crane schools

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 197)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

joseph williams in Dallas, Texas

71 months ago

This is for all you people that want to get into the crane field,DO NOT WASTE your MONEY going to any school that has either college of construction or school of construction in its name,These are the same people! If you want to be sure that a school is affilliated with these crooks, its a 3 week or 6 week course with a cost of about 11,500-12,000,don't waste your money,I did.Go on the web to California Crane School,for about 2,000.oo,you WILL get your NCCCO card. I don't care, I've already spent my 12,000.oo plus 2,000.00 to get my NCCCO card

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Chris in Groves, Texas

71 months ago

so, have you had any job offers yet? did you learn anything more at cali crane school? im from southeast tx n dont really feel like traveling all the way to cali for that, i am going to try the union, til then ill just work til i decide later

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

First,yes I've had many job offers,with a NCCCO card in texas,you are more in control.And as far as the unions,I was in Local 848 for 20 years,while in the aircraft industry,until they laid allot of us off,like GM!!.To be a union worker,you not only have to have the credentials and training,but the experience.If you don't have a card,good luck,why would a union shop company pay top wages to a operator that doesn't have a NCCCO card when they can get a NCCCO card for the same wages.It won't be long before texas joins the nation in requiring a NCCCO card because of crane accidents and insurance purposes.That's when I'll take your job IF I want it,you won't be able to get on a crane without the card in your wallet-Walmart here I come

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

RICHIE in London, United Kingdom

68 months ago

joseph williams in Dallas, Texas said: This is for all you people that want to get into the crane field,DO NOT WASTE your MONEY going to any school that has either college of construction or school of construction in its name,These are the same people! If you want to be sure that a school is affilliated with these crooks, its a 3 week or 6 week course with a cost of about 11,500-12,000,don't waste your money,I did.Go on the web to California Crane School,for about 2,000.oo,you WILL get your NCCCO card. I don't care, I've already spent my 12,000.oo plus 2,000.00 to get my NCCCO card

Hi,Joeseph, i know this has nothing to do with cranes,but as i see your from TexasI was thinking of coming over for the new year,do you cellabrate it out in the bars and clubs,like we do in the UK ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ron Walton in Edmonton, Alberta

65 months ago

If You want to know the standards of Alberta for Crane and hoist Go to www.tradesecrets.gov.ab.ca and follow the links

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

Talked to a few people about the nccco certification AS far as I can tell It is close to what we in Alberta consider to be First year apprentice Qualification. Crane and Hoist is a 3 Year trade Program. consisting of 4500 hrs and two terms of school approx 12 weeks tech each apprentice must write an entrance exam just to be accepted to go to school. Alberta and Ontario Have the highest standards. However if you want to go to the oilsands an Alberta Journeyman Ticket will get you there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

gate238rewis@yahoo.com in Ocoee, Florida

65 months ago

I like to attend a school I belived I will be very at it but I have one problem that is my math skills is very low, is this going to hurt my chances?Joseph williams or anyone out there that exprience in operating cranes please let me know.Thanks Bob Stevens.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

joseph williams in Arlington, Texas

65 months ago

I am a NCCCO certified crane operator,and have attended school-Oklahoma College of Construction in Oklahoma City.Crane operation has allot of math,GEOMETRY,angles and degrees incorporated in not only crane operation but rigging as well.If your math skills are poorthink about another piece of construction equipment.DO NOT attend OK College of Construction,We started out with 15 students,6 of us graduated from there.I hope this has been helpful

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

gate238rewis@yahoo.com in Ocoee, Florida said: I like to attend a school I belived I will be very at it but I have one problem that is my math skills is very low, is this going to hurt my chances?Joseph williams or anyone out there that exprience in operating cranes please let me know.Thanks Bob Stevens.

Yes,Math is a big pat of it. From sling tension to ground bearing pressure,load weight ETC. On the lighter side I have yet to use any math greater than grade 10 level on any of the lifts that I have had to do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

john cole in League City, Texas

65 months ago

joseph williams in Arlington, Texas said: I am a NCCCO certified crane operator,and have attended school-Oklahoma College of Construction in Oklahoma City.Crane operation has allot of math,GEOMETRY,angles and degrees incorporated in not only crane operation but rigging as well.If your math skills are poorthink about another piece of construction equipment.DO NOT attend OK College of Construction,We started out with 15 students,6 of us graduated from there.I hope this has been helpful

Was there a reason that so many failed? I am plannin on goin there in April.

