Working in Iraq

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (44)

haulbot1 in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin

63 months ago

Has anyone out there worked in Iraq and can give me the low down and some advice I have been offered a job on the base.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (54) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Charlie in Palm Harbor, Florida

62 months ago

I heard about the job. Their payscale seems weak.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

axeman062 in Apo

62 months ago

I work here in iraq been here 2yrs the money is alright considering no living expenses all food is free living is free 30 days off paid.it you go over the days allowed with a good cpa you are prorated it all works out.you dont make much hourly wage but you get other pay that makes up for it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Charlie in Palm Harbor, Florida

62 months ago

"but you get other pay that makes up for it"

All I've heard is KBR pays 85k total for a 1 year contract for crane op's. So what is this other pay your referring to? I'm assuming that is who you are working for. Is there any other contractor that supplies crane operators that pays more?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

What is it like far as the security. Also if you need stuff dose the exchange have the supplies a construction worker would need for the typs of weather over there or do you have to mail order.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

Charlie in Palm Harbor, Florida said: It still doesn't compute. I made 106K last year in country and only paid 10K in fed taxes. I probably worked 9 months out of the year and most of the time I spent working it wasn't 7/12's.

They were offering the same money to work in Iraq back in 2004, so figure that. They are still paying the same as 5 years ago. I know my payscale has gone up since then in the US, why hasn't theirs?

When you break it down, they are only paying you like $20 hr. I heard they charge the Gov. $150 hr for you. Sounds like they're ripping you off. And you have to be outside the US at least 330 days of the year to get the first 91k fed tax free. So if you go over and don't like it and come back before the years up, your going to be taxed as if you worked here. Which works out you really got screwed, working in Iraq making $20 hr and now paying fed taxes on all of it.

Well I work for a scumbag roofing co. where the owner rips me off at every turn
and to get in the union in Chigago takes a act of GOD or a greased palm besides there is to many people sitting on the bench. I will go over there avoid bankruptcy until thing get better and come back with some grease for the palms.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

James in Port Saint Lucie, Florida

62 months ago

Well who are some of the companies who are in IRAQ or other LOGCAP providers who are hiring crane operators or heavy equipment operators. Any one with some leeds for these jobs please email me at jamesc_4@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

Eric Reno in Lafayette, California

62 months ago

axeman062 in Apo said: I work here in iraq been here 2yrs the money is alright considering no living expenses all food is free living is free 30 days off paid.it you go over the days allowed with a good cpa you are prorated it all works out.you dont make much hourly wage but you get other pay that makes up for it.

Can you or anyone that reads this post help a new operator out?
I will work anywhere and any hours! I just got out of crane school and passed all of the nccco tests. The school was supposed to help with job placement, but that turned out to be a sales tactic just so they could get my money. I have a family to support, I have a great attitude, strong back, and always help anyone anytime I can! I am a real team player. I have sent out over 100 applications with no response form any company hiring operators certified in hydraulic swing or fixed cab's. HELP!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Rizaldy in wellington, New Zealand

59 months ago

Hi nick how about their in germany, it has demand their for being crane operator?
i am RTG crane operator for 15 years

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nick in Ottersweier, Germany

59 months ago

Rizaldy in wellington, New Zealand said: Hi nick how about their in germany, it has demand their for being crane operator?
i am RTG crane operator for 15 years

Well, we´ve got work enough, but the salary gets worse and worse....some of the MCO´s work for less than 14 Euros per hour...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

haulbot1 in Houston, Texas

57 months ago

I have been over here for just over three months. It's not to bad as far as the work the bad thing is how some of the people treat you when you are new they act like High School bullies,even though you have more life experiences and are 15+ years older with 18 yrs of equipment operating exp.

P.S. I Know it says Houston but that is where our server sat. links to

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Domenic in Gengenbach, Germany

56 months ago

Hi, i am still looking for a well paid job.....where are you dutch boy???
braun_kulaj@yahoo.de

Looking to hire123

55 months ago

I am looking for friction Crane operators. Nowadays all certifications are on Hydro cranes.
My operation utilizes a Gantry Straddle Crane, a 35k & 75k FMC link belt boom cranes. I also have heavy forklift work to include the use of a 50k Kalimar forklift and retches.

Anyone out there from Southern California, San Bernardino area looking for work?
I am looking to hire..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

zeeguy4u

55 months ago

Looking to hire123 said: I am looking for friction Crane operators. Nowadays all certifications are on Hydro cranes.
My operation utilizes a Gantry Straddle Crane, a 35k & 75k FMC link belt boom cranes. I also have heavy forklift work to include the use of a 50k Kalimar forklift and retches.

Anyone out there from Southern California, San Bernardino area looking for work?
I am looking to hire..

