union members

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (28)

john crouch in Willimantic, Connecticut

56 months ago

Are any members of the IUOE getting back to work, out of there local halls, and about how
many would estimate are still on the bench at there locals. Thank You John Crouch #478

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

crain in Southgate, Michigan

56 months ago

yes and no still have alot sitting 324

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

crain in Southgate, Michigan

56 months ago

yes and no still have alot sitting

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jJ.G hernandez in Woodside, New York

55 months ago

john crouch in Willimantic, Connecticut said: Are any members of the IUOE getting back to work, out of there local halls, and about how
many would estimate are still on the bench at there locals. Thank You John Crouch #478

1 year out of work still waiting. doing what ever to survive. where is my union? NY local 295 IUOE

baker569 in Cordova, Tennessee

55 months ago

john crouch in Willimantic, Connecticut said: Are any members of the IUOE getting back to work, out of there local halls, and about how

i just returned from afghanistan and went to my local to put my name on the books. there is nothing here, completely dead. i guess i'll have to go back until the economy does something good.,

snake571 in Morristown, Tennessee

51 months ago

i am #70 on a-list with a total of about 300 members. nothing for at least a year or more I was told. Idont need a long stick would be happy with a telehandler or neck breaker LOCAL 571 nebraska

maximus817 in Saint Marys, Georgia

51 months ago

Hey baker569 how was that work in Afghanistan I was think about trying to go to Iraq for a job. Just looking for some input to base my decision on. I have been on the books for over a year.What company did you work for?

CranemanIUOE66 in Leetonia, Ohio

49 months ago

Here in local 66 things are moving along. Not as fast as we would like but they are moving along. I personally had some work in January for All crane. Then a 9 weak shutdown and a 6 day job. Not nearly as much work as I would like but we have some really big projects coming up. I just don't know when.There is a 640 million dollar specialty pipe mill being built. Plus we are waiting on the courts to decide if the coal to jet fuel plant can be built. Another big press job at the Car plant. I have also heard rumors of other work being let. But I won't even talk about those because they are rumors. Currently I am number 27 on the Pittsburgh list. But I will be transferring my records back to my home district in Youngstown Ohio, so I will be dropping down a little further but the work close to home will be nice if I get in on it. I do not think we are going to have enough operators if everything goes at once. SO it might be worth calling local 66 to check and see how things are moving in a couple of weaks.

CRANEGUY in DAVENPORT, Iowa

48 months ago

Rick804 in Richmond, Virginia said: I got laid off July 1st. Went to the hall, Local 147, was told I was #8 on the operator list. I called around the country to different locals to check the market, some have anywhere from 3 to 10 times that many on the bench, so #8 is not so bad. The hall told me some work coming up, but not until September. Unemployment in VA in only $378 before taxes, so trying to find something to hold me over.

I am in Iowa...local 150 district 8...this is Chicago's union...I was laid off by Crane Rental and Rigging Dec. 29th for two weeks...its now July 15th and still no work.The same 5 crane operators have been benched since nov. There's not even non union stuff here. Back to truck drivin i guess..All that hard work down the @hitter.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dave Kay in Victorville, California

48 months ago

So Cal here and even though I've been pretty lucky to have worked steady all of 2008, '09 and halfway thru 2010, my last project finally ended and man am I ever WAY DOWN the OOW lists. Got on 5 different district lists when layoff came in June and there's probably 5000 guys, collectively, on those lists. Lots of guys I know are all sitting home and have been for quite a while, some of 'em for over a year.

CRANEGUY in DAVENPORT, Iowa

45 months ago

Dave Kay in Victorville, California said: So Cal here and even though I've been pretty lucky to have worked steady all of 2008, '09 and halfway thru 2010, my last project finally ended and man am I ever WAY DOWN the OOW lists. Got on 5 different district lists when layoff came in June and there's probably 5000 guys, collectively, on those lists. Lots of guys I know are all sitting home and have been for quite a while, some of 'em for over a year.

I WORKED IN L.A CALI.. FROM JAN TO JULY HOPING TOCOME BACK TO A JOB BUT NO LUCK...NOW ITS OCTOBER....WINTERS COMMIN FAST AND IM STILL SITTIN ON THIS STUPID F%@KING LIST.....UNION BROTHERHOOD..HMMMMMM

shebear29@yahoo.com in Deerfield, Virginia

44 months ago

CRANEGUY in DAVENPORT, Iowa said: I WORKED IN L.A CALI.. FROM JAN TO JULY HOPING TOCOME BACK TO A JOB BUT NO LUCK...NOW ITS OCTOBER....WINTERS COMMIN FAST AND IM STILL SITTIN ON THIS STUPID F%@KING LIST.....UNION BROTHERHOOD..HMMMMMM

My husband has been a Crane/HeavyEquipment Operator 35 years..he has been out of work in Florida since June and after calling the union in Beckley,VA and being told there WAS work available for 4100 Cranes, and that they had only one person qualified for the positions open, we moved here, just to be told that within 1 week of moving from there to here that the positions had all been filled by locals, WTH??? Why cant BA's be truthful?? Used all available funds to move and now stuck because of this so called
"UNION BROTHERHOOD" HMMMMM IS SO RIGHT! Is there anything anywhere here in Virginia??????

UNION PROUD in Dandridge, Tennessee

44 months ago

sounds like a bad deal. Hope things ge better.

UNION PROUD in Dandridge, Tennessee

44 months ago

sounds like a bad deal. Hope things get better.