Robertoe542 in Hellertown, Pennsylvania

65 months ago

I am a Union trained crane operator, and let me tell everyone here that Oklahoma College of construction is a joke. They give you a 6 week course on cranes and rigging and poof your a crane operator. That is the scariest thing I have ever heard. I have been a crane operator for ten years now after completeing a four year apprenticeship with the International Union of Operating Engineers and I am still learning to this day. Being a crane operator is a very serious business. It is not to be taken lightly. To think that a institute like ok college is turning out crane operators like candy makes me sick to my stomach. Not to mention what they charge you, $7,995 for tuition and another $528 for books and if you need lodging another $718 and thats just for the 3 week program. What a rip off. My 4 year apprenticeship didn't cost me a dime. Infact I got paid for it. All my classroom training was free and lodging was and still is free for anyone who needs it. When you complete the OK program your not even gonna get a job as a crane operator right away. No Crane Rental outfit or construction company is going to hire you to run a crane with a 6 week course under your belt. They are not dumb. They value there equipment and rep to much to let someone with no experience run there equipment. I pitty anyone who wastes there money on OK college.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

haulbot1@yahoo.com in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin

65 months ago

I agree that I got ripped off from the college of Oklahoma and I shoudn't be a full fledged operator doing critical lifts or any thing to difficult. I just want a chance to become a apprentice but no one will even give me a chance at that. I have 14 yrs experince operating kuckle booms and my NCCCO card for large telescopic thats more experince than anybody off the street to be a apprentice I guess I would have to related to somebody, but I'm not so I guess im stuck with Certification that is worth positivly
zero!!! Laugh away Big Jake.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

DO NOT QUIT !! For more than half a decade the union screwed me over by not allowing me in and then forced employers, who were willing to take me on, to bring in travelers to my own home town. Keep beating on doors fight any hall through your local state rep and senator "That a resident have priority on a permit over a travel card from outside from out side that local". Fight and make it the law where you live. Those who protect that small group, will hate you, your children and those of your community who's children will benefit from your actions will thank you !!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Dozer Operator in Irving, Texas

65 months ago

Does any operator need a in dallas?? I got hired on by a compnay that has a ob in Bryan tx.

Robertoe542 in Hellertown, Pennsylvania

65 months ago

haulbot1 dont give up on trying to get in. I have a couple of friends who put applications in for 5-6 years before they were accepted. Most locals take apprentices in according to how much work they have. No work, no apprentices. My advice to you is to keep pounding on there door. Most Locals only take apprentices in once a year. Make your name known at your local union hall. Call them as much as you can, and go there to meet the business agents. Put a face to the name. When it comes time to choose the applicants they will remember you. Belive me that helps allot.

65 months ago

Yes I'm looking for a job in dallas.I'm NCCCO certified in mobile,TLL and TSS.Send me the contact info. Thanks!!

65 months ago

thanks Robertoe542 I'll keep trying but I am getting old 40.

65 months ago

joseph williams in Arlington, Texas said: Yes I'm looking for a job in dallas.I'm NCCCO certified in mobile,TLL and TSS.Send me the contact info. Thanks!!

I will let you know something more tommrow. the job is in bryan tx. They are payin for the motel and food. They are work 60 to 84 hours week. Here is my email randallperr@gmail.com

65 months ago

Any operator in Dallas tx that needs a job

gate238rewis@yahoo.com in Ocoee, Florida

64 months ago

I love all the coments from you guys it makes me forget my weakness in math. I'm still trying to leave the clean security job at seaworld and take a new path into the construction. however the smaller machines is what i'm currently looking into.I'm hoping that the earth moving equipments for road construction will be less of challenge. Thanks to all of you out there, you all have been very inspirational and helpful. Keep the comments rolling. BOB STEVENS

64 months ago

There is math in that too you have to calculate all sorts of things unless you just end up running a loader or a roller.

