim Hedrick in Nicholasville, Kentucky

93 months ago

Paul Burd said: Any Comments About the Union,YES they and Obama are Killing America I would love to put my Skills Operating against any Union Operator yes I am NCCCO Certified.In the seat 28 years.I don't want health care or all that crap all I want is a Job Thank you Obama For killing America

Look at your history, if not for the unions that my father and probaly yours worked in you would not have the 40 hr work week or overtime over 40 holidays off and a long list of other benifits that we enjoy today. I learned to operate non union but have been in the local for 17 yrs and yes I feel that I am just as good as you or anyone else in my craft,also I am not an Obama fan

Reply - Report abuse

paulburd in Live Oak, Florida

93 months ago

Mr Jim Hendrick the Union might be good for you.but my Father was never in the union and did not like the union because thats all it did was drive the cost of everything up.and right now you might love it. but when you pay your dews it goes to the Demacraps Party.look at all the bailouts for all the unions.Government motors aig,Fanny ,freddy.Obama is Corrupt and so is the his Adminastration. I am Glad you love your dews going for a Marxcist.but I don't want anything to do with what is going on in the Distruction of are great Country.I like the Union I just don't Believe that they should bulldoze over Regular good ,hard working Americans.and yes I am unemployed because of relocation.not my Operational Skills in and on any Crane ,but thank you For the Concern of an Average Joe The crane Operator ,get it Joe the Plumber,non Union,Union Thugs went after him as you have us non Union Operators which never could antaganize Me.Bail outs will have to stop soon remember that Sir.Thank you

Reply - Report abuse

paulburd in Live Oak, Florida

93 months ago

Mr Kenny Kiff what are we going to do about it ? vote them out of Office. Everyone that votes for Bail outs and Higher taxes,health care.Higher bank taxes,anything that will And I mean WILL raise are National dept or Taxes on Anyone person or family VOTE THEM OUT!next time someone is running for your District check there voting back ground.If they voted for Government bailouts or higher taxes vote them out.WE the People> Not the Big Government and the ant's.(It IS) WE THE PEOPLE NOT THE UNIONS AND GOVERNMENT I hope this was good for you it feels good 2 ME Thank you.Pray we take this Marxcist out of Office.Glenn Beck Rush Limbaugh read the the writing on the Tellopromter.

Reply - Report abuse

blanksjohnny in Renton, Washington

92 months ago

It,s not Obama fault guys. We were f-cked wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy before him. Let,s keep it real. PEACE. No one man can do this.

Reply - Report abuse

Ron Walton in Edmonton, Alberta

92 months ago

Uncontroled growth ! Expanding beyond your borders of financial ability ! Greed ! Wanting for what your neighbor has or to equal them, when it is not your time. it all starts and ends with each person. There are many up here that expected the gravy train to keep pouring for another 10 years. THEY WERE WRONG. Those who lost for what ever reason didn't have the sence to see what was coming. Those of us who saw it, in all likelyhood, lived through the last one back in the early eighties. Looks like your around my age Kenny seen it lived it and survived it. Glad to hear you are'nt to bad off.

Reply - Report abuse

haulbot1 in Apo

92 months ago

sMiles07 in Redmond, Washington said: So the more i look on the internet for info on getting a job, the more scared i get. I've decided try and look outside the U.S. for work. I'd ideally want to go to either Europe or Australia. I'm a CCO tower and mobile operator. Does anybody know of any company's that i could get in contact with or perhaps a helping hand on who to talk to or where to go? Any help would be much appreciated..

Try KBRjobs.com they might hire you for Iraq where it isn't too bad just the High School behavoir from the other employees is bad. The pay isn't the best but it's better than a stick in the eye.

Reply - Report abuse

sMiles07 in Redmond, Washington

92 months ago

haulbot1 in Apo said: Try KBRjobs.com they might hire you for Iraq where it isn't too bad just the High School behavoir from the other employees is bad. The pay isn't the best but it's better than a stick in the eye.

Thanks haulbot1,
I didn't really mean for this thread to become a place for political opinions and such, lol. Anyway, Thanks a bunch for the info. I checked they're website and it looked like all they needed were project engineers. Oh well, i'll keep looking. Thanks!

