Finding work even though you have felonies

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

levi in Hayward, California

62 months ago

you never pay your debt to society as far as the job market is conserned. a person might as well stay locked up as far as some employers are conserned.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Terry . in New Haven, Missouri

57 months ago

I most certainly agree. What people don't understand is that
PEOPLE CHANGE! Well screw your policies. The jobs that don't give felons another chance are putting us back in that vicious circle. What do you think I'm gonna do if I don't get a job? Kill
myself? Why no. I'm going to rob and steal to survive. And the first place I'm gonna rob and tear up, is the place that denies me a job because I'm a felon. Then the second place, Third. Forth. My god man, I had a hit and run when I was 18. I am now 53. It still haunts me. Because I couldn't get A job, I was convicted for receiving stolen property. I just can't IMAGINE WHY

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Mr. John Smith in New York, New York

43 months ago

Preventing a person from being able to get a new start at rebuilding their lives create more of a problem then people realize. But people truly show that they really don't care about people that make bad decision in life. Now, I ask, is this a good example to show anybody?. I REALLY DON'T THINK SO!!!!!!!!!!!!! The one thing that is not looked-upon is, the younger generation is also observing the examples that are being shown to them by the older genetation. And as we know, the younger generation tend to repeat what they see or hear, so when they grow up and become the older generation, what type of a attitudes do we exspect to receive from them? STRONGLY THINK ABOUT THIS POSSIBLE REALITY!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

steve.cherry65@gmail.com in Greensboro, North Carolina

42 months ago

Well I'm facing the same situation and the fact of the matter is a lot of companies are using the criminal record to keep certain classes of people and races out of there companies. It's against the law to not to give a job to someone because their black, but you can be denied a job because you have a criminal record. Now you might be white and facing the same situation, but you are just collatoral damage. But in my personal oppinion I don't think a person should go back to a life af crime because of what society thinks because that what society expects you to do. Besides the only difference between myself and someone who doesn't have a record is the fact that they haven't got caught.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

edna_merriweather@yahoo.com in Grand Rapids, Michigan

36 months ago

Ive been looking for employment for over 2yrs now with no luck because of my felony could you please help me find employment and if so,my email is edna_merriweather@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Suzanne in Portland, Oregon

36 months ago

Try searching for companies started and run by folks with felony records. Here in Oregon we have a company called Dave's Killer Bread that's great. Find them on Facebook at www.facebook.com/DavesKillerBread. Also, I don't know if there is a resource where you are with Mercy Corps. The Oregon website is here: www.mercycorpsnw.org/what-we-do/roar/

bobbypersinger in Baltimore, Maryland

31 months ago

have a hardtime finding a job what do i due

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

31 months ago

levi in Hayward, California said: you never pay your debt to society as far as the job market is conserned. a person might as well stay locked up as far as some employers are conserned.

It's hard enough trying to find employment with a clean record.

I can't imagine trying to find a job with a felony.

Honestly, get a new identity...fake id, driver, social, etc

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jmarie in Chicago, Illinois

18 months ago

edna_merriweather@yahoo.com in Grand Rapids, Michigan said: Ive been looking for employment for over 2yrs now with no luck because of my felony could you please help me find employment and if so,my email is edna_merriweather@yahoo.com

Did you find a job edna?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.