Eric Nelson in Rochester, New Hampshire

64 months ago

I'm a 45 year old self-employed flooring contractor thinking of making a career change. I've always been interested in heavy equipment and crane operation. Am I out of my mind?? I'm looking into ATS(Associated Training Services) for training, has anyone heard of this school? it's reputation? What kind of jobs will I be able to find right out of school? How much can I expect to make? Do you think my age will be a plus or minus? Sorry for all the questions, thanks for any feedback. E

64 months ago

Eric Nelson in Rochester, New Hampshire said: I'm a 45 year old self-employed flooring contractor thinking of making a career change. I've always been interested in heavy equipment and crane operation. Am I out of my mind?? I'm looking into ATS(Associated Training Services) for training, has anyone heard of this school? it's reputation? What kind of jobs will I be able to find right out of school? How much can I expect to make? Do you think my age will be a plus or minus? Sorry for all the questions, thanks for any feedback. E

I'm NCCCO certified and NCCER certified in TLL and TSS mobile cranes.I have found out after spending over 15,000.00 that you have to have 3-5 yrs experience with cranes to get hired.I have been working the internet since May of 2008,after I graduated. No luck.Go on Indeed and key Crane as your search word.You'll see what I'm talking about.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

Eric: 20 yrs ago I started as a trucker ,after researching the highest paying job in it's field (picker),I never let anyone stop me from progressing. In 5yrs I had more than a dozen employers. If they would not move me up I moved on.If it what you want go for it. Their will always be an advantage for you due to your work exp. Customer relations will always be key. Find out who uses cranes on a regular basis in your area and who they use. Then solicit those companies if you already have a connection with one of their clients they will be more apt to take a second look at you. It is the employer who ultimately deems competence on the machine certification can follow, check your state regulations you will find that I am right. I have been running crane now for 15 yrs. Be willing to go where the employer has the job out of town travel can/is a big part of craning.

Bubba in Orlando, Florida

64 months ago

joseph williams in Arlington, Texas said: I'm NCCCO certified and NCCER certified in TLL and TSS mobile cranes.I have found out after spending over 15,000.00 that you have to have 3-5 yrs experience with cranes to get hired.I have been working the internet since May of 2008,after I graduated. No luck.Go on Indeed and key Crane as your search word.You'll see what I'm talking about.

HOLY S#!T!!!!!!!!!!! i cant you guys pay this much money for these certs!!!!!!!!!!! 15 grand for hydro certs???????? man, i need to start giving these classes, ill do it for 25% of that and still make a fortune!

Bubba in Orlando, Florida

64 months ago

Robertoe542 in Hellertown, Pennsylvania said: I am a Union trained crane operator, and let me tell everyone here that Oklahoma College of construction is a joke. They give you a 6 week course on cranes and rigging and poof your a crane operator. That is the scariest thing I have ever heard. I have been a crane operator for ten years now after completeing a four year apprenticeship with the International Union of Operating Engineers and I am still learning to this day. Being a crane operator is a very serious business. It is not to be taken lightly. To think that a institute like ok college is turning out crane operators like candy makes me sick to my stomach. Not to mention what they charge you, $7,995 for tuition and another $528 for books and if you need lodging another $718 and thats just for the 3 week program. What a rip off. My 4 year apprenticeship didn't cost me a dime. Infact I got paid for it. All my classroom training was free and lodging was and still is free for anyone who needs it. When you complete the OK program your not even gonna get a job as a crane operator right away. No Crane Rental outfit or construction company is going to hire you to run a crane with a 6 week course under your belt. They are not dumb. They value there equipment and rep to much to let someone with no experience run there equipment. I pitty anyone who wastes there money on OK college.

well said.

Eric Nelson in Rochester, New Hampshire

64 months ago

Ron Walton in Edmonton, Alberta said: Eric: 20 yrs ago I started as a trucker ,after researching the highest paying job in it's field (picker),I never let anyone stop me from progressing. In 5yrs I had more than a dozen employers. If they would not move me up I moved on.If it what you want go for it. Their will always be an advantage for you due to your work exp. Customer relations will always be key. Find out who uses cranes on a regular basis in your area and who they use. Then solicit those companies if you already have a connection with one of their clients they will be more apt to take a second look at you. It is the employer who ultimately deems competence on the machine certification can follow, check your state regulations you will find that I am right. I have been running crane now for 15 yrs. Be willing to go where the employer has the job out of town travel can/is a big part of craning.