I've got 25 plus years in cranes and half of that in frictions, and a lot of time in forklifts too. I like southern Ca. Please write me for details.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joy Howe in Newbury Park, California

55 months ago

Looking to hire123 said: I am looking for friction Crane operators. Nowadays all certifications are on Hydro cranes.

I am looking to hire..

NCCC0 and NCCCR Certified, In Ventura County. If you could send me your email and I will send my resume. Thank you Jesse

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

LC

55 months ago

Joy Howe in Newbury Park, California said: NCCC0 and NCCCR Certified, In Ventura County. If you could send me your email and I will send my resume. Thank you Jesse

Please email your resume to me at the below listed email address. I look forward to receivingand reveiwing it. Do you have friction crane experience, again my crane operation consists of 2 friction FMC Linkbelts that are about 25 years old, but in decent shape. I also have a Gantry Straddle. All of my Crane Operators are required to be certified on both types. Please include your overall experience in your resume.

Thank you.
Laura.Coscino.ctr@dla.mil

zeeguy4u

55 months ago

Richard P. L'Heureux 16 Old Chadbourne rd. Lewiston, Maine 04240
cell  e-mail, zeeguy4u@aol.com

Accomplishments:
Worlds record:
Operated a friction crane with one hundred and fifty feet of boom and a clamshell bucket, lifted over thirteen million pounds of snow to erect a one hundred and twenty-two foot world record (Guinness Book of World Records)snow-woman.
Developed a style of basket in a smelting operation at a circuit board manufacturing facility, doubled the production at no additional cost in manufacturing. Received a cash reward and newspaper mention.
Experience:
Bancroft contracting corp. South Paris, Maine
Crane operator November 2007 to Present, Set components for dam construction(iron, concrete panels, poured concrete etc.) from a barge,  operated different cranes on many different projects as was needed.
Atkinson/Clark construction Bath, Maine
Crane operator October 1999 to February 2002; operated a 'Mantis' (tracked hydraulic)crane, setting  piles for expansion of Bath Iron Works' shipbuilding yard expansion, poured many yards of concrete, set many tons of steel and concrete piles
Flatiron construction Bath, Maine
Crane operator January 1998 to August 1999; Mostly ran a 70 ton P&H rough terrain crane but filled in as needed on several other cranes including friction cranes and a tower crane. Set iron and poured concrete, erecting a bridge over a fast moving river, working on barges and on shore
Twenty five years in heavy construction all over America
Crane operator 1974 to 2010; thirty-five years in heavy construction working all over the country, from Maine to California. following the jobs, operated mostly cranes (Friction, hydraulic and electric tower cranes) but dump trucks(tandem and tri axle) and  earth movers(rollers, skids tears, dozers, loaders) as well. Worked in many different environmental conditions building bridges, dams, buildings, and amusement park rides.
Education: Always important to me, mo

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kenny kiff {kyfho} in Opelousas, Louisiana

55 months ago

looking to hire, how much you paying, and where or you working out of. union or non????????? be safe

LC

55 months ago

Non union, US military base, Barstow California. Salary is based on the SCA scale for government employees. 22-25 an hour. Looking for riggers too. Have friction cranes and one straddle. Must be certified to operate all...Steady work with benefits. Civilian contractor on a military base.

waltharsey in League City, Texas

55 months ago

I am looking to hire..

I'm an experienced {19+years} Friction crane operator {old school cranes & and newer ones}I'm in Houston but ready to go anywhere. NCCCO all endorsements. I started with heavylift forklifts moving drill collars. I'm currently studying for a B.S.in Construction Management but can take a sabbatical to work somewhere for the right $. {hgrady@rocketmail.com} I a former IUOE member local 178 Ft.Worth,Tx. So kennysparrow in the Uk email.me.

waltharsey in League City, Texas

55 months ago

Are there any new discussions?

haulbot1 in Houston, Texas

52 months ago

Still over here (Iraq) but big draw downs coming in August! You know what they say last hired first fired:(

haulot1 in Apo

50 months ago

haulbot1 in Houston, Texas said: Still over here (Iraq) but big draw downs coming in August! You know what they say last hired first fired:(

Well made it through the cuts in August (Because of my worthless CCO card) But now I have a job offer to go to Afghanastan with ITT Systems (Fluor) for 140k a year total pay package just waiting on backround checks!!! Damn CCCO!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Operator Local37 in Halethrope, Maryland

50 months ago

haulot1 in Apo, I just submitted the last of the documents that ITT wanted so I'm just waiting for the offer. I see you stated your banking 140k and my good guess is your a NCCCO (Crane operator), I am as well. I hope I can expect the same. I would love to know more If you can email me at OperatorLocal37@gmail.com Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mike Rowley in North Port, Florida

44 months ago

I am looking to hire..

