Getting a ct technologist job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

How did you get your start doing ct technologist work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

jean ronald booz in Hollywood, Florida

83 months ago

hi, i would like to know how i can cross traine in CT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

SHAWN in Leesville, Louisiana

83 months ago

Host said: How did you get your start doing ct technologist work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

TO BE A CT TECH, YOU NEED TO HAVE A DEGREE IN RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGY. MOST COLLEGES OR UNIVERSITIES OFFER A 2YR ASSOCIATE DEGREE PROGRAM OR A 4 YR BACHELOR DEGREE PROGRAM. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHICH YOU CHOSE, HOWEVER I DID THE 2YR PROGRAM. THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS YOU WASTE ABOUT TWO YEARS IN THE 4YR PROGRAM W/ JUNK LIKE FINE ARTS, MICROBIOLOGY, ETC. NONE OF WHICH WILL CONTRIBUTE TO YOUR JOB RELATED SKILLS. I BEGAN WORK AT A HOSPITAL WHERE ALL OF THE XRAY TECHS HAD TO DO CT B/C OF TAKING CALL ON THE WEEKEND. AFTER ABOUT A YEAR OF EXPERIENCE I TOOK A TEST CALLED THE CT REGISTRY AND AM NOW A CERTIFIED CT TECH. NOT ONLY DO I KNOW HOW TO SCAN, BUT I KNOW WHAT IS PHYSICALLY HAPPEN WITH THE PRESSING OF EACH BUTTON ON THE OPERATOR'S CONSOLE. ANYONE CAN LEARN CT, BUT IF YOU WANT TO PRODUCE THE BEST IMAGES, YOU NEED TO KNOW HOW TO CHANGE CERTAIN SCAN PARAMETERS ACCORDING TO THE TYPE OF STUDY AND THE PATIENT'S BODY HABITUS (SIZE)! I HOPE THIS HELPS!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.