Getting a custodial worker job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

How did you get your start doing custodial worker work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

Don Richards in Washington, District of Columbia

93 months ago

What is this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

antonette in Brooklyn, New York

60 months ago

Host said: How did you get your start doing custodial worker work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

i went to cutodial maintenance school here in new york, the school is called (fedcap). maybe there is a school that you can go to in your state to study this feild of work. its better if you go to school and get certified. good luck. and it only took me 5 months . the thing about this feild of work. it's on going, people will always need some one to clean for them. these are the skills i learned. commercial cleaning, bathroom and office cleaning,carpet shampooing such as hot water extraction,the bonnet method, rotary tank method,host sponge method, floor cleaning(tiles flooring) such as buffing and burnishing(give the floor a wet and shiny look) ,stripping and waxing floors .window cleaning , dusting, wet mopping,freight area cleaning, how to tie cardboard the proper way. recycling(paper and bottles and cans. and the list goes on and on. once again good luck to you and i hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.