Hi. I run link belt speeders, I do dragline work and hang Iron

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Looking to hire123

44 months ago

Eric Reno in Lafayette, California said: Can you or anyone that reads this post help a new operator out?
I will work anywhere and any hours! I just got out of crane school and passed all of the nccco tests. The school was supposed to help with job placement, but that turned out to be a sales tactic just so they could get my money. I have a family to support, I have a great attitude, strong back, and always help anyone anytime I can! I am a real team player. I have sent out over 100 applications with no response form any company hiring operators certified in hydraulic swing or fixed cab's. HELP!!!!!!!

Eric, where do you live? Is Lafayette in southern california? I am looking for a crane operator. Must have LBT, TSS endorsements. We are located in Barstow, Ca.

Pburd1@windstream.net in High Springs, Florida

44 months ago

I am Certified on friction and hydro's my job just ended.do you have work in North Florida area.thank you

nedra1scott in Columbus, Georgia

40 months ago

Does anyone know the base salary, bi-weekly pay or yearly salary for a Bus Driver with ITT in Afghanistan?

paulsabine in Fountain Valley, California

39 months ago

hi i was reading your post and interested in working i live in so cal (fountain valley) i have my crane lic nccco smal and large hydro experence is in working a digger in the airforce and i have my rough terrain cert also . please let me know if your still looking

thanks

Paul

I am looking to hire..

Joerav55 in West Sacramento, California

39 months ago

I have experience with friction rigs but no current certs. josephraviotta@yahoo.com is my email

Joerav55 in West Sacramento, California

39 months ago

I have experience with friction rigs but no current certs. josephraviotta@yahoo.com is my email

dssunuwar@yahoo.com in Fort Campbell, Kentucky

36 months ago

i wish the bus driver

habib ghariani in Tunisia

36 months ago

im crane operator 30yers experiance offchoor driling companye

reed in Pleasant Grove, Utah

36 months ago

haulot1 in Apo said: Well made it through the cuts in August (Because of my worthless CCO card) But now I have a job offer to go to Afghanastan with ITT Systems (Fluor) for 140k a year total pay package just waiting on backround checks!!! Damn CCCO!!!!

I have nccco card and exp. I am waiting on security clearance. Just wondering how the living conditions are over there??? (Afghanistan) Just wondered on pay also. I figured it out with all your bonuses and 75 hrs a week it should be around $140,000. will that all be tax free??? what will you spend over there????
ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT THANX

AbundantlyBlessed in Richmond Hill, Georgia

36 months ago

Hi, ...New to forum....but hubby got offer back in July...waiting on security clearance. Can anyone tell me how about pre-hire procedures as they differ from fluoride?

36 months ago

Sorry...differ from fluor

dambar bahadur sunuwar in Sterling, Virginia

36 months ago

dssunuwar@yahoo.com in Fort Campbell, Kentucky said:
dear sir/madam i have 3 years exprerence in bus driver in iraq cam taji and now afganisthan fob shank air ops bus driver
company nasa work shop cantec fluor cen i get any chans bus driver if have any chans please

Scotty in Prairieville, Louisiana

36 months ago

Looking to hire123 said: Eric, where do you live? Is Lafayette in southern california? I am looking for a crane operator. Must have LBT, TSS endorsements. We are located in Barstow, Ca.

15 yr friction crane operator here, looking to move to Barstow. Are you still looking?

36 months ago

Hubby's investigation closed 10/12. Waiting on favorable adj. NFA on 8/26. Haven't heard from recruiter. Anyone knows how long it usually take from here?

shanebadd in Riverside, California

35 months ago

Hello, my name is shane. I have 22 years experience as a crane operator and heavy equipment operator I live in the san diego area and I'm looking for work. I can competently run any piece of equipment you might own. If you're interested please contact me at shanebadd@Gmail.com.
. I'm available anytime any hours.

I am looking to hire..

Mike in Camp Dennison, Ohio

32 months ago

LC said: Please email your resume to me at the below listed email address. I look forward to receivingand reveiwing it. Do you have friction crane experience, again my crane operation consists of 2 friction FMC Linkbelts that are about 25 years old, but in decent shape. I also have a Gantry Straddle. All of my Crane Operators are required to be certified on both types. Please include your overall experience in your resume.

Thank you.
Laura.Coscino.ctr@dla.mil

Are you still looking to hire Crane operators?

shanebadd in Murrieta, California

32 months ago

I have 22 years of crane experience, friction, gantry, hydraulic, tower. I was a member of local 139 operating engineers in Wisconsin. Please contact them for detailed work experience, I may have trouble getting a passport however, I owe 2800 dollars in back child support. If that's paid I'm good to go. I'm an excellent operator and would be a great asset to your company. Please contact me if interested. Thank you.

neal coleman in Godfrey, Illinois

14 months ago

I am looking to hire..

please review my resume i am ready to go rightnow can i get you email so i can forward credentials to you for your consideration please advise thanks neal

Randall in California

14 days ago

I am trying to get back over too Been crane operator along time cents 1985 time r bad

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.