Live Boom in Boston, Massachusetts

44 months ago

The bottom fell out two years ago here and it is still very slow getting anything up and running. Most large jobs have been on the back burner since then. "Shovel Ready" jobs are what is keeping things afloat.

dave in Fort Wayne, Indiana

42 months ago

As Long as the Union brothers vote for the Half cracker you are so screwed.... Union tell all of us vote for the Dem's.. I tell my union brothers they are fools to listen to the union.. But then again i see so many so called brother follow and not know how to be a leader.. I stand on what I see id true and the Dem's are a joke.. Vote something in and then we will find out what is in it... WTH... How is your insurane holding up??? Going up I bet... Half Cracker is a liar.....

chris hardey local 178 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

42 months ago

just left new orleans runing a 2250,there,s booms sticking up all over town.i had no problem clearing in. there is no hook operatores at the hall.one local guy told me you can go to work for B&G and keep your trailer at the yard.(local 406)good luck chris

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

wg4100 in Quincy, Indiana

42 months ago

I got laid off Oct,'09 and have looked everywhere.Was erecting wind turbines and thought that they wouldn't stop but work came to a screeching halt. My local is filling seats with out of state guys.
a gas pipeline came through here 1 1/2 years ago but a union out fit from texas got it and my BA said that we didn,t have any experienced operators to fill the seats.Hmmmm, Brotherhood my ass. Local 841

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Frustrated139er in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

41 months ago

I understand your pain wg4100.
I too was erecting cranes for the turbine sites.
Travelled the country for a major player in the industry, thinking I had 10 years of steady work, and BAM! The bottom dropped out. I was a foreman for an erection crew, and never thought I would be laid off so quickly. Out of 3 crane crews, they let 2 full crews go, then finally let the 3rd crew go and now barely have any work at all. They now use the crane supplier to erect and move their cranes when the need arises. I have been laid off since August '09 with intermittent work in Milwaukee area since then. However, it hasn't been enough to keep my health benefits current and my unemployment is about to run out. The hall has called me once since June '10, and there are only out of state jobs that I am not ready to go after. What the hell do you do? I'm thinking about a new career after 20 years in this one.

Curt in Woodbine, Iowa

40 months ago

Frustrated139er in Milwaukee, Wisconsin said: I understand your pain wg4100.
I too was erecting cranes for the turbine sites.
Travelled the country for a major player in the industry, thinking I had 10 years of steady work, and BAM! The bottom dropped out. I was a foreman for an erection crew, and never thought I would be laid off so quickly. Out of 3 crane crews, they let 2 full crews go, then finally let the 3rd crew go and now barely have any work at all. They now use the crane supplier to erect and move their cranes when the need arises. I have been laid off since August '09 with intermittent work in Milwaukee area since then. However, it hasn't been enough to keep my health benefits current and my unemployment is about to run out. The hall has called me once since June '10, and there are only out of state jobs that I am not ready to go after. What the hell do you do? I'm thinking about a new career after 20 years in this one.

let us know where that out of work is. We will gladly look into it..anything is better then nothing at all. nels4@live.com

jimbo in Bristol, Pennsylvania

34 months ago

over 375 on philly's list good luck with that

bommer in Vandalia, Missouri

34 months ago

jimbo in Bristol, Pennsylvania said: over 375 on philly's list good luck with that

i hoper it get better

skyhorse11320 IUOE#12 in Santa Barbara, California

34 months ago

Left Vegas 2&1/2 years now, riches to rags!...Tower Crane heaven it was... found a friction rig in Santa Barbara build a freeway and rail bridge. Doing the OECP cert next weekend. then the NCCCO because the unions cert isnt worth the paper its printed on! maybe the Chinese have some work... God knows they have all the money thanks to the Walmart patrons! Good Luck out there!

The General in West Palm Beach, Florida

34 months ago

Wow, Union vs Union.. did you read the article about the Longshoreman Union vs the IUOE in Washington State? what happened to the brotherhood?... The IUOE is built on nothing but lies, all of its members feed off of the crap that is spewed at the meetings... all crap... then you guys start cutting each others throat...lmao
MSNBC link
www.msnbc.msn.com

hunter in Seattle, Washington

34 months ago

Still full here and in ohio.. looks like another dead year. only work i am hearing of is in North Dakota if ne one is ncco cert. try out there

dick in Washington, District of Columbia

33 months ago

shebear29@yahoo.com in Deerfield, Virginia said: My husband has been a Crane/HeavyEquipment Operator 35 years..he has been out of work in Florida since June and after calling the union in Beckley,VA and being told there WAS work available for 4100 Cranes, and that they had only one person qualified for the positions open, we moved here, just to be told that within 1 week of moving from there to here that the positions had all been filled by locals, WTH??? Why cant BA's be truthful?? Used all available funds to move and now stuck because of this so called
"UNION BROTHERHOOD" HMMMMM IS SO RIGHT! Is there anything anywhere here in Virginia??????

FFFForget it here in VA. this is the worst local ever. This place sucks unless your hispanic and willing to work for7 bucks with no overtime pay. nations capital should be embarassed of what they have created............nothin but lies and bs

33 months ago

If you live in va....get hustle on no honest work anywhere around here....unless you blow the ba's NO BROTHERHOOD HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cut throat pu@sies

33 months ago

GET FUC@ING SERIOUS I think you have alot of nerve to even come on here to ask such a retarded question. We are all starving. Get your butt out and drum up some work not just members to make your locals look good. You give any body a book as long as they pay.......what about all of us sitting and waiting..... so tired of your so called brotherhood bs. It's all cut throat all for one one for all. Might want to watch it cause you are gonna be outta work soon too. What do you do for any of us except fill us with bs I'm full can't take no more of this. You ba's should have your head between your legs in disgust with yourself

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.