jobs overseas

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

crane guy in Cheyenne, Wyoming

78 months ago

I'm looking to get a job in the Norway, Sweeden, Finland part of the world. Anyone have any insight on how to achieve this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (98) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

reidarskarsem in Trondheim, Norway

56 months ago

Robbie in Harbour Grace, Newfoundland said: Does Norway hire many female crane operators? I would like to go to Norway for a crane job!! Is there an apprenticeship program over there or do they just attend a training course and they're done?

It's many female crane operators in Norway ;)
You need a training corse (about a week) and after that u need 160 documented crane hours. Then you have the license to drive the crane. (It's one course for all mobile cranes. Another for crawler crane and so on...)
U can buy these hours at the training course (expensive!!) or do these hours at the place you are employed. But u need a experienced crane operator at the worksite at all time. We have done that at my work whith several employes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jamie in Edmonton, Alberta

55 months ago

udkj1620 in Koshigaya, Japan said: hi! my name is kenji. i`m japanese a professional crane operator for almost a year. and i want work as operator in canada. is there anyone who can help me to find work in canada? thank you! wait for reply!

Hello Kenji,
There is lots of demand for crane operators in Alberta, Canada. I would try to ask questions with Mammoet, they have an office in Tokyo. They are very big in Canada as well. Also go on the internet and look up OE955 union they are the largest crane operators union in North America. It is probably easier to be a operator in the states up here in the north we have to have certifications, which means going to school for a while and having a few years of experience. I've been operating crane in Canada for 12 years and love doing it still, its also very good money in Canada. Anyway, if you have a dream of being a operator in Canada try these places first and I hope your wishes come true.
Jamie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

T.King in Deer Park, Texas

53 months ago

Hi, I as well is Nccco certified/ API certified with ten years experience operating with six years offshore. Im just trying to get my foot in the door with a overseas job. I just received a contract for a job in NIGERIA but not really to sure about going to NIGERIA based on what everybody is saying about NIGERIA. Any suggestions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Robbie in New Harbour, Newfoundland

53 months ago

Reidar Skarsem in Trondheim, Norway said: It's many female crane operators in Norway ;)
You need a training corse (about a week) and after that u need 160 documented crane hours. Then you have the license to drive the crane. (It's one course for all mobile cranes. Another for crawler crane and so on...)
U can buy these hours at the training course (expensive!!) or do these hours at the place you are employed. But u need a experienced crane operator at the worksite at all time. We have done that at my work whith several employes.

I have way more than 160 crane hours!! just over 1000 mostly on AT, but some on friction, rt, and boom truck.

I have a course done already from the Operating Engineers College in Canada, Email me some contacts!! :) argentia@live.ca

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.