Getting a credit manager job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

How did you get your start doing credit manager work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

DuFuss McGoo in Lincoln, Rhode Island

98 months ago

Here's a killer cover letter. Assume there is a picture of an excel chart showing DSO for 3 years with a great downward curve over that time:

This is an Excel file named ?Mountains or Rollercoaster?. It could be, couldn?t it? Not a very good picture though. I guess I?m not a very talented artist.

But I?m not an artist. I?m in Credit and Collections.

What if the picture was a chart of DSO from the first month I started to the present day? I?ve eliminated the Y scale since I do not want to give away company information, so you will have to fill in your own numbers.

The question becomes the following:

How much is one full turn a year worth to your company? What if it were two full turns?

It becomes an interesting question, doesn?t it?

You must admit, too, this is by far the most intriguing cover letter you have ever seen.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

jimluongo in Plymouth, Massachusetts

94 months ago

Host said: How did you get your start doing credit manager work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

I started doing my credit work as an account manager for Colortyme TV. I moved into debt collections, credit cards then working at Countrywide learning what went into a mortgae package eventually into consumer and retail credit lending sales and management, to complete skills origination, sales and management.

I took the long road and learned the industry from the ground up. No formal education

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.