Ron: Thanks for the advice, it's well taken. The points you've made are definitely things that I will use. It's a tough and nerve wracking decision when you've been doing something for 23 years, thanks again. Eric

64 months ago

I had spent 14yrs in renovation construction before I changed my carear no one gave me a break, I made my own. Orphaned as a teen with little to no help from family or govt I learned and remembered one thing my dad told me . "Son if your not moving up move on, you are worth it someone."

Craneoperator in Irving, Texas

64 months ago

Are you still looking for a job?? I got hired on at Ed bell operating a crane.Why do most of you crane operators go to school. That doesnt make you a operator. Any body can go to school . You need seat time . No school can give you that. I have been operating since I was 17 im 28 now and I still dont know it all.I worked on the New Cowbow stadium with Manhattan.And I have done a bunch of other buildings too.

64 months ago

School doesnt make you guys a operator. Hate to bust your bubble.You dont need a NCCO.I have been operating since 97 and have never been asked for one.The local 178 union here in Dallas is a joke of a union. Texas is a right to work state.I think if you want to become a Crane operator you need to start as a laborer and work you way up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

Knowledge is POWER DUMMY!!You will need to be NCCCO certified soon! If you're not,you will not be allowed around a crane STUPID! You need to subscribe to CCO magizine to stay abreast of whats going on in the industry.My local is out of Ft Worth.With the crane accidents happening all over Texas i.e. Cleburne,it's a matter of time before Texas fails in line with the other 16 states in the country to require you to be certified.My IQ is 119 and I scored a 92% on the written CCO exam,I very much doubt YOU are that intelligent.By the way STUPID,a right to work state is a state that doesn't require you to join a company recognized union,it has nothing to do with whether you can or cannot work.Michigan is NOT a right to work state-that means if you work for a union shop,you MUST join the union.Either way when I check out at Wal-mart,don't worry I'll carry my bags to the car!!REQUIRED CERTIFICATION IS COMING!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

Yes, I'm looking for employment,do you know someone that's hiring? To answer your question,going to school teaches you tricks and procedures that would take you years to learn on your own

64 months ago

I Didnt say I dont have my ncco.Just say that going to school doesnt make you a operator.I started off as a labor like you did.Worked my way up the ladder.Alot of these guys that are going to school doesnt make them a operator.Sittin in a classs room isnt the same as beening 230ft up in the air with 40mph wind blowing and you are trying to pick up a 12,000 pound table or you are flying panels.I got on at Ed Bell const making 25hr workin 65 hours a week. Not bad they are the only ones that are hiring.

64 months ago

Hey try the LOCAL UNION 178 there in Fortworth. They dont have any work now. Hell they have never had any lol.They did a pipeline last year and had about 300 people on the out of work list. What a joke. The manager there doesnt go out and find work.You might try Lewis Equiment they are the big tower crane company around.I worked for the for 3 years pretty good company.Or try Za

64 months ago

Try Zachry they are big company have jobs all over the country if you dont mind traveling.The 178 union is a joke. Do let Robert fool you by saying they hvae work.They want you to pay dues but dont have the work and wont give you a open ticket to go any where else

64 months ago

Do you have a POC for either of these companies?

64 months ago

ya most of them. Was with the local 178 for about 3 months then they didnt have any work. Zachrys good if you like traveling.They hire alot of mexicans lol.

64 months ago

Yes Eric I know how you feel, I had spent a lot of years in renovation construction before I made the decision to change carears. Back when the economy was worse than what it is now. My province was still in an economic winter (that lasted over a decade) caused by an eastern based Govt. Who's greed for a take of our provincial resource striped us of most of our provincial profit. In 10 yrs nearly 100 billion dollars was transfered form Alberta to a province with double the population of Alberta. Under the guise of equalization payments. So don't give up start as a rigger if you have to with an agreement up front that you will be trained on the machine. Be sure to have your conditions up front so that if they do not move you up they know why you move on.

cardo in Campton, New Hampshire

64 months ago

This guy is telling the truth.I also did the 4 year IOUE apprenticeship program with Local 4 Boston ,best thing I ever did you cant learn this trade in 6 weeks no way.... been into it for 13 years and still learning.Be safe

