apprentiship program

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

local 450@gmail.com in Duncanville, Texas

29 months ago

to all who want to be a crane operator, please dont make the same mistake i did by joining this union as an apprentice. It will take you at least 5 years of so called training 3 yrs before you can take your cco test. They say you will be training with quality trainers, its a lie you will be a laborer and nothing more, they dont even have any equipment to train on, no bulldozer, no track ho look at the new website it says apprentiship page under construction-a lie they dont have any thing to offer other then 1 day a month at deep south or maxim they alternate. You will not be training on the job with crane journeymen like they claim. you will actually be a laborer-oiler all at the same job thats right hard labor. The program is actually nothing more then a cheap labor pool with the empty promises of on the job training. They dont have enough work to keep the apprentices employed, when you are lucky enough to get a job it rarely last more than a month or so. Unless your dad or some relative is a member you will starve, if you have a family do yourself and your family a favor, do not join this union it is so corrupt they just got busted for embezzeling the apprentiship training funds money, just look up local 450 corruption on the internet, read the story of how the BA took trips to hawaii, owned six cadillaces and spent $275.000 remodel on his galveston home, I cant make this stuff up its a joke. Now you know why they dont have any equipment to train on, they spent the money on themselves. If you want to be an operating engineer/crane operator go north where the union has a backbone an stands up for their employees instead of the company, you will get no representation from this union. But they have no problem taking your money for representation you will never get.I have friends that have their operators books for 6 years and they are still laborers no lie.Look at pennsylvania ohio indiana you will be trained in half the time, better pay and more equipment.GodBless

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.