-Miles

Reply - Report abuse

haulbot1 in Apo

92 months ago

sMiles07 in Redmond, Washington said: Thanks haulbot1,
I didn't really mean for this thread to become a place for political opinions and such, lol. Anyway, Thanks a bunch for the info. I checked they're website and it looked like all they needed were project engineers. Oh well, i'll keep looking. Thanks!

-Miles

You have to look specificly under the Logcap III or IV section. If they don't have crane positions all the equipment pays the same and you could change once you get here.

Reply - Report abuse

kenny kiff kyfho in Columbia, Louisiana

92 months ago

blanksjohnny,we was not f-cked down in the south. the offshore work was kicking. we couldn't hardly get any time off at all. now work is picking up but it got real bad for some ppl.

Reply - Report abuse

kenny kiff kyfho in Columbia, Louisiana

92 months ago

that's for sure ron, i think most ppl had it hard back then.... but like they say only the strong will survive, know what i mean?????????? we had to the years in the seat to live back then,now we got all the pull-dos running around lol,you know pull it, see what it will do. the gulf is ate up with them, it's not good at all. when i push crews i'm sad to say i'm hard on crane opers. untill they show me they know what the hell there doing,then i let-em have it,but it takes alot for me to cut them loose. because they might do good when i'm there but i can't be there all the time,know what mean??????????? be safe

Reply - Report abuse

lever B in Orrville, Ohio

89 months ago

did every course in less than 2 min through the z with no balls. I'm not very good, but found that I am always better than some one who talks B.S. be safe don't hurt anyone.

Reply - Report abuse

Pburd1@*****.*** in Waldo, Florida

79 months ago

Hey Ben you had to dig deap for that one I wrote that almost 2 years ago.I to worked every day I was makeing 25.50 an hour had an IRA with 22,000 in it.And yes I had a house built.yes I am NCCCO Certified and I have a class A CDL.what I am saying is.look were all that stimules money went?I just finished a Job Operating 2 cranes on 1 Job,now there is no more work.this is not about hard working crane operator's it is about the national dept and the stimules money and who that money has been going to.

Reply - Report abuse

lburgaug in San Antonio, Texas

74 months ago

As an American I feel if the greatest country in the world we SHOULD set higher goals for ourselves. While these companies are making millions and billions of dollars profit what We're Americans and I feel it's because people think small they lower their expectations. is wrong with me having health care, fairness in treatment on the job and educational opportunities? We've been getting screwed by big business and sitting in that smelly brown stuff so long we think it's normal, well Sirs, I do not. Every American should be able to work, access health care and have educational opportunism or would your children and grand children be part of the 3rd class citizenry that being business is trying to make us all now. I want to be better than a 3rd class citizen, I want more for my efforts than to eat beans and have bad teeth. I want to live not just survive. I told a man one day, sir, you’re a little short on your money, he said, yeah but look at all the hours you are gonna be working, my reply, you pay me a better salary and I don't need to work a hundred hours a week. Think small and that's what you'll get. Join, organize and become an equal threat to big business and our time will come. Submit, and become a slave is that's what you want for your children and grandchildren. Not me, I want mine to have it better than me. Think small and you'll always be small. It's not easy. It's takes more effort, or you can roil over and die. It's not Democrats or Republicans, big business buys whoever they want. A political party's main interest is to keep themselves in power. It's not Obamma or any one else’s fault things are the way they are, it's ours for not getting involved enough and accepting status quo. We're too lazy to fight for what's right. Get off your fat whining butt and fight. Who's gonna fight for us if we don't fight for ourselves. Of course if you like to eat beans while the corporate big wigs are riding around in private jets then starve. Union and proud.

Reply - Report abuse

xboomxmanx

58 months ago

If you are NCCCO/TLL Operator with MTC Experience and are interested in a steady paycheck and perdiem if you do not live in San Antonio Tx. or Carrizo Springs Tx. there is work here!!
Allegiance Crane and Equipment SATx, CSTx is looking for experienced Hydraulic Crane Operators for production work in the oilfield.

Reply - Report abuse

Pepper in Pensacola, Florida

55 months ago

crane operator looking for work Nccco cert..CDL A Med card TWIC card and passport..will travel anywhere..

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.