Robertoe542 in Hellertown, Pennsylvania said: I am a Union trained crane operator, and let me tell everyone here that Oklahoma College of construction is a joke. They give you a 6 week course on cranes and rigging and poof your a crane operator. That is the scariest thing I have ever heard. I have been a crane operator for ten years now after completeing a four year apprenticeship with the International Union of Operating Engineers and I am still learning to this day. Being a crane operator is a very serious business. It is not to be taken lightly. To think that a institute like ok college is turning out crane operators like candy makes me sick to my stomach. Not to mention what they charge you, $7,995 for tuition and another $528 for books and if you need lodging another $718 and thats just for the 3 week program. What a rip off. My 4 year apprenticeship didn't cost me a dime. Infact I got paid for it. All my classroom training was free and lodging was and still is free for anyone who needs it. When you complete the OK program your not even gonna get a job as a crane operator right away. No Crane Rental outfit or construction company is going to hire you to run a crane with a 6 week course under your belt. They are not dumb. They value there equipment and rep to much to let someone with no experience run there equipment. I pitty anyone who wastes there money on OK college.

64 months ago

UNION SUCKS LOL. was with the local union 178 loue here in fortworth tx.

Philip Storey in Longmont, Colorado

63 months ago

in 2010 osha is requiring all crane operators to be nccco qualified or equ. so if you want to get into the crane you will have to get this somehow. i just went to ats for 4500 and also got nccer card also.

Youngster in Houston, Texas

63 months ago

im a young black male thats inquiring in becoming a crane operator. i know they don't have many blacks thats into this feild but really thinking on going to a school for it... i been reading some of the comments on here about the school and unions, and they have been helpful in some sorts. but me being a minority (not a mexican) will be a bigger wall for me to hurdle. its almost most hard to find the right advice in the industrial industry coming from where im from. its all about making money for my family and building america. so if anyone has any GOOD advice please reach out to me...PIGEONTOWN17@YAHOO.COM

Scott Krue in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

62 months ago

You guys are putting down Oklahoma College of Construction are Either idiots or don't know anything about it. I went through it and did very well. In fact everyone in the class passed now I'm not saying everyone in the class will make it as a crane operator or a rigger. In fact I think some of them sould never step foot around a crane again, and some of them won't. You learn alot of information about cranes and rigging that some guys running cranes don't have a clue. I know I've seen them, some don't even know how to read a load chart. the object of the course is to give you the knowledge to enter the crane industry as an entry level crane operator or rigger, usually working under another crane operator untill you get the experience you need to be the lead operator. It is not intended for you to finish the training and go straight to operating a crane without supervision. Crane operation is a life time learning experience. Forester Barnes the crane instructor at ok-cc is one of the best instructors I have seen. He'got 30 years crane experience and he knows his stuff. I think what I learned from it was very useful, yes I think the price was a little high, but the knowledge you learn from it would take you about 15 years to learn on the job. In fact I know crane operators who have been in the feild over 20 years that don't knoww what I know.

62 months ago

You can't tell me anything about forrester Barnes or Jon Rogers.Don't be a politican,tell the whole story!! I learned allot from Barnes,but he also had us highlight material in our books that was not even on the CCO exam.Why? because the school wants you to pay and pay to retake the exam,it's money in the schools pocket.Their placement staff is a joke!and so is Jon Rogers.Barnes continued to tell us "don't worry about the experience that the employers want,the seasoned crane operators are already where they want to work,that's a lie! I'm NCCCO certified in TLL and TSS mobile cranes and NCCER certified,and it was with no help from Barnes or Rogers.I graduated in May of 08 and scored 96%,and 92% on my written exams and 92% and 88% on both practicals on TLL and TSS.I e-mail my scores,cco card,nccer card and garduation certificates,I flew to California for my TSS indorsement,hoping it would help.The bottom line is,NO EXPERIENCE NO JOB.The employers e-mail me back and tell me,although I have impressive credentials,they need someone with experience.So you can praise Oklahoma College of Construction to someone else,for me it was a big mistake hooking up with this sham school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JR1 in Lubbock, Texas

62 months ago

joseph williams in Arlington, Texas said: You can't tell me anything about forrester Barnes or Jon Rogers.Don't be a politican,tell the whole story!! I learned allot from Barnes,but he also had us highlight material in our books that was not even on the CCO exam.Why? because the school wants you to pay and pay to retake the exam,it's money in the schools pocket.Their placement staff is a joke!and so is Jon Rogers.Barnes continued to tell us "don't worry about the experience that the employers want,the seasoned crane operators are already where they want to work,that's a lie! I'm NCCCO certified in TLL and TSS mobile cranes and NCCER certified,and it was with no help from Barnes or Rogers.I graduated in May of 08 and scored 96%,and 92% on my written exams and 92% and 88% on both practicals on TLL and TSS.I e-mail my scores,cco card,nccer card and garduation certificates,I flew to California for my TSS indorsement,hoping it would help.The bottom line is,NO EXPERIENCE NO JOB.The employers e-mail me back and tell me,although I have impressive credentials,they need someone with experience.So you can praise Oklahoma College of Construction to someone else,for me it was a big mistake hooking up with this sham school.

Joseph Im really sorry you feel this way about the Oklahoma college, I am No longer working for the college as i was laid off back in sept of 08 because of the economy.
Im not going to try to defend the college for things they have done to students, because i saw alot of it. And Yes they are in it for the money!!
But i will say this "Forster and I put alot time and effort into that program( most on our Own time)" as far as your comment about alot of the stuff we had you highlight wasnt on the test? we werent there to teach you to pass the test. We were there to give you the Knowledge to start a career as a entry level crane operator. and you can say what you want? but you got that and more!
Now what you do with it is upto You!

62 months ago

Still doesnt matter if you hve no experience you dont get a job as crane operator. And entry level crane operator only makes maybe if he is luck 18hr. Most newbies make 14hr. Anybody can read a damn book on how to operate a crane. But no seat time.Sounds like union crap to me.

62 months ago

I rec'd your comment and I didn't mention earlier that I have attended many programs/institutions of higher learning-NCO academy,in the military,hold a associates degree in Business Management,held a position of shortage anaylst in the aircraft business for 20 years,allot of continuing education.A student relies on the instructor/associate professor ect.,to provide the information that is required to be competent in their chosen field.i.e-exams!! I did not recieve nor did my classmates the required information to study for the NCCCO exam.I have given many individuals on this site my thoughts about this school in Oklahoma and although I am out allot of money,with my opinons and thoughts about this institution,I have saved many potential students that were thinking about enrolling in this school their money.I have even e-mailed my credentials to them,to show that this school is bogus.It's not much but it does give me a certain amount of satisfaction to know I saved them allot of money for getting nothing in return.I haven't been able to find any work-oiler,rigger,or crane operator since I graduated in 08.I have sent thousands of resumes out on the internet,and have been to the Texas employment commission,NO EXPERIENCE---NO JOB!!!!

62 months ago

What needs to change with reguards to NCCCO and the way the schools are taking advantage of people is for each person to be signed up as an apprentice with the NCCCO being the registering body. Then all schools being brought into line to a national minimum standard of what they must teach. Class time should be broken up into at least a three year period, for seat time under the direct or indirect supervision of a Certified Operator, with both practical and technical knowledge consisting of 120HRS of technical. Each year of HRS should be applied as credit to Full NCCCO accreditation and the NCCCO should issue an apprenticeship card stating the year of training the apprentice in in I.E.; 1st period, 2nd period, 3rd period then completed (Journeyman) card. This will prevent all money grubbing frauds from getting their hands on money they are worthy of getting since they would have to comply with NCCCO standards of credditation.

Scott Krue in Woodward, Oklahoma

62 months ago

He had you highlight the stuff that wasn't on the test, so you can learn not just pass the test. It is for your knowledge, if you persue a career in the crane industry. Know ledge is the key to success, and if you can't figure out why you need this knowledge, besides to take a test, then I guess your not as smart as you think. You need common sense in life too not just book smarts.

62 months ago

We as operators or potential opreators must band together and force
Gov't to bring Schools to an international standard. I'm not sure on how some of you feel. But I chose what I do and it sickens me to see others trying to break into the field getting screwed over. With many states and the people who fund them, the issue is purly money, if a ticket proves your worth the money they have to pay it. Step class certification is the best way to increase our standard of living as we advance in the field. And I am certainly worth more than anyone with NO seat time and a ticket that says he is as qualified as a 15yr man like me and